More Pictures taken from this morning

barnum42

mkt said:
And there's a !#$%!#$% wasp nest now on the balcony
Hey dude - if you don't want me coming anywhere near Casa MKT when I'm over, just say. No need to put those little barstewards out to guard the place! ;)

I do not envy you the whole situation at the moment, but wasps are my weakness, I really do not like them (to put it mildly). Finding wasps on top of Charley would not have me in the best frame of mind.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
it gets worse. I just looked at my chequing account. After my expenses on fuel and supplies and whatnot due to this storm, I will be eating a lot of macaroni and ramen till payday. And my cellphone will be getting cut off.

I really need to find my ATM card right now for my savings account.. grrr.

Nicole

Wow, thanks to both of you for the great pics.

I'd love to see some "after" pics of the MK. I thought it was neat to see how the signs were tied down, and the carts strapped down. I'm assuming the tie-down rings have been in the cement all along and I never noticed them before. I'll have to look for them next time.

I was reading on another internet forum (non-Disney-related) and someone is reporting that the Travel Channel announced that the spires were removed from the castle. :lol: I'm so glad to have accurate sources!!

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Actually, last night, there was no lighting on the MK castle, but there was on Space....hmm.. they could be right, that building after all is made of fiber glass.

WDWScottieBoy

Rob, thanks for the pictures and I'm glad all is well. I wish I could be down there helping clean up and help people that are suffering losses. I've seen what tornadoes can do here in the midwest, I can't even begin to think of tornadoes nonstop along with a hurricane. I hope to see more pics as the week goes on, but don't get yourself into a situation where you might get hurt, we don't need that. Stay safe!

stuart

Good to see that your all safe and thanks for sharing the pics they are great.

Just what was the problem with monorail red? nice to get a glimpse of the recovery tug.

And does anyone have any more info on AK still being closed.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
Original Poster
A.K. is closed all day today...no word about tomorrow. I honestly don't know what was wrong with Red, and neither did the mechanics out there, that's why it was being towed. Its sad that the Epcot Monorail wasn't running. Last night, they were using flashlights to check the beams! Crazy eh?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
i'm not 100% on this one, but I recall when I was a kid in PR, we wouldn't let our animals out immediatly after a hurricane since they'd do... errr.. weird things, and act very antsy. Probably for the safety of the animals and guests. I'm probably 100% off on this one though

stuart

paulcmartens said:
A.K. is closed all day today...no word about tomorrow. I honestly don't know what was wrong with Red, and neither did the mechanics out there, that's why it was being towed. Its sad that the Epcot Monorail wasn't running. Last night, they were using flashlights to check the beams! Crazy eh?

Oh well...just another Disney mystery -- for now anyway. And yeah that is a bit crazy.

peter11435

Disney has said that Animal Kingdom was closed because they did not have enough cast to staff all four parks.

paulcmartens, do you mean that red was left on the tracks for the storm and not in the roundhouse

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
Original Poster
That's interesting about a staff shortage...could be, but I saw the cast member parking lot, it was very full. Weird. And the explanation I got at the gate was that it was a mess in there.

I took those pictures this morning...I'm sure every train was in storage over night!! It was just half out of the Magic Kingdom this morning. Now, it must have worked for a little while because there was a Monorail in Contemporary, at G.F., and Poly as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom