Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
...and a lake. Water features, when done right, can completely change a park for the better IMO. I've never been but I think WDSP would be a really solid park after these additions, maybe even raising it higher than DCA?
It could potentially be on a par with DCA. One big factor would be extending park hours consistently and following through with an evening show.

Indy_UK

Disney studios Paris is a terrible park but I do think that the investment it's getting is going to to a total 180 on it and potentially make it one of the best parks

Jones14

But...that is just bringing it up to speed from 10 years of nothing...and the crowds are larger.

So the net gain isn’t that high. Nobody should be holding bread and circuses for bob.
No, it's not that high, but there is a gain. For the first time in two decades, they're making a real effort to catch up with their own popularity.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No, it's not that high, but there is a gain. For the first time in two decades, they're making a real effort to catch up with their own popularity.

No argument...I tend to be pragmatic about this: if iger retires (likely) and nothing gets built between 2021 and 2030...we’ll be farther behind. They only way the “lists” work is if they continue to grow...sure things like country pavilions in EPCOT 😳

Jones14

No argument...I tend to be pragmatic about this: if iger retires (likely) and nothing gets built between 2021 and 2030...we’ll be farther behind. They only way the “lists” work is if they continue to grow...sure things like country pavilions in EPCOT 😳
Oh, there’s certainly still room to fall behind. That will always be the case, though. After next year’s D23, we’ll be worried about if anything’s coming after 2023, and after the next one, 2025, and so on.

With that in mind, we’ve already got a couple of hints about what may be coming (mostly to Epcot), and this far out, that’s all we can really expect. Even Disney doesn’t reach beyond five years out for park announcements, and we’re getting quite a few new toys in the meantime.

Magenta Panther

2 times. Disneyland has 2 parks

And they are, as you can see by my list and what @MisterPenguin added.

Okay, but NONE of those things motivate me to spend the hundreds if not thousands of dollars it would take to revisit WDW.

The Mickey ride might. If it surprises me the way the Frozen ride did. Both in are awful locations, but a spark of creativity lives in Frozen, so I hope the same for Mickey.

A Lion King or Jungle Book or a Mary Poppins (based on the original film, not the Streep-infested sequel) might motivate me as well.

But otherwise, meh. I'd rather visit Universal.

cheezbat

2 times. Disneyland has 2 parks

And they are, as you can see by my list and what @MisterPenguin added.
You miss my point. I know that Disneyland has two parks. I know that WDW has four. My rationale was based on the amount of money each resort brings in...and WDW brings in FAR more than double what Disneyland does, which is why I suggested them getting four times the love.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You miss my point. I know that Disneyland has two parks. I know that WDW has four. My rationale was based on the amount of money each resort brings in...and WDW brings in FAR more than double what Disneyland does, which is why I suggested them getting four times the love.

Their plan is to bring in more money by charging vastly more for mostly the same stuff...

In that plan, and we dopes are making it succeed, investment is largely an afterthought.

cheezbat

Their plan is to bring in more money by charging vastly more for mostly the same stuff...

In that plan, and we dopes are making it succeed, investment is largely an afterthought.
Truth.

But...It also helps that not only does WDW have 4 theme parks, but 2 waterparks, a much larger Disney shopping area, 20-plus hotels vs Disneyland's 3, golfing, and all kinds of other extra expenses that none of the other resorts are able to make money off of.

Because of it being THE vacation capital of the world, I EXPECT more from Disney at WDW than what we oftentimes get.

Indy_UK

I get Disneyland is the original but my lord they have never cracked California Adventure have they? They do seem to throw some serious money at Disneyland

SuperStretccch

I get Disneyland is the original but my lord they have never cracked California Adventure have they? They do seem to throw some serious money at Disneyland

Umm... the billion-dollar renovation that spanned five years? The upcoming Marvel land? Pixar Pier (even though it kind ofmsucks)? Or are you referring to something else? They've spent loads of cash turning that park around from the dumpster fire it was when it opened.

Luigi

And...
Evening shows at DAK and DHS.
Updated Illuminations.
Newest and hopefully best nighttime parade for the 50th.
TRON Racers.
Mission Space upgrade.
Extra tracks for Soarin & TSM
More new hotel rooms than DL is getting
Updated Disney Springs
Lots of transportation infrastructure upgrades (gondola, new monorail, dedicated bus lanes)
New Cirque show

Stop with the facts...you are ruining the narrative! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom