Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

Jones14

I’m honestly fine with keeping FoP unique in WDW. I don’t think simulator systems should be cloned within a single resort; they need to have unique features so that guests don’t shrug and lump them all together. FoP gets called Soarin’ 2.0 enough as it is.

Now, a reskin in one of the other resorts? Go for it.

GlacierGlacier

I’m honestly fine with keeping FoP unique in WDW. I don’t think simulator systems should be cloned within a single resort; they need to have unique features so that guests don’t shrug and lump them all together. FoP gets called Soarin’ 2.0 enough as it is.

Now, a reskin in one of the other resorts? Go for it.
FoP has impacted Soarin's wait time quite a bit already. I feel as well that another FoP ride system in orlando would ruin the value of that ride. Then you end up with the "Every ride feels like it is the same" issue that I've heard about Universal Orlando.

KrazyKat

Wish they could occasionally swap the California version from time to time
But....
1B669493-369D-4734-A650-1039D5ADFF51.jpeg

TJJohn12

OK, it's popped up in another thread now too. So I just need to lay this question down somewhere, and this is the better place.

Why does *everyone* seem to be enthrawled by the idea of a Monsters Inc. land above any other option - it just keeps surfacing again and again. I don't get the fascination, nor the fit for that location of this concept over any other ideas - particularly because going too vertical to make a city here would destroy some careful sight lines.

I've seen Monsters Inc. once - meh.
Skipped Monsters U because meh.
Rode Mike & Sulley in DCA once - meh.
I've not been into MILF but once when I was a kid because - meh.

I get different strokes and all, but I just don't understand the single minded fixation on this particular option over any others, aside from maybe that they could clone Hide and Go Seek. From what I've seen it's an impressive ride, but seems redundant so close to TSMM.

Up, Zootopia, & Inside Out all out-grossed them both, and this footprint seems just as usable for any of those worlds as well (though not as much Zootopia because of the vertical issues too). Roger Rabbit - which I know has Amblin issues - would be just as good a fit for the area and has another off-the-shelf ride to clone and save cash to boot.

I just don't get it. Can someone explain some of the mystique?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
OK, it's popped up in another thread now too. So I just need to lay this question down somewhere, and this is the better place.

Why does *everyone* seem to be enthrawled by the idea of a Monsters Inc. land above any other option - it just keeps surfacing again and again. I don't get the fascination, nor the fit for that location of this concept over any other ideas - particularly because going too vertical to make a city here would destroy some careful sight lines.

I get different strokes and all, but I just don't understand the single minded fixation on this particular option over any others, aside from maybe that they could clone Hide and Go Seek. From what I've seen it's an impressive ride, but seems redundant so close to TSMM.

Up, Zootopia, & Inside Out all out-grossed them both, and this footprint seems just as usable for any of those worlds as well (though not as much Zootopia because of the vertical issues too). Roger Rabbit - which I know has Amblin issues - would be just as good a fit for the area and has another off-the-shelf ride to clone and save cash to boot.

Because Jim Hill keeps alive the idea that Monstropolis will be coming and park goers are hungry for something new, especially for DHS. So, they'll gladly take a named and known land now in place of a unnamed and unknown better land in the future.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Not above any other option. For myself, certainly above Toy Story.

Plus remember we could’ve gotten the MI Coaster and a version of Radiator Springs Racers. Now that would have been impressive.

TJJohn12

Because Jim Hill keeps alive the idea that Monstropolis will be coming and park goers are hungry for something new, especially for DHS. So, they'll gladly take a named and known land now in place of a unnamed and unknown better land in the future.

Plus remember we could’ve gotten the MI Coaster and a version of Radiator Springs Racers. Now that would have been impressive.

OK, these both make sense. The fact it's just an expression of hunger for new content, and latching on to the little bits that were dangled. It's not necessarily the IP, but the desire for something, anything.

CrescentLake

Were these the rumored "Phase 3/4" plans when we initially heard of the DHS re-do?

Does this mean that we're getting TSL, Star Wars, Mickey, and thats it for DHS? Surely the brass knows that the park won't be able to handle the crowds with just those additions...right?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Were these the rumored "Phase 3/4" plans when we initially heard of the DHS re-do?

Does this mean that we're getting TSL, Star Wars, Mickey, and thats it for DHS? Surely the brass knows that the park won't be able to handle the crowds with just those additions...right?

There's only so many billion in profits the parks produce to throw around to fund all the new lands almost every single park in the world is getting.

Extra phases are gone. One new unannounced ride might be in the works for DHS as well as a replacement show.

Cody5294

Was there ever plan to have both RSR and Star Wars Land at HS?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom