More Fairies ... At WDW?

TP2000

Surprisingly Pinnochio is considered the lamest ride in Disneyland's Fantasyland (I love it though) but keep in mind that Disneyland has a REAL fantasyland with like 15 dark rides in addition to stuff like Dumbo, Storybook canal boats, casey jr., tea cups, etc.

It's not quite 15 dark rides, but Disneyland's Fantasyland has quite a few, plus Pooh in Critter Country and Roger Rabbit in Toontown. :lol:

I always enjoy doing this list comparison, as it speaks for itself

Disneyland Fantasyland - 13 Attractions

Matterhorn Bobsleds - E Ticket
It's A Small World - E Ticket
Storybook Land Canal Boats - D Ticket
Alice In Wonderland - C Ticket
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - C Ticket
Peter Pan's Flight - C Ticket
Snow White's Scary Adventures - C Ticket
Pinnochio's Daring Journey - C Ticket
Casey Jr. Circus Train - C Ticket
Dumbo - B Ticket
King Arthur Carousel - B Ticket
Mad Tea Party - B Ticket
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough - A Ticket

Magic Kingdom Fantasyland - 8 Attractions

It's A Small World - E Ticket
Mickey's Philharmagic - D Ticket
Peter Pan's Flight - C Ticket
Snow White's Scary Adventures - C Ticket
The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh - C Ticket
Dumbo - B Ticket
Cinderella's Golden Carousel - B Ticket
Mad Tea Party - B Ticket

EPCOT Explorer

I really, really want a Pinocchio ride.
I do too. We need to go to DL.:lol:
4 theme parks that barely have more rides than Anaheim's 2 theme parks combined do now. And when DCA adds five more rides in the next three years, Anaheim's 2 parks will have more rides than WDW's 4 parks. Unless WDW goes on a ride building binge and adds at least 4 rides in the next three years, the property ride count in 2012 goes in favor of Anaheim with 2 parks.

And the "been around longer" argument doesn't hold much water when you realize that at age 38, Magic Kingdom's current age, Disneyland had one fewer ride than it does today at age 54. Several Disneyland rides have closed since it was 38 years old, but additional Disneyland rides have opened up in new areas or replaced the rides that were closed to keep a fairly constant tally around 50 rides.

Disneyland is 54 years old with 51 Rides/Attractions
Magic Kingdom is 38 years old with 36 Rides/Attractions

Magic Kingdom would need to start adding one new ride per year without closing anything to catch up to Disneyland by Magic Kingdom's 54th birthday.

Gosh, I wish they would wake up, and do that...:lol:

Mr Toad

And the "been around longer" argument doesn't hold much water when you realize that at age 38, Magic Kingdom's current age, Disneyland had one fewer ride than it does today at age 54. Several Disneyland rides have closed since it was 38 years old, but additional Disneyland rides have opened up in new areas or replaced the rides that were closed to keep a fairly constant tally around 50 rides.
Maybe not to you and me and everyone else...but it's obvious that it matters to someone in charge :shrug:.

the-reason14

One reason is WDW has 4 theme parks. Another is DL has been around a lot longer.

IMo that still doesnt mean WDW's FL has to be so crappy compared to DL. Yea, its more spacious and stuff, but it is nowhere near as nice as DL's or as nice as it could/should be. MK is like the center focal point for WDW. No wonder why so many people have said the MK sucks compared to DL park.

Saraness

Faerie's for though

IDK, how off topic this is, but I thought that it went with the Disney Faeries topic. LOL. But here is some intresting info:

Recently Disney just bought rights to a book series called "Wings" which is about Faeries- except their not the cliche Tinker Bell kind, instead of having wings, they have flowers that bloom on their back. And supposedly Miley Cyrus is going to be playing the main character, Laurel. Anyway, the point is, do you think if this becomes one of the next major selling book franchises (and its getting there) do you think that this odd Faerie might join the ranks with Tinkerbell and such?

EPCOT Explorer

It is amazing.I went there everyday of the summer and never got tired of it. :D:king::lol:
I don't think it's possible to get sick of a Disney Park.:lol:
IDK, how off topic this is, but I thought that it went with the Disney Faeries topic. LOL. But here is some intresting info:

Recently Disney just bought rights to a book series called "Wings" which is about Faeries- except their not the cliche Tinker Bell kind, instead of having wings, they have flowers that bloom on their back. And supposedly Miley Cyrus is going to be playing the main character, Laurel. Anyway, the point is, do you think if this becomes one of the next major selling book franchises (and its getting there) do you think that this odd Faerie might join the ranks with Tinkerbell and such?
No offence to you, of course...but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lookaroun:lol:

elisatonks

wdw has posted auditions for new fairy today

Been doing my general job hunt today and disney auditions is now listing auditions for Terence (the dust fairy) for meet and greets at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom