More Rumours From Jim Hill

TP2000

calling BS on these as well... Why wouldthey redo the japanese restaurants? they just did!

To be fair, it appears this thread was started by someone using years-old info that Jim Hill once posted on his website. There is no current Jim Hill discussion about any of this stuff.

Not that I have ever found Mr. Hill to be an accurate source of parks info in the first place. After his "Night Kingdom Is Coming!" series of claims and articles last year, he really backed off on trying to predict anything for the parks. I think he finally learned his lesson.

A shame that WDW doesn't have an Al Lutz type character to spill the beans regularly, as Al Lutz does so consistently for Disneyland. But Hill is no Lutz when it comes to juicy rumors or reliability, that's for sure.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
To be fair, it appears this thread was started by someone using years-old info that Jim Hill once posted on his website. There is no current Jim Hill discussion about any of this stuff.

Not that I have ever found Mr. Hill to be an accurate source of parks info in the first place. After his "Night Kingdom Is Coming!" series of claims and articles last year, he really backed off on trying to predict anything for the parks. I think he finally learned his lesson.

A shame that WDW doesn't have an Al Lutz type character to spill the beans regularly, as Al Lutz does so consistently for Disneyland. But Hill is no Lutz when it comes to juicy rumors or reliability, that's for sure.

I started this thread and this is information that is listed in the Unnoficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2009. Not saying it's accurate but people wouldn't just go putting this in a book thousands or even millions of people would read. Like I said earlier, I doubt most of it is accurate but that's why they are called rumours.

TP2000

I started this thread and this is information that is listed in the Unnoficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2009. Not saying it's accurate but people wouldn't just go putting this in a book thousands or even millions of people would read.

Ah, okay. I guess I'm just a bit confused as to why this thread is titled "More Rumors from Jim Hill" then. :)

But just because it's in a book doesn't really validate the info either, especially when the info is years old and has been discredited by actions or the release of more recent information. The book's authors were probably just trying to spice up their text, and their sales figures, by adding in some rumors they read online in 2007 as the '09 version was going to the editor. :lol:

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Ah, okay. I guess I'm just a bit confused as to why this thread is titled "More Rumors from Jim Hill" then. :)

But just because it's in a book doesn't really validate the info either, especially when the info is years old and has been discredited by actions or the release of more recent information. The book's authors were probably just trying to spice up their text, and their sales figures, by adding in some rumors they read online in 2007 as the '09 version was going to the editor. :lol:

:lol: I mainly wanted to post them so everybody could see what Jim is up to. Consequently the whole Mt. Fuji rumour is gone though.

BSikor

I love how the Mt. Fuji rumor comes up every few years. As for the Japan restaurant work, THEY JUST FINISHED THEM LAST YEAR! They better not be talking about my beloved Yakitori House. I will cut someone if they touch it.:fork:

KaliSplash

As I recall, the Matterhorn-style ride was proposed several years ago when there was talk of a Swiss pavilion coming to Epcot. I think it even made it into the press materials at one of the events.

Needless to say, never happened. Would be great from the point of view of having another ride in WS, not holding my breath, especially these days.

chipanddalefan5

I love how the Mt. Fuji rumor comes up every few years. As for the Japan restaurant work, THEY JUST FINISHED THEM LAST YEAR! They better not be talking about my beloved Yakitori House. I will cut someone if they touch it.:fork:

Someones a little violent....:lookaroun...... but i agree, they just finished them.

disneyny

I just noticed those sections in the Unofficial Guide the other day too. They were not in the 2008 edition as I have both. I wondered about their credibility as I have seen on here how people bash Jim Hill but I think they added to the book. It is always nice to have a peek into the possibilities for the future. At least it gives people something to debate....

Jasonflz

Original Poster
I just noticed those sections in the Unofficial Guide the other day too. They were not in the 2008 edition as I have both. I wondered about their credibility as I have seen on here how people bash Jim Hill but I think they added to the book. It is always nice to have a peek into the possibilities for the future. At least it gives people something to debate....

:sohappy: Thank you!

That's exactly why I posted them.

hardcard

Personally, I'd rather see them start expaning the park.. It's so small, and gets overwhelmed with crowds quickly.... Zero entry (you can't tell you're going over bridges) brides over Studios Dr into the large expanse of land would work perfectly! Check it out:

3591771083_5a7865ff9f_o.gif

Buried20KLeague

Personally, I'd rather see them start expaning the park.. It's so small, and gets overwhelmed with crowds quickly.... Zero entry (you can't tell you're going over bridges) brides over Studios Dr into the large expanse of land would work perfectly! Check it out:

Wow. There's a TON of room over there. I had no idea. If you look at RnRC's show building you can really tell how much space there is in relation.

jt04

Imagine if when you exited your Star Tours vehicle that has just brought you to a destination you were given an option. Either exiting back to the Studios or continuing your Star Wars adventure. The second option would allow you to jump on a vehicle (flat roller coaster track) that transports you through a long enclosed tunnel to a series of connected but entirely enclosed "warehouse" style buildings placed in the area you show on the map. So the Star Wars buildings would be fully imagined indoor attractions (little or no money would need to be spent on exterior theming). You would be indoors the entire time until returning to the DHS side.

My mind boggles at what they could create, including an attached Star Wars themed Hotel/Resort that could be accessed from the Pop Century side but would also connect to DHS and the SW themed buildings.

And that is my Armchair musings for today. :)

GothMickey

Imagine if when you exited your Star Tours vehicle that has just brought you to a destination you were given an option. Either exiting back to the Studios or continuing your Star Wars adventure. The second option would allow you to jump on a vehicle (flat roller coaster track) that transports you through a long enclosed tunnel to a series of connected but entirely enclosed "warehouse" style buildings placed in the area you show on the map. So the Star Wars buildings would be fully imagined indoor attractions (little or no money would need to be spent on exterior theming). You would be indoors the entire time until returning to the DHS side.

My mind boggles at what they could create, including an attached Star Wars themed Hotel/Resort that could be accessed from the Pop Century side but would also connect to DHS and the SW themed buildings.

And that is my Armchair musings for today. :)

And you don't work for WDI why?? Ohh yea.. way too creative. Give a bare bones explination and you would be hired tomorrow. :lol:

jt04

And you don't work for WDI why?? Ohh yea.. way too creative. Give a bare bones explination and you would be hired tomorrow. :lol:

You should hear some of the ideas I have for this. Each building could be themed to a different environment you are familiar with from the movies. Including the Death Star building. Even Hoth possibly. They would be kinda like FW pavilions but again entirely enclosed with shops, eateries and attractions themed to the particular environment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom