More Fairies ... At WDW?

EPCOT Explorer

While I can't speak for WDW. I am going to be walking into that convention center with the biggest grin on my face.

Payday is at hand! :D

Only two things can ruin this for me: Jar Jar Binks and Jay Rasoulo

If you are Bi-Coastal, it should be a VERY nice day.

Even if you are just a West Coaster...:lol:

Have fun, take pics...You writing up a report?:wave:

jt04

Not if Captain EO is still playing you wont :D

Good point. :lol:

I feel sorry for him and in some ways he truly was a victim. But that Disney would give him the honor of being featured in one of their parks is beyond mind boggling.

I don't want to get rid of you.

I was really positive back in the late 90s then again in 2006 after the Pixar buyout. But I am tired of blindly defending Disney while they keep screwing their guests over with a poor product in the form of the parks. It's time they got to work for us and started giving us a Tokyo level experince in America. Walt would have never pulled a fast one on his own countrymen the way the modern Disney company has.

Thanks. I really believe TWDC is aware that the last thing they want is to be perceived by Floridians as being only interested in their money. Trust me, there is a line Disney does not want to cross. Because if they lose trust in the region it will be VERY difficult to recapture. It's not that I disagree with the Doomers all the time, it's just that it is too soon for that. Disney is getting dangerously close to losing that bond with locals however. But I am confident they are aware of that. We'll see.

EPCOT Explorer

Thanks. I really believe TWDC is aware that the last thing they want is to be perceived by Floridians as being only interested in their money. Trust me, there is a line Disney does not want to cross. Because if they lose trust in the region it will be VERY difficult to recapture. It's not that I disagree with the Doomers all the time, it's just that it is too soon for that. Disney is getting dangerously close to losing that bond with locals however. But I am confident they are aware of that. We'll see.

Wow, I agree in full with this.:wave:

Hopefully we are all right and D23 works some magic for itself, and the rest of Disney and it's community.:D

TalkingHead

Jt, once again it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. Many Floridians already perceive Disney to be a money-grubbing organization. Disney's gone out of their way to show they aren't serious about attracting local business.

Are you from Florida, or are you just back to speculating?

jt04

Jt, once again it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. Many Floridians already perceive Disney to be a money-grubbing organization. Disney's gone out of their way to show they aren't serious about attracting local business.

Are you from Florida, or are you just back to speculating?

Many do but it has not reached a "point of know return". It is getting close IMO.

I'm from Parts Unknown, New Mexico. I live in a double-wide just off Route 66. :cool:

jt04

To be honest...No one is going to be wrong, and no one is going to be right.

We have all been saying the same things...just in different ways.

You, have said full steam ahead to the future, everything is coming.

Others, whom you like to call "Doom and Gloomers" have said near the same things, but with a more reserved and cautious outlook. Or at least I have...becuase for all I know...anything and everything can change. We could arrive at D23 to find that nothing will be happening for us.

Just saying....:shrug::wave:

You didn't think I missed this did you?

I never said "everything" is coming and the doomers were saying nothing is pending. They were saying nothing of consequence was coming until very recently when leaks proved them wrong. The blueprint blindsided them, even though there were rumblings, and they were caught off guard by the extent of it.

So lets not engage in revisionism please.

11 Days until D23 and the truth! :sohappy:

:wave:

The Conundrum

I never said "everything" is coming and the doomers were saying nothing is pending. They were saying nothing of consequence was coming until very recently when leaks proved them wrong. The blueprint blindsided them, even though there were rumblings, and they were caught off guard by the extent of it.

Those blueprints are pure smoke & mirrors. I still don't think they are legit.

It is no more official than the Discoveryland blueprints Jim Hill had on his site back in 2003.

_Scar

I'm a Floridian and I don't view them as shunning the Floridians out. They give us some pretty good deals with residents which is a good reason for my family to go. They may not be so amazing to the citzens like maybe DLR would be (it seems like it would be over there), but right now WDW isn't ignoring Florida and they never will.

I'd be shocked if you couldn't record D23. That's my only option for viewing it! :O

jt04

Those blueprints are pure smoke & mirrors. I still don't think they are legit.

It is no more official than the Discoveryland blueprints Jim Hill had on his site back in 2003.

Even 74 says they are legit. :veryconfu

But anyway, I'm expecting a couple fairly big announcements at D23 for WDW including ST2. I'm also expecting a similar announcement closer to when Potter opens to steal some of Uni's spotlight.

So my prediction is 4 big announcements for WDW in the next year. Specific enough?

SirGoofy

So my prediction is 4 big announcements for WDW in the next year. Specific enough?

4 big ones? I think you're getting your hopes too high. I see 2 at the most in Star Tours and Fantasyland.

I don't see anything else that's gonna happen soon as "big". Except Jungle Cruise, but I mean I only think that's big for personal reasons.

jt04

4 big ones? I think you're getting your hopes too high. I see 2 at the most in Star Tours and Fantasyland.

I don't see anything else that's gonna happen soon as "big". Except Jungle Cruise, but I mean I only think that's big for personal reasons.

Here are some possibilities for 4,

ST2 (we all agree)

Possibilities (pick 2),

FL makeover
AL makeover
Tomorrowland makeover
MI coaster
JIYI v. I've lost count
AK CMM refurb

and a vision of DTD's bold new future.

_Scar

ST2 (we all agree)

Possibilities,

FL makeover
AL makeover
Tomorrowland makeover
MI coaster
JIYI v. I've lost count
AK CMM refurb

or a vision of DTD's future.

If they wanted to steal the spotlight from HP, they'd announce it at D23. They should of learned how hype helps a project since HP isn't even open and it's extremely popular. And they'd have to do something completely new and innovative for the teen/young adult audience. Probably something in DHS. From what I've read here, chances of them doing this are too slim.

SirGoofy

ST2 (we all agree)

Yea.

Possibilities (pick 2),

FL makeover

Best chance.

AL makeover

Funny, I remember you telling me I was full of it when I said there was an Adventureland plan that was giving FL some competition. But anyway, FL won out. Don't expect anything to happen in AL other than refurbs.

Tomorrowland makeover

Wouldn't count on it, but I wouldn't complain.

MI coaster

It's dead. I hate that it's dead, but it's dead.

JIYI v. I've lost count

I've lost hope. Martin says don't hold your breath, so I'm not.

AK CMM refurb

I don't think it's gonna happen.

:rolleyes:

I doubt it.

jt04

If they wanted to steal the spotlight from HP, they'd announce it at D23. They should of learned how hype helps a project since HP isn't even open and it's extremely popular. And they'd have to do something completely new and innovative for the teen/young adult audience. Probably something in DHS. From what I've read here, chances of them doing this are too slim.

Oh we have "heard" lots of things round these parts.

TP2000

ST2 (we all agree)

Possibilities (pick 2),

FL makeover
AL makeover
Tomorrowland makeover
MI coaster
JIYI v. I've lost count
AK CMM refurb

This looks fun, I'll play. My predictions for Parks announcements at D23 Expo:

Star Tours 2 (Disneyland and Walt Disney World. No brainer for 2011 in Disneyland, per Al Lutz)

Captain EO (Disneyland in January, per Al Lutz; maybe Epcot too, but not a peep about that from anyone yet)

Cars Land model/exhibit (Only for Anaheim, obviously)

New Mr. Lincoln animatronic (For Disneyland only)

Little Mermaid (For Anaheim in 2011, with possible New Fantasyland for WDW announcement)

And I think that's about it for big Parks announcements at D23 Expo. But...

They haven't said a word about displaying anything related to Little Mermaid that opens in 2011 in Anaheim, yet they've made a huge deal about the big Cars Land exhibit they are going to have and that doesn't open until 2012. So maybe that's the big secret element? They want to reveal that Little Mermaid opens in both Anaheim and Orlando in 2011, with an attached makeover for WDW's Fantasyland in the process?

Maybe a few minor items like the Hat Box Ghost coming back to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion in January, or a sneak peek at Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy opening at Disneyland September 25th. But we already knew about Ghost Galaxy, so that would just be PR fluff over any concrete news. Hat Box Ghost is just playing to the rabid fanboi community, and they know it.

Unless they go really big on the WDW Fantasyland makeover news, most of the Parks stuff at 23 Expo appears to be about Anaheim instead of Orlando.

The Conundrum

This looks fun, I'll play. My predictions for Parks announcements at D23 Expo:

Star Tours 2 (Disneyland and Walt Disney World. No brainer for 2011 in Disneyland, per Al Lutz)

Captain EO (Disneyland in January, per Al Lutz; maybe Epcot too, but not a peep about that from anyone yet)

Cars Land model/exhibit (Only for Anaheim, obviously)

New Mr. Lincoln animatronic (For Disneyland only)

Little Mermaid (For Anaheim in 2011, with possible New Fantasyland for WDW announcement)

And I think that's about it for big Parks announcements at D23 Expo. But...

They haven't said a word about displaying anything related to Little Mermaid that opens in 2011 in Anaheim, yet they've made a huge deal about the big Cars Land exhibit they are going to have and that doesn't open until 2012. So maybe that's the big secret element? They want to reveal that Little Mermaid opens in both Anaheim and Orlando in 2011, with an attached makeover for WDW's Fantasyland in the process?

Maybe a few minor items like the Hat Box Ghost coming back to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion in January, or a sneak peek at Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy opening at Disneyland September 25th. But we already knew about Ghost Galaxy, so that would just be PR fluff over any concrete news. Hat Box Ghost is just playing to the rabid fanboi community, and they know it.

Unless they go really big on the WDW Fantasyland makeover news, most of the Parks stuff at 23 Expo appears to be about Anaheim instead of Orlando.

Here are some clues

Mr.Lincoln's return will be on display but it wont be covered in the Park conference.

Carlsland and Little mermaid factor heavily into the conference

The conference will cover ALL the parks so they will be giving more details about the hong kong expansion and probably announce the new Ratatouille e-ticket for Paris's 20th. It is unclear what, if anything, will get announced for WDW.

The big surprise concerns Disney & Lucasfilm announcements :lookaroun

aladdin2007

I agree with TP2, I think the only thing WDW will see announced from the Expo is the The Little Mermaid. Im not even buying the fantasyland expansion yet except for Mermaid. Oh Star Tours redo for here also I guess, but other than those two things, looks to be all Disneyland focused. Which is great but we need a little more love for wdw. At least finish sse. :brick:

RSoxNo1

WDW1974 said he wasn't expecting Soarin' Over the World - perhaps because that probably wouldn't be done until 2012 or 2013, the announcement would be held off?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom