Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

cheezbat

You're right, of course. But we're talking about The Robert Iger Company. Lowered expectations, remember?
Paris is getting 3 new lands, A crap ton of work is being done to expand Hong Kong(and they've plussed one of the projects!), and Disneyland keeps getting stuff so why not throw more attractions at the real moneymaker? We all know WDW makes half of all of the money Disney parks and resorts takes in, it only makes sense to keep the juggernaut rolling.

But of course you're right, we're just supposed to be happy with the stuff we're already getting.🙁

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Paris is getting 3 new lands, A crap ton of work is being done to expand Hong Kong(and they've plussed one of the projects!), and Disneyland keeps getting stuff so why not throw more attractions at the real moneymaker? We all know WDW makes half of all of the money Disney parks and resorts takes in, it only makes sense to keep the juggernaut rolling.

But of course you're right, we're just supposed to be happy with the stuff we're already getting.🙁

The real difference there is that Hong Kong and Paris have struggled and the investment is 100% necessary...while people flood Orlando with no investment.

I honestly think Disneyland is getting work because iger can do his mandatory appearances/corporate functions there and doesn’t have to leave the local proximity of his tanning booth.

Timothy_Q

Disneyland keeps getting stuff so why not throw more attractions at the real moneymaker?
We are getting a lot more new stuff than Disneyland.

Disneyland:
Mission Breakout
Galaxy’s Edge
Pixar Pier (hardly anything new)
Unspecified Marvel expansion

Disney World:
Pandora
Toy Story Land
Galaxy’s Edge
Mickey
Tron
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ratatouille
Space Restaurant
Star Wars Hotel
Brazil? UK? Indy? Stitch? WoL? Dinoland?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Disneyland:
Mission Breakout
Galaxy’s Edge

Disney World:
Pandora
Toy Story Land
Galaxy’s Edge
Mickey
Tron
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ratatouille
Space Restaurant
Star Wars Hotel

And...
Evening shows at DAK and DHS.
Updated Illuminations.
Newest and hopefully best nighttime parade for the 50th.
TRON Racers.
Mission Space upgrade.
Extra tracks for Soarin & TSM
More new hotel rooms than DL is getting
Updated Disney Springs
Lots of transportation infrastructure upgrades (gondola, new monorail, dedicated bus lanes)
New Cirque show

Skibum1970

And...
Evening shows at DAK and DHS.
Updated Illuminations.
Newest and hopefully best nighttime parade for the 50th.
TRON Racers.
Mission Space upgrade.
Extra tracks for Soarin & TSM
More new hotel rooms than DL is getting
Updated Disney Springs
Lots of transportation infrastructure upgrades (gondola, new monorail, dedicated bus lanes)
New Cirque show

I would also argue that the Mission Breakout at DCA was an overlay. If we're counting that, we could then count Frozen. One thing that I hope is that they don't go dormant on investments. New rides each year is too much to ask. I would think that one new ride per park either every five years or decade would keep the parks fresh. Not simply overlays, either.

cheezbat

Disneyland:
Mission Breakout
Galaxy’s Edge

Disney World:
Pandora
Toy Story Land
Galaxy’s Edge
Mickey
Tron
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ratatouille
Space Restaurant
Star Wars Hotel
We should be getting four times what Disneyland is getting. After the near decade of neglect to the parks and the amount of money WDW makes, it only makes sense to bulk up the parks with tons of new stuff.

Sorry I'm selfish. WDW is the biggest and USED to be the best. I want it to be the crown jewel it once was again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom