More Rumours From Jim Hill

GothMickey

You should hear some of the ideas I have for this. Each building could be themed to a different environment you are familiar with from the movies. Including the Death Star building. Even Hoth possibly. They would be kinda like FW pavilions but again entirely enclosed with shops, eateries and attractions themed to the particular environment.

I wish they would give an entire land to Star Wars. Yes, it could be awesome.

EPCOT Explorer

This isn't the best one, but since I'm at work I have to use what's in my album.
Basically, this is a rough look at what is available and potentially in play for Pixar Place, based on some conversations I have had.
studioair.JPG
Sheesh! Extend Pixar Place out that much...You might as well rename the park..:lookaroun I wouldn't mind, if it meant getting Pixar out of the others parks.
Personally, I'd rather see them start expaning the park.. It's so small, and gets overwhelmed with crowds quickly.... Zero entry (you can't tell you're going over bridges) brides over Studios Dr into the large expanse of land would work perfectly! Check it out:

3591771083_5a7865ff9f_o.gif
That would be quite epic as well...Didn't know they had this much room!

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Imagine if when you exited your Star Tours vehicle that has just brought you to a destination you were given an option. Either exiting back to the Studios or continuing your Star Wars adventure. The second option would allow you to jump on a vehicle (flat roller coaster track) that transports you through a long enclosed tunnel to a series of connected but entirely enclosed "warehouse" style buildings placed in the area you show on the map. So the Star Wars buildings would be fully imagined indoor attractions (little or no money would need to be spent on exterior theming). You would be indoors the entire time until returning to the DHS side.

My mind boggles at what they could create, including an attached Star Wars themed Hotel/Resort that could be accessed from the Pop Century side but would also connect to DHS and the SW themed buildings.

And that is my Armchair musings for today. :)

:eek: Disney management should seriously think about hiring you! That is the coolest idea I've heard for DHS in a long time.

jt04

Sheesh! Extend Pixar Place out that much...You might as well rename the park..:lookaroun I wouldn't mind, if it meant getting Pixar out of the others parks.

Could it be the "nemo" ride through at The Seas was a test to see how guests received a Pixar dark ride and that you will get your wish and all Pixar stuff is headed for DHS in the long term?

jt04

:eek: Disney management should seriously think about hiring you! That is the coolest idea I've heard for DHS in a long time.

I just throw the ideas out there. If they want them they can have them.

Probably not too smart of me though :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They don`t; that land is pretty unsuitable for building on. They`ll complete Sunset and be in the parking lot before moving south; this is the park which had a plan to move parking across World Drive and build up onstage in the present parking lot remember.

imagineer boy

Personally, I'd rather see them start expaning the park.. It's so small, and gets overwhelmed with crowds quickly.... Zero entry (you can't tell you're going over bridges) brides over Studios Dr into the large expanse of land would work perfectly! Check it out:

3591771083_5a7865ff9f_o.gif

My idea has been to bring the studio apsect back into the park and that land back there would be more than enough to build several sound stages and backlots.

jt04

They don`t; that land is pretty unsuitable for building on. They`ll complete Sunset and be in the parking lot before moving south; this is the park which had a plan to move parking across World Drive and build up onstage in the present parking lot remember.

With enough fill any land in Florida can be made suitable.

I also like the idea of parking across world drive also. Very Universal-esque.

EPCOT Explorer

Ah. Shame.:( Thought it looked a bit odd...

...Any way to make the land more stable?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ah. Shame.:( Thought it looked a bit odd...

...Any way to make the land more stable?
Depends on what the problem is. As a general rule there is almost always something you can do but quite frequently the cost of fixing the land outweighs then benefit. (ie that huge patch of land between the Contemporary and the TTC.) It also depends on what you intend to build. Building a 2 story house is obviously much easier to build on unstable land than say a roller coaster.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If engineers can build islands in the sea, I think they can make that land buildable. Notwithstanding environmental policies. :brick:
And quite a few of those larger buildings are in an almost continual state of sinking. The Kansai International Airport sinks about 3-4 inches per year.

EPCOT Explorer

Depends on what the problem is. As a general rule there is almost always something you can do but quite frequently the cost of fixing the land outweighs then benefit. (ie that huge patch of land between the Contemporary and the TTC.) It also depends on what you intend to build. Building a 2 story house is obviously much easier to build on unstable land than say a roller coaster.

Well then...So somethings are possible. That's interesting.

jt04

Well then...So somethings are possible. That's interesting.

There is quite a bit of supposed unsuitable land at WDW. But if they are creative enough it can be utilized. That is why I think additional themed campgrounds should be looked at. Also, a themed golf driving range would be nice. Additional things like bike/nature trails would also work.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ah. So not TDO and Disney.:lol::rolleyes::lol:
Ehhhh probably a little of this and a little of that. The only facts that I can point to are from the aforementioned piece of land between the Contemporary and the TTC. It was cleared with the full intent of building a monorail resort there but the area suffers from a condition that I have heard termed as negative soil pressure. What that translates to is that support piles driven into the ground quite literally get sucked into the ground. Considering that this is arguably the most valuable piece of undeveloped resort property in all of WDW and nothing is planed for that area the cost to remedy the situation must be exorbitant. It is quite possible that this is not the only area is WDW that suffers from the same condition to a similar or possibly even greater degree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom