Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster
I know this rumor has been awhile for awhile but thought I'd post the link when I saw that it was new information regarding it. I agree something relating to The Incredibles would be awesome, I remember reading a rumor somewhere that the TTA was going to be re-themed to the Pods from the movie, which would be a cool idea for Studios (NOT Tomorrowland!!)! There's alot of space back behind TSMM if they do away with the backlot tours and there are so many PIXAR movies to choose from to build in that area. I personally would love to see Crush's Coaster from DLRP and something relating to CARS maybe something also like DLRPs'.

abreadcrumboi

it sounds like that if this somes true, then this section of disneys hollywood studios will be like a pixar version of fantasyland. i think that this will be good considering that this is the new age of disney .. and it will give hollywood studios new rides

echoreyn

I'll say here what I say everytime this rumor surfaces: Please let it be true! This Monsters Inc. coaster/dark ride needs to be a reality! The boulevard idea sounds pretty cool, too.

wedenterprises

I can confirm that Pixar Place has been planned - at one point at least - to be much more than Midway Mania, and yes, the MI world would play a huge role in that. The "boulevard" would be at the end of pixar place, branching off to the right as you walk down it (so...that makes it..north?).

The best part of this article, however, is that they want to hire more young Imagineers. Hopefully not just to replace the older people, but to actually get mentored by them first.

I gotta say, the only Pixar movies I want to see turned into environments are the worlds of Radiator Springs and Paris/Gusteau's in Ratatouille. I just don't find many of Pixars film's environments that rich. Toy Story, Bug's Life, MI and especially the Incredibles seem so cold. As good as the movies are, I just don't think they translate well into an immersive storytelling environment.

ie) Midway Mania should really just be a big bedroom, with the cue in a wide open room acting as Andy's room, perhaps the cue winds around toys left in his room, then finally through a box left under his bed. Not just paintings on the wall, but real, 3D beds and shelves like 20 ft high. The random toy stuff in DHS just looks cheesy compared to what the world of the film actually could deliver. I know the DHS cue and loading area are kinda close on this...but it could have been done so much more effectively in terms of putting us in the TS world as opposed to a general "size of a toy".

Ratatouille has such a rich environment, I hope we get to see something done based it one day, even a restaurant would be great...it would make the most sense for sure.

Wall-E looks to have a pretty rich environment, then again it's a world full of trash! hmm...

Radiator Springs feels so warm and translates so perfectly into a theme park setting...I mean, there's neon!! nighttime in DCA is going to be so amazing one day, what with the new fireworks show too.

This could be very exciting. I do imagine that if this turns out to be in the works, the location will be connected to Pixar Place. Perhaps on the street on the backside of Toy Story Mania, where the rumored soon to be gone Backlot Tour currently sits.

What excites me about this idea is that following this logic Pixar Place could become like a full mini-Pixar Studios where the characters from each movie are busting out of their respective Soundstages and Studios.

Also, with Monsters, Inc. in the Studios, imagine Monstropolis Studios with a door scene inverted dark ride, Harryhausen's Restaurant, and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor or some other show with the Mike and Sulley and the rest of the gang paying tribute to the monster movies of old. Finally a playful way to bring in a touch of the scary. This could be very useful if the rumors of a Halloween celebration come true.

Just my thoughts. Hopefully more news will be coming shortly about the development of Pixar Place.

Thats a cool idea, DHS would be a great place for Halloween event.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd really love to see a coaster themed to the EAC. Though figuring out placement for that on top of this, I guess I can wait. But hey, a fan can dream right?
They got one dude, and it totally rocks!! :D

But it looks like a clone of WDSP Crush's Coaster isn`t top of the list theme-wise. At the mo.

jt04

Well originally no one thought the Studios was gonna be as great (speaking loosely lol) a park as it is now. It was built really small and expanded over time taking the space that was available hence the weird layout it has.

But to the matter at hand, I think this is a great idea. I agree with all of you who say why name it "Pixar Place" with only one one movie franchise in the area. Having it as a land with "mini lands" would be fantastic. I hope they do make this happen and hopefully they will decide to bring laugh floor there and return Tomorrowland to it's previous glory:drevil:. On a side note, I'd really love to see a coaster themed to the EAC. Though figuring out placement for that on top of this, I guess I can wait. But hey, a fan can dream right?

The "weird layout" of the Studios is becoming one of it's best assets. I know it wasn't planned that way but it really sets this park apart from any other and I am encouraged that they seem to be adding to the "mini lands" theme. Not only that but they are adding small details everywhere from landscaping to new sets. I really think this park will eventually be as attractive to visitors as any of the others with the possible exception of the MK. It is becoming a GREAT destination.

Kman101

I think the park is finally getting some much needed attention and I couldn't be happier. I've always REALLY appreciated this park.

I mean, let's look at what's going on: a brand new name (Disney's Hollywood Studios), Two brand new attractions, both boldly different (Toy Story Mania! and American Idol), A "brand new" (to Florida) parade (Block Party Bash), a new mini land/area that's pretty greatly themed (Pixar Place), the refurbishment of the Backlot Theatre (although only for use for special events) as well as hopeful updates to Star Tours and eventually (hopefully) the Great Movie Ride. I mean, heck, even LMA isn't tht bad (although seeing it once is, IMO, enough ... it drags on way too long).

I still say turn the play area themed to HISTK into a Bugs Land and turn the Backlot tour into a new major attraction, refurb GMR and ST, add a "wild mouse" coaster ala Crush's Coaster, and the park will be one heck of a place to visit again.

jt04

I just reread the OP and I have to say that everyone made the asumption when MI was released that Disney had already made a decision to add a ride with "flying doors". I just never believed it. So anytime I see a story about a ride with "flying doors" I become very doubtful of the rumor. I can see them building a MI ride of some sort but I doubt the credibility of the OP or the "source". Highly doubt it.

darthjohnny

I just reread the OP and I have to say that everyone made the asumption when MI was released that Disney had already made a decision to add a ride with "flying doors". I just never believed it. So anytime I see a story about a ride with "flying doors" I become very doubtful of the rumor. I can see them building a MI ride of some sort but I doubt the credibility of the OP or the "source". Highly doubt it.

I don't know if everyone assumed Disney was going to do this, but I know a lot of people did want a ride like that.

I mean, it's an obvious perfect ride based off of that film. I too question whether Disney would do it just because it keeps getting mentioned by the fans over and over again, but it would be fun nonetheless.

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster

I don't think "everyone" that saw Monsters, Inc. made the assumption that Disney had already made a decision to add a ride with flying doors...as you said. Some of us were simply saying that when you see that particular scene in the movie it looks like it could be turned into an awesome ride :shrug: Not sure your point on that, maybe I miss understood.

But with that said, I don't know the validity of the rumor nor do I know the credibility of the source that the link goes to. Does anyone know if that particular site has been accurate in the past??

kcw

and I thought I was the only one who is pulling for an Incredibles themed ride! In my mind I've got an entire scenario and plot that incorporates the Incredibles themselves- though I know the logistics and liabilities involved with trying to put live people anywhere other than strapped inside a ride vehicle would be ridiculous... I can dream though!

NewfieFan

I LOVE the sound of this idea - not getting too excited though, I know it's only a rumor at this point! I personally don't have a problem with the "Pixar invasion" (as some of you like to call it). Disney/Pixar has some great movies and some great franchises - why wouldn't we want these rides added to our beloved parks!?!:shrug:

I understand why they aren't doing a Ratatouille themed coaster/attraction... that's if new additions are being based on franchises (although I would love to see a Ratatouille themed restaurant, as some of you have already mentioned). But is Monsters Inc. considered a franchise - I guess it is, if this rumor is true!?! What I don't understand is why we're (WDW) not getting a piece of the Cars craze! Cars is definitely a franchise and it's merchandise is still flying off the shelves. Why isn't there a Cars attraction slated for WDW (DHS)? Maybe I'm biased but I loved Cars, thought is was a great movie - and has someone already mentioned... it has such a rich enviroment that could be "reproduced" in a theme park. I can just imagine Radiator Springs now!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom