More Pictures taken from this morning

Jersey_Mouse

Thanks for the pictures and updates.

I did finally get through to my friend in St. Cloud, she said it was pretty nasty with a lot of trees down going into her development. Their house held up, but they did take some water through the kitchen ceiling from a roof vent.

Erika

My parents heard from a family friend last night in Kissimmee. She's 80 years old and lives alone, so she was pretty shaken up. Her house had a lot of damage but luckily she is ok. There's a very large tree missing out of her front yard and she has no idea where it went. There's not even a single branch left, just a hole in the grass. I can only imagine that there must be a man up the road wondering, "Where the %$& did this tree come from?!?!"

My heart aches when I think about her all alone down there. Thank God she wasn't hurt.

Erika,

hearing your story makes me think of all the older people that got impacted. In Punta Gorda there are tons of mobile homes which I am sure most of you are seeing on t.v. I still have yet to here from my friends in Port Charlotte there is little to no phone or cell service there.

stuart

That is good to hear that she was ahrite. Im sure there are going to be hundreds of elderly people on their own in similar situations. Hopefully they will all have been ahrite as well though sadly we know that wasnt always the case :(

Daddyphat808 i hope you hear from your friends soon and that they are ahrite, and the same goes to all those here who know people who were affected by the hurricane. Its good to see that most the people on this board that are in south and central florida seem to have come thru it all ahrite.

Erika

daddyphat808 said:
Erika,

hearing your story makes me think of all the older people that got impacted. In Punta Gorda there are tons of mobile homes which I am sure most of you are seeing on t.v. I still have yet to here from my friends in Port Charlotte there is little to no phone or cell service there.

I hope you hear from them soon. I am sure they are fine and just can't get through. What a mess! :(

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
well, my site may start experiencing 509 errors soon due to bandwidth issues. I'm attempting to contact my host about getting it bumped up (isnet, if you're reading this, I've used over 10 gig of transfer in the past 24 hrs!). What else, more photos coming soon.

CMTinkerBell

DAK was closed yesterday due to a lot of debris, mainly on the Safari and in Asia. The Cast Members that reported for work we soon shipped over to MK to help out over there since they were expecting a lot of people.

DonickCo

mkt said:
well, my site may start experiencing 509 errors soon due to bandwidth issues. I'm attempting to contact my host about getting it bumped up (isnet, if you're reading this, I've used over 10 gig of transfer in the past 24 hrs!). What else, more photos coming soon.

im uploading a mirror of Robs photos right now. here is the link

Mirror of hurricane photos

enjoy
-DonickCo

kal1484

Test Track is fine, except for the awning is off, however it was taken off by cast members because it started to get blown away. (note: this was told to me by a manager sat. morning)

Phosphate

*edited out*

in case anyone was interstead I believe the California Grill got moved to the 2nd floor, as there was a sign "California Grill check-in after 4pm.

Figment1986

I hope the damage gets fixed.... I have been wanting to dine their and get to see wishes from their at the same time....

Anyone have any news on this?

Phosphate

Paulcmartens just wanted to tell you I edited that out of my post, wasn't sure what it was as its been a few months since I have seen that side of the Contemporary. And didn't want to *edit*continue any unnessecary rumors as rumors are bad. Just was unsure.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
Original Poster
That's very cool of you.

I know...its so easy to freak when you see things like that, because it does look bad. I'm surprised no glass was blown in...I'll edit my jazz too, just so its really confusing for everyone! Yes!

BwanaBob

Phosphate said:
*edited out about Contemporary it was untrue and was new construction as paulcmartens stated*

P.S. in case anyone was interstead I believe the California Grill got moved to the 2nd floor, as there was a sign "California Grill check-in after 4pm.

P.S.S. Might want to *edit* this too... :D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
well.. I just checked out my site statistics for the past month.. wow

over 10k hits from all over the world (and not just the usual WDW fan countries like US, UK, Canada, Brazil, etc)... like Hong Kong, Seychelles, Russia, etc.. this is crazy.

here's my bandwidth chart for the month... notice a spike?

Attachments

• daily_usage_200408.png
    daily_usage_200408.png
    3 KB · Views: 132

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom