More Rumours From Jim Hill

EPCOT Explorer

Yea. Personally, I'd like to see something like KP brought to MK, but as an Indiana Jones game in Adventureland. I doubt they'll ever build the ride, so it would be a nice, easy way to get Indy into MK.

And it wouldn't be hard to make one for each of the lands.

Oooooh, that's an idea.:D

And yes, a TL one would be interesting.

SirGoofy

Explain that to the 40 odd presidents of that nation next door. The KP game has been small-scale and unobtrusive, not disrupting the WS theme for others not experiencing the game -- National Treasure would be the same.

True, but at least HoP is fairly(No where near completely) historically accurate, where as National Treasure is just a poor knock off of Indiana Jones, with out the research/historical back up.

Stitch themed? :lookaroun

:fork:

No, but imagine an X-S Tech one involving WALL-E, Meet the Robinsons, Treasure Planet, Timekeeper, etc.

rbrower

p00ch, you could work for Disney with that kind of creativity.:fork::fork::lol:

No, hopefully they would take the high road and actually do something original.
Thanks. :lookaroun
True, but at least HoP is fairly(No where near completely) historically accurate, where as National Treasure is just a poor knock off of Indiana Jones, with out the research/historical back up.

No, but imagine an X-S Tech one involving WALL-E, Meet the Robinsons, Treasure Planet, Timekeeper, etc.
True. :lol:

Fun2BFree

That's complete nonsense. We all know that National Treasure is in fact a poor knock-off of the Da Vinci Code. :lookaroun

That withstanding, it's a popular franchise, would freshen the area and the guests not playing the game probably wouldn't even notice it. For all the moaning forumites do about stagnation in MK, they sure are picky about what to add, even if it fits the general theme of the area.

Although that Indy Adventureland game idea sounds very nice too.

EPCOT Explorer

Ah, true...

And, WOW, that would be EPIC.:D

SirGoofy

That withstanding, it's a popular franchise, would freshen the area and the guests not playing the game probably wouldn't even notice it. For all the moaning forumites do about stagnation in MK, they sure are picky about what to add, even if it fits the general theme of the area.

Liberty Square just has some of the best theming in all of WDW, and I'd hate to see it ruined with Nick Cage's face and horrible acting skills plastered all over it. :lol:

yeti

Here are a few more rumours for everyone's consideration.

• When Pixar Place is expanded not only is Honey I Shrunk The Kids Movie Set Adventure going to be themed to Bug's Life but Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show is going to receive a Cars overlay based off of the sequel.
  • Talk of a National Treasure themed Kim Possible Adventure type game that could be added to the Liberty Square section of the Magic Kingdom.
  • Possible restaurant updates for the Japan Pavilion as well as "possibly" Mount Fuji.
Remember, these are just rumours so please don't shoot the messenger.

In order from top to bottom:

Very Likely
Maybe
No

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Liberty Square doesn't have any room available for a new attraction.

-Rob

Well, with a re-working of the HM queue to be to the left of the entrance (where the current graveyard sits), the walkway in front of the mansion could continue to a large narrow building sandwiched between the RoA and the HM show building. Huge expense, but could be possible.

imagineer boy

Liberty Square just has some of the best theming in all of WDW, and I'd hate to see it ruined with Nick Cage's face and horrible acting skills plastered all over it. :lol:

Agreed actually. :lol: Liberty Square is also a period dated land and I'd hate to see modern day national treasure themeing all over the place.

Lee

Adventurer
A KP style activity will not work, and is not going in Liberty Square. Not enough room to have decent capacity, and not enough different locations for the missions.

Fuji...died long ago.

Pixar Place is expected to expand into that area, with the playground being it's outer limit in that direction. (Discussed long ago...I even posted an areal photo marking the expansion zone.)
LMA into Cars...no.

EPCOT Explorer

A KP style activity will not work, and is not going in Liberty Square. Not enough room to have decent capacity, and not enough different locations for the missions.

Fuji...died long ago.

Pixar Place is expected to expand into that area, with the playground being it's outer limit in that direction. (Discussed long ago...I even posted an areal photo marking the expansion zone.)
LMA into Cars...no.

Would you mind posting it again? I'd like to see it...

GothMickey

Fuji...died long ago.

LMA into Cars...no.

I figured LS to be too small, but, what about using the entire MK for a KP style activity? You could have 1 or 2 missions per land. And each land will have a mascot that fits that land help you in the missions.

LIBERTY SQUARE: Could be Tom Gates, or preferrably someone who was alive during the time period.

ADVENTURELAND: Indiana Jones

FRONTIERLAND: Davey Crockett or Tom Sawyer

FANTASYLAND: King Arthur, Mr. Toad, or maybe the mice from The Rescuers

TOMORROWLAND: Tom Morrow, Timekeeper, 9-Eye, Buzz Lightyear

TOONTOWN: Mickey since it is his land

These characters interact with you through the communicator. I am sure Disney can fit the stations to blend in nicely since they pulled it off in World Showcase with KP.

jt04

I figured LS to be too small, but, what about using the entire MK for a KP style activity? You could have 1 or 2 missions per land. And each land will have a mascot that fits that land help you in the missions.

LIBERTY SQUARE: Could be Tom Gates, or preferrably someone who was alive during the time period.

ADVENTURELAND: Indiana Jones

FRONTIERLAND: Davey Crockett or Tom Sawyer

FANTASYLAND: King Arthur, Mr. Toad, or maybe the mice from The Rescuers

TOMORROWLAND: Tom Morrow, Timekeeper, 9-Eye, Buzz Lightyear

TOONTOWN: Mickey since it is his land

These characters interact with you through the communicator. I am sure Disney can fit the stations to blend in nicely since they pulled it off in World Showcase with KP.

Nice. Love to see an Animal Kingdom version too.

Lee

Adventurer
Would you mind posting it again? I'd like to see it...

This isn't the best one, but since I'm at work I have to use what's in my album.
Basically, this is a rough look at what is available and potentially in play for Pixar Place, based on some conversations I have had.
studioair.JPG

jt04

This isn't the best one, but since I'm at work I have to use what's in my album.
Basically, this is a rough look at what is available and potentially in play for Pixar Place, based on some conversations I have had.
studioair.JPG

You can't imagine how much I hope you are right!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom