Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

Jones14

WDW 133 attractions? That's 33 attractions per park.

That seems waaaay off.
Epcot pulls a lot more weight than you'd think because of the various walkthroughs and galleries in World Showcase. Animal Kingdom gets a boost from the trails, too. Surprisingly, those numbers don't include the shows, which are almost completely powering DHS right now, and which would be more worthy of the term 'attraction' to me than things like the Bakery Tour at DCA and the American Heritage Gallery at Epcot. I'll have to sit down one day and make the count using my parameters.

When you limit the number to rides, DL currently leads the pack, with 51 to WDW's 47. After the summer, though, they'll be dead even, as WDW will gain two and DL will lose four, gain two back (Bugs Land and Pixar Pier). Then, in 2019, WDW inches ahead, gaining Mickey alongside Galaxy's Edge.

Timothy_Q

I think that's the 'attractions' marked on the MDE map. This is much, much more than what any reasonable person would struggle to think of as an attraction.

Epcot pulls a lot more weight than you'd think because of the various walkthroughs and galleries in World Showcase. Animal Kingdom gets a boost from the trails, too. Surprisingly, those numbers don't include the shows, which are almost completely powering DHS right now, and which would be more worthy of the term 'attraction' to me than things like the Bakery Tour at DCA and the American Heritage Gallery at Epcot. I'll have to sit down one day and make the count using my parameters.

When you limit the number to rides, DL currently leads the pack, with 51 to WDW's 47. After the summer, though, they'll be dead even, as WDW will gain two and DL will lose four, gain two back (Bugs Land and Pixar Pier). Then, in 2019, WDW inches ahead, gaining Mickey alongside Galaxy's Edge.

I'm guessing that includes "Disney Butterflies", "Disney Lions", etc, on top of counting the trails individually as well lol

LukeS7

I think that's the 'attractions' marked on the MDE map. This is much, much more than what any reasonable person would struggle to think of as an attraction.
Being generous on both fronts, I used the filters on their respective websites and eliminated duplicates/overlays as well as ones that I feel most here would not count (individual animals at AK, Kidcot stops, etc.). These figures exclude stage shows:

WDW
- MK: 40
- Epcot: 24
- DHS: 10 (if you include Toy Story Land and Path of the Jedi)
- AK: 15
- Total: 89

DL
- DL: 45
- DCA: 27
- Total: 72

Movielover

Wow, DHS is still going to be massively behind even after galaxies edge opens
That is really subjective when you consider that DHS will have the most immersive land ever built by the company, a new original one of a kind Mickey ride, plus the 2 most intense thrill rides of the resort (TOT, RNRC), and arguably 2 more of the resort's best rides (star Tours, Toy Story MM). Then add in 5 show experiences that are still as popular as ever (Indy, Muppets, Mermaid, Beast, Jedi) and round it out with a all new family area featuring two additional rides, one a pretty substantial family roller coaster and you have frankly a very well rounded park with the chance for continued future expansion.

Last edited:

P_Radden

That is really subjective when you consider that DHS will have the most immersive land ever built by the company, a new original one of a kind Mickey ride, plus the 2 most intense thrill rides of the resort, and arguably 2 more of the resort's best rides (star Tours, Toy Story MM). Then add in 5 show experiences that are still as popular as ever (Indy, Muppets, Mermaid, Beast, Jedi) and round it out with a all new family area featuring two additional rides, one a pretty substantial family roller coaster and you have frankly a very well rounded park with the chance for continued future expansion.
What 2 attractions are you referring to?

P_Radden

Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster
Thanks. I agree with ToT, but anything after that is pretty close. M:S and RnRC are probably tied for 2nd place for thrill intensity imo. Subjective I know.. But back to the topic. You make good points about everything that will be available at DHS after 2020, but it still needs a little more IMO. At least one more additional quality family attraction or even a mini land. Something new for Animation Courtyard/ west sunset expansion area.

orky8

That is really subjective when you consider that DHS will have the most immersive land ever built by the company, a new original one of a kind Mickey ride, plus the 2 most intense thrill rides of the resort (TOT, RNRC), and arguably 2 more of the resort's best rides (star Tours, Toy Story MM). Then add in 5 show experiences that are still as popular as ever (Indy, Muppets, Mermaid, Beast, Jedi) and round it out with a all new family area featuring two additional rides, one a pretty substantial family roller coaster and you have frankly a very well rounded park with the chance for continued future expansion.
It was actually pretty objective. Simple math.

mikejs78

Premium Member
And...
Evening shows at DAK and DHS.
Updated Illuminations.
Newest and hopefully best nighttime parade for the 50th.
TRON Racers.
Mission Space upgrade.
Extra tracks for Soarin & TSM
More new hotel rooms than DL is getting
Updated Disney Springs
Lots of transportation infrastructure upgrades (gondola, new monorail, dedicated bus lanes)
New Cirque show
Shhhh.. That doesn't fit the narrative.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Thanks. I agree with ToT, but anything after that is pretty close. M:S and RnRC are probably tied for 2nd place for thrill intensity imo. Subjective I know.. But back to the topic. You make good points about everything that will be available at DHS after 2020, but it still needs a little more IMO. At least one more additional quality family attraction or even a mini land. Something new for Animation Courtyard/ west sunset expansion area.
Well, there's the rumored possible new E-ticket ride using Shanghai Pirates tech, possibly Indy or something else...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom