More Fairies ... At WDW?

The Conundrum

How would it work? How do Super heros fit into a Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow?

They don't. The Toy Story issue, as previously said, is resolved because it's NOT TOYS. The Sci Fi universe you are in is based off of the look and feel that certain toys have. This motif is carried in it's technology, architecture, etc. How many times must I say that?

But done in conjunction with Disney....I see no problem. Nemo, yes, problem. How is that Futurism? It's like putting a super hero in EPCOT...OH, wait..:rolleyes: Donald Duck...Eh. It works, and only because he's with the 3 Cabs. But it's a fine line. The Tiki Room isn't the best attraction, but they are birds. Only real link it has, and that's why it suffers.

Yes, the most expensive and technological sound ride is pathetic. I do not get that idea at all.

Well Hulk, Spider-man, and Fantastic Four all got there powers through experiments. They can tie the technologies that are previewed at Epcot Center into the heroes origin stories or have the heroes introduce new technology (like Reed Richards and Tony Stark do in the comics.

I personally think they might as well drop the whole "exper. prototype community of tomorrow theme anyway". It's an insult to Walt Disney to take his idea of a fresh take on suburban life and slap the title onto a theme park to make a quick buck.

EPCOT Explorer

Well Hulk, Spider-man, and Fantastic Four all got there powers through experiments. They can tie the technologies that are previewed at Epcot Center into the heroes origin stories or have the heroes introduce new technology (like Reed Richards and Tony Stark do in the comics.

I personally think they might as well drop the whole "exper. prototype community of tomorrow theme anyway". It's an insult to Walt Disney to take his idea of a fresh take on suburban life and slap the title onto a theme park to make a quick buck.

No offense, on your creative work here, but that's a very weak tie-over.

As for dropping EPCOT... History and Nostalgia are the backbones of WDW and all of Disney. Pulling them away, renaming the park, infusing it with what was not created by Disney, would be ignoring this great legacy that WDW and Disney has. THAT would be doing it to make a quick buck.

I find it no great insult to Walt Disney that his idea, and even better yet, the SPIRIT of that idea lives on- in a theme park- a venue he created with Disneyland. No, it is not his Utopian city, no, it is not the showcase of industry it once was, but it is a World of Tomorrow. A world of promise and discovery, even if those pieces to the EPCOT puzzle are not all there right now.
As much as EPCOT is broken, it still works.

And if it continues to work, Walt's idea lives on. And if Walt's idea lives on, no need to convert the 3rd best (Only to MK and DL!) park in the world to something generic. Let it stay unique.

:eek: All I can really say on this. As an EPCOT Fan, it goes beyond ANY doubt in my mind that Marvel is wrong for it.

EPCOT Explorer

spiderman is on everything, though! I go into walmart and see him on a fishing rod! He's going to be at the parks too?!?!?! Nooo!!!! :lookaroun:lol:

Very good point...I feel this makes the parks way more generic, if done with a slap chop job.
.:shrug:

Done RIGHT, though...:D Heh. I could see DHS getting some cool stuff out of this.

Next Big Thing

I just can't imagine Bob Iger spending 4 billion and NOT setting up a Hulk meet and greet at Epcot.
You know why he wouldn't? b/c Marvel doesn't go with ANYTHING in EPCOT. DHS is the only park I can really see them putting anything and it will fit in quite nicely. This move isn't all about the theme parks. Sure, they are gonna set up some characters in the parks probably and maybe down the road when Universals contract expires build some rides, but there is a lot of other things that they can do with the Marvel Entertainment group and make a lot of money off besides putting things in the park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You can stop making up ridiculous claims now.:wave:

Sarcasm is a delicate, humble, and restrained affair. You lack all of these qualities.

You know why he wouldn't? b/c Marvel doesn't go with ANYTHING in EPCOT. DHS is the only park I can really see them putting anything and it will fit in quite nicely. This move isn't all about the theme parks. Sure, they are gonna set up some characters in the parks probably and maybe down the road when Universals contract expires build some rides, but there is a lot of other things that they can do with the Marvel Entertainment group and make a lot of money off besides putting things in the park.

Guys, calm down.

It's called trolling for a reason.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Anyone who believes that Marvel characeters have a place at EPCOT really need a lesson on what the park has been and continues to be. They have no place.

But why this thread has gone in that direction is a bit ridiculous ... it's like projectile vomiting since Disney's announcement.

And since I want to set the record straight (whether anyone is reading) but I have heard from a second higher placed source that the Fairies attraction is highly unlikely for WDW (and DL for that matter) ... possible down the line ... but very unlikely to happen.

SirGoofy

And since I want to set the record straight (whether anyone is reading) but I have heard from a second higher placed source that the Fairies attraction is highly unlikely for WDW (and DL for that matter) ... possible down the line ... but very unlikely to happen.

Lame.

What's up with the rest of Fland?

tirian

Anyone who believes that Marvel characeters have a place at EPCOT really need a lesson on what the park has been and continues to be. They have no place.

But why this thread has gone in that direction is a bit ridiculous ... it's like projectile vomiting since Disney's announcement.

Fairy plans for WDW FL have been shelved so many times, I forgot when they started. I do remember the concept art floating around for the old FL Skyway. That was quite pretty, but it was simply a meet-and-greet.

The D23 announcements are going to be interesting, because several sources have :zipit: zipped their mouths to avoid getting in trouble after the FL blueprints leaked online.

aladdin2007

Im reading :wave:, and agree. Interesting about the fairies attraction, kinda glad really it prob wont happen but I guess it would fit if they ever did do it. Would much rather see focus on mermaid and beauty and beast.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Lame.

What's up with the rest of Fland?

As far as I know, Tony Baxter did the Tink/Fairies concept (would have been likely C+ or D-Ticket type) for DL to take advantage of the synergy with the Fairies franchise. So, it's beyond blue sky, but I think my source jumped to the same conclusion as Al's when they saw the art.

As for the rest of F-Land's redo ... it's gonna happen ... the question remains what exactly will be getting done and what will (or already has) faced the budget axe.

And I don't know why but I feel like I have to state it, but the Marvel takeover will have no impact on what is or isn't done to F-Land.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Fairy plans for WDW FL have been shelved so many times, I forgot when they started. I do remember the concept art floating around for the old FL Skyway. That was quite pretty, but it was simply a meet-and-greet.

Yeah ... and wasn't that at least 6-7 years ago now?

The D23 announcements are going to be interesting, because several sources have :zipit: zipped their mouths to avoid getting in trouble after the FL blueprints leaked online.

You've noticed that too?:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom