More Fairies ... At WDW?

jt04

I don't think anyone here bought into the fairy ride coming to Fantasyland. It's not on the blueprint afterall....duh!

:D

Did I just see Green Goblin on top of the CoP? :eek: Nah, couldn't have been.:lookaroun

SirGoofy

As far as I know, Tony Baxter did the Tink/Fairies concept (would have been likely C+ or D-Ticket type) for DL to take advantage of the synergy with the Fairies franchise. So, it's beyond blue sky, but I think my source jumped to the same conclusion as Al's when they saw the art.

Okay. Hopefully it'll happen in the future.

As for the rest of F-Land's redo ... it's gonna happen ... the question remains what exactly will be getting done and what will (or already has) faced the budget axe.

Okay. As long as something happens. And Mermaid. Mermaid is a must.

And I don't know why but I feel like I have to state it, but the Marvel takeover will have no impact on what is or isn't done to F-Land.

:lol:

Probably a good disclosure for some people.

EPCOT Explorer

Anyone who believes that Marvel characeters have a place at EPCOT really need a lesson on what the park has been and continues to be. They have no place.

But why this thread has gone in that direction is a bit ridiculous ... it's like projectile vomiting since Disney's announcement.

And since I want to set the record straight (whether anyone is reading) but I have heard from a second higher placed source that the Fairies attraction is highly unlikely for WDW (and DL for that matter) ... possible down the line ... but very unlikely to happen.
We agree.:D

Shame about Fairies. I had a nice idea for what it would be like in my mind...But into better things!

As far as I know, Tony Baxter did the Tink/Fairies concept (would have been likely C+ or D-Ticket type) for DL to take advantage of the synergy with the Fairies franchise. So, it's beyond blue sky, but I think my source jumped to the same conclusion as Al's when they saw the art.

As for the rest of F-Land's redo ... it's gonna happen ... the question remains what exactly will be getting done and what will (or already has) faced the budget axe.

And I don't know why but I feel like I have to state it, but the Marvel takeover will have no impact on what is or isn't done to F-Land.

And I'm thinking/hearing sooner than later, correct? :wave:

The Conundrum

The fairies ride was a lame idea anyway. They need to save there time/money/resources/r&d budget for real rides based on REAL properties that actually deserve attractions such as the Marvel charecters.

Enough of this pixie dixie nonsense thats been going on around here.

EPCOT Explorer

The fairies ride was a lame idea anyway. They need to save there time/money/resources/r&d budget for real rides based on REAL properties that actually deserve attractions such as the Marvel charecters.

Enough of this pixie dixie nonsense thats been going on around here.

Done the right way, with AA's, screens, theming, and lavish effects...I doubt you would be saying that!:lol:

That's how I imagined it, anyway...:lol:

The Conundrum

Surprisingly Pinnochio is considered the lamest ride in Disneyland's Fantasyland (I love it though) but keep in mind that Disneyland has a REAL fantasyland with like 15 dark rides in addition to stuff like Dumbo, Storybook canal boats, casey jr., tea cups, etc.

I just thought it was wierd that stuff like Snow White rates higher than Pinnochio.

_Scar

Stromboli, Pleasure Island, Coachman..... NO THANK YOU. Talk about nightmares as a child. I prefer Simba, Jafar, Belle, and Sebastian :D

the-reason14

Surprisingly Pinnochio is considered the lamest ride in Disneyland's Fantasyland (I love it though) but keep in mind that Disneyland has a REAL fantasyland with like 15 dark rides in addition to stuff like Dumbo, Storybook canal boats, casey jr., tea cups, etc.

I just thought it was wierd that stuff like Snow White rates higher than Pinnochio.

Either way, MK's FL is pathetic compared to DL's. I was blown away with theirs when I went in July as well as many other things. I still dont understand why MK lacks so much and is so much bigger than DL.

jt04

Either way, MK's FL is pathetic compared to DL's. I was blown away with theirs when I went in July as well as many other things. I still dont understand why MK lacks so much and is so much bigger than DL.

One reason is WDW has 4 theme parks. Another is DL has been around a lot longer.

TP2000

One reason is WDW has 4 theme parks. Another is DL has been around a lot longer.

4 theme parks that barely have more rides than Anaheim's 2 theme parks combined do now. And when DCA adds five more rides in the next three years, Anaheim's 2 parks will have more rides than WDW's 4 parks. Unless WDW goes on a ride building binge and adds at least 4 rides in the next three years, the property ride count in 2012 goes in favor of Anaheim with 2 parks.

And the "been around longer" argument doesn't hold much water when you realize that at age 38, Magic Kingdom's current age, Disneyland had one fewer ride than it does today at age 54. Several Disneyland rides have closed since it was 38 years old, but additional Disneyland rides have opened up in new areas or replaced the rides that were closed to keep a fairly constant tally around 50 rides.

Disneyland is 54 years old with 51 Rides/Attractions
Magic Kingdom is 38 years old with 36 Rides/Attractions

Magic Kingdom would need to start adding one new ride per year without closing anything to catch up to Disneyland by Magic Kingdom's 54th birthday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom