More closures confirmed for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Magenta Panther

It confirms that it will stay for the near term. Long term plans can change, but at present, it stays and gets dining. It wouldn't be terribly hard to rip all that out in three years for Phase 3 if the Muppets tank.

And it would have looked pretty bad if Disney closed an attraction based on a franchise it's still trying desperately to revive. ;)

raven

I am here "Studios" right now and it's funny how the masses of people stop after TSM. It's like an invisible force keeps them from taking a step through that archway headed toward the back of the park. It's like they are already trained to not even go there knowing there's nothing back therefor another couple of years. Just makes the rest of the park more crowded though.

Not sure why they out Star Wars Launch Bay on the opposite side of the park than the actual Star Wars area. Looks extremely out of place next to Playhouse Disney. Then again, this IS IgerLand.

Longest line in the park is at Guest Services. Not surprised there.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I agree. As someone who saw episode IV in the theaters when I was a kid and has always been a huge fan (even though I,II,III were "meh") my first thoughts when I read the original SWL announcements was, "PLEASE don't focus too much on the new movies to promote them, give the best ones their due." Now it doesn't matter. All the same. Desert planet = desert planet. C3PO=C3PO. Instantly like the new characters and the strong backing of the original 3. I'm presuming a stronger Luke storyline in ep 8 which will be just as satisfying. I'll go with theming from the new movie just as well as from IV, V, VI. Little nods to the other three are ok, too LOL. Just little nods for the sake of history.
Couldn't agree more. I want to see a lot of detail and things like the pic below to help fully flesh it out.

image.jpeg

Just wish they would sell the blue milk and other small items that really say SW more and a bit less of the cheap plastic cups and popcorn buckets.

Grotto123

It's sad to see so much beloved things will go but the one thing I'm sad to see leave is studio catering co. Probably had the best food in the park, it was refreshing to have a change from your norm of burgers. Maybe they can bring it back like how Disneyland had their studio catering as a food truck

Next Big Thing

I am here "Studios" right now and it's funny how the masses of people stop after TSM. It's like an invisible force keeps them from taking a step through that archway headed toward the back of the park. It's like they are already trained to not even go there knowing there's nothing back therefor another couple of years. Just makes the rest of the park more crowded though.

Not sure why they out Star Wars Launch Bay on the opposite side of the park than the actual Star Wars area. Looks extremely out of place next to Playhouse Disney. Then again, this IS IgerLand.

Longest line in the park is at Guest Services. Not surprised there.
Launch Bay, if it was going to be anywhere, had to go there as it was the only place in the park that was safe from demo and could fit the exhibit. The entire backside where Star Tours is right now is being closed off. You can tell with every new thing they've been adding (no matter how small), they are trying to push people towards Hollywood & Sunset. In order for work to be done in a contained area (as is being done with Avatar), guest areas need to to be moved.

raven

Launch Bay, if it was going to be anywhere, had to go there as it was the only place in the park that was safe from demo and could fit the exhibit. The entire backside where Star Tours is right now is being closed off. You can tell with every new thing they've been adding (no matter how small), they are trying to push people towards Hollywood & Sunset. In order for work to be done in a contained area (as is being done with Avatar), guest areas need to to be moved.
But completely across the park from the actual Star Wars area? Couldn't they use one of the many empty buildings over there? Odd to see Storm Troopers walking around the courtyard in front of Playhouse Disney and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Also, Jedi Training meets outside of 50's Prime Time?

Just reinforces my statements about the park being an Identity Crisis park.

Next Big Thing

But completely across the park from the actual Star Wars area? Couldn't they use one of the many empty buildings over there? Odd to see Storm Troopers walking around the courtyard in front of Playhouse Disney and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Also, Jedi Training meets outside of 50's Prime Time?

Just reinforces my statements about the park being an Identity Crisis park.
Well of course it's in a state of complete identity crisis, 33% of the park will be shut down come April 2 and it's in the early stages of a complete overhaul. What do you expect, the place to be perfect?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom