More Entertainment Cutbacks

SirGoofy

Out of 38 posts above I don't see any mention of the biggest cut announced: Fantasmic dropping to twice per week in a few months.

This is the one that has had me scratching my head. I understand cutting these smaller entertainment offerings, but Fantasmic! is quite possibly the best show on property, and is ALWAYS full.

Vernonpush

This is the one that has had me scratching my head. I understand cutting these smaller entertainment offerings, but Fantasmic! is quite possibly the best show on property, and is ALWAYS full.
They want people to see the American Idol Finale instead.

Disneyson 1

Some of these are not that bad, but the drummers (I guess they thought one drumming show was enough?) and Four for a Dollar were really good. It's sad to see them go.

P.S. Who's starting the SAVE FANTASMIC! thread and the respective FANTASMIC! NEEDS UPDATES! thread?

P.P.S. DeVine is still around, right?

redkoala245

Woody's Cowboy Camp was good. :) It made me get in a happy mood. I hate to see it go
Pocohantas needed to go I think. If it was your first time going to AK I recommend going there. What is now going in?

lil_saria

Another cutback:

Jay the Magician at Rose & Crown will no longer perform there. nor will Pam (I think she still does it). They will be hiring someone to do a "set" on the piano rather than whatever Pam does. Though I think the loss in the "relationship" witht he two performers will be GREATLY missed.

(Espcially on my side...Jay's a friend of my dad's)

wannabeBelle

Hi Saria, Thanks for the update. I have met Jay a few times and he is a wonderful gentleman. Is his last day the end of September as well? Belle

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
B.O.? :brick:

**looking around trying to find recession - economic growth by 3.3%..No thats not it - Jobless claims dropping the past two weeks..No that not it - I'll keep looking. If I find it I'll let you know** :hammer:

If you haven't noticed that many many Americans (and Brits, as we've read) have less disposable income and less access to credit than they did a couple years ago, and that travel costs a significant amount more than it a couple years ago, I want to live your life. Because I see/read/hear evidence of it all the time.

kimmychad

B.O.? :brick:

**looking around trying to find recession - economic growth by 3.3%..No thats not it - Jobless claims dropping the past two weeks..No that not it - I'll keep looking. If I find it I'll let you know** :hammer:

how about the recently announced unemployment rate of 6.1%, the hightest in 5 years?

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
If you haven't noticed that many many Americans (and Brits, as we've read) have less disposable income and less access to credit than they did a couple years ago, and that travel costs a significant amount more than it a couple years ago, I want to live your life. Because I see/read/hear evidence of it all the time.

how about the recently announced unemployment rate of 6.1%, the hightest in 5 years?

Over half a million jobs were lost this year alone. Almost every job industry was affected. I don't know what fantasy world you live in, but that doesn't mean the economy is good OR growing. The 3.3% growth was money spent by consumers as a result of the stimulus checks and HIGHER prices.

If you are talking about unemployment claims, you should NEVER use those as a determination of job growth (which clearly there wasn't any). You can only collect for certain amount of time, and once that time has concluded the government no longer counts you as unemployed. So if 5% of claimants were dropped (and assuming no more additional claims were filed), a report would say a 5% drop in claims...with the inference that those people found employment.

As I said above, the 3.3% increase is due MOSTLY to the stimulus checks AND higher prices. People who are gainfully employed are still spending money...but they are now paying more for everything. Business owners today don't seem to believe in the laws of supply in demand. Instead of lowering prices when demand is low, they raise prices hoping to offset the selling of less. It's a greedy world we live in. And it's our own doing.

I come to this board to read and talk about the happiest place on earth. If I wanted to discuss and read about the misery and hysteria of the liberal talking point I would go to the daily koz. Please take any further political and or "the world is coming to an end" view there. If you want to talk about Disney then I am all for a conversation.

Again and hopefully for the final time we return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Brian Noble

Talking about the future of the company necessarily involves talking about the current and future ability of the customers to pay the freight. Without people buying tickets, the parks can't continue in their current forms, and they certainly can't grow.

That said, for whatever reason, TWDC is on record as stating that attendance has been stable, and bookings for the final three months of the year are up, both compared to last year. So far, the Mouse has escaped the cuts that a lot of other industries are facing.

Bluewaves

I think are making a happy picture, no offense to anyone but as someone whos dollar is streched thin and making a huge investment in a trip to Disney is impossible for me at this point as paying my mortgage is more important.

I don't think its unrealistic for Disney to tighten the purse strings a bit and get ready for the economy to go south before it starts to really turn around again and come out on top, there is also the possibility they are saving some money in the current fiscal year so they can throw a big party for the 40th anniversary celebration.

So for anyone that says everything is great just remember there are tons of us out there who love Disney , have been there tons of times and want to go back but just can't due to rising fuel costs and the general cost of everything killing any spare cash I would have had.

So while the economy is doing well there are alot of folks out there who aren't or how are just getting by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom