Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

MerlinTheGoat

Not serious...or at least not accurate.
The ride, along with the rest of the DHS makeover, is still sitting on yellow while they figure out exactly what to do and how much to spend.
Ugh, too bad. Hope it gets greenlit with a decent budget soon, but i'm not holding my breath.

There's a lot of potential to do this ride both right and wrong. If it's just a coaster through the Monsters Inc door warehouse then I think it would be disappointing (there's really not much to look at in that regard). But if they get creative with a ton of the different monsters and going through different parts of Monstropolis as a whole, as well as zipping in and out through various kids' closets (basically showing bedrooms from all around the world like they did in the movie), then it could be really awesome.

evilzorac

The ride, along with the rest of the DHS makeover, is still sitting on yellow while they figure out exactly what to do and how much to spend.

So most likely a fastpass+ Monster's themed bathroom where little kids will constantly bang on the door of your stall while you are trying to do your business.

doctornick

(bolding is my emphasis)
So, it wont happen.

I think the "how much to spend" probably has more to do with what Cars Land will look like than the Monsters Inc coaster. TDO is probably trying to cut the budget ("value engineer") for Cars Land specifically, so we've heard. I think the door coaster is probably included in any plan and is relatively unchanged no matter what especially since the building to house it already exists. I think the entire Pixar Place expansion though will be greenlit in total, so all the details have to be worked out first before any part gets approved.

But I'm no insider, just going with what I see on these boards.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Feel free to offer our assistance in figuring it out. There's a bunch of us here who'd be happy to join meeting to help them make up their minds. :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm sorry for my sarcasm, I thought the 110% would make it evident.

87.32% of what I say in RL is sarcastic. However, through hard experience, I've learned that "subtle" sarcasm doesn't work on the interwebz, probably because the reader can't hear or see you. I've also learned that in RL sarcasm can be missed and create problems. The mom of one of my friends never gets sarcasm and will say, "Are you engaging in lying talk again?" That always cracks me up.

WDWFREAK53

Disney has my permission to demolish and replace everything aside from Tower of Terror, the facade of the Great Movie Ride, Muppets, Toy Story, and Star Tours.

While I like the Rock n Rollercoaster, I wouldn't be upset if they either converted it to something else or replaced it.
Muppets needs a new attraction but I put it up on that "don't touch" list because I think the Muppets should be expanded, not replaced.
Great Movie ride needs a HUGE update. Not necessarily the actual ride, but better animatronics would work wonders.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Great Movie ride needs a HUGE update. Not necessarily the actual ride, but better animatronics would work wonders.

Agreed. I wish the giant, water spinny cake thing with the dancers on it actually worked again. It's been down much longer than the Yeti (however, if some bigwig reads this, don't use this as an excuse not to fix the Squatch).

Gonzo79

Ugh, too bad. Hope it gets greenlit with a decent budget soon, but i'm not holding my breath.

There's a lot of potential to do this ride both right and wrong. If it's just a coaster through the Monsters Inc door warehouse then I think it would be disappointing (there's really not much to look at in that regard). But if they get creative with a ton of the different monsters and going through different parts of Monstropolis as a whole, as well as zipping in and out through various kids' closets (basically showing bedrooms from all around the world like they did in the movie), then it could be really awesome.

This is kinda how I thought the ride should be like after I first heard about it. I pictured it kinda being like The Mummy ride at Universal. The ride would start out like your basic dark ride through show scenes. Then it would turn into a thrill ride at the door scene, and go back into a dark ride for the end. I think that would be a pretty cool way of doing it.

awoogala

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=301767&highlight=Missing20K

I posted about The Economist's article in which Iger does state just that, so you are right. Apparently, Monsters, Inc. is indeed a franchise, which leads me to believe that they are serious about using "franchises" to drive park development. Now I can only hope they use their biggest franchise, the mouse, and create an attraction based around him. He is the only reason anything Disney exists, and it would be nice to have a tribute of some sort to Mickey that isn't Philharmagic.

Now more on the topic (sorry for the drift) I would be ok with the idea if it were contained within the new Pixar Studios and not an entire land unto itself. If done well, Pixar Studios could be fantastic. A Monsters, Inc. ride, a Ratatoiulle restaurant, TSMM, maybe a walkthrough based on Pixar computer animation, a Cars attraction, and I would personally love to see an attraction possibly based on some of the Pixar shorts, which IMO are better than some of their feature-length films. It would be great if they could kind of contain the Pixar "franchises" within the new area so we are not inundated with Pixar everywhere else on property.
and UP, and Incredibles!!! :)

awoogala

Good point. With the rumors of this and the Nightmare Before Christmas ride/area, along with Tower of Terror would make DHS the perfect Halloween After-Hours-Event park.
NIGHTMARE?????
can you tell I am a bit excited????
edit:whoops, just realized that was posted in 2008.. guessing that won't ever happen.:(

doctornick

FWIW, this is the Jim Hill article (from 2008!) detailing the plans for the Monsters Inc door coaster -- at least as they existed at that time: http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...ous-new-coaster.aspx?PageIndex=3#.UNPm2W871Ag

SirLink

RSR
MI coaster
Rat clone
Flo's. diner
Merry Christmas, this is the latest as of 3pm today posted as soon as I could due to travel

The thing that intrigues me the most is do they make - I presume 'Rat clone' is Calamity Kitchen - is do they use LPS or just an omnimover...

...but overall it feels like they don't know whether they want to make the back part of the Studios - Fantasyland MK II with Pixar characters ... damn it I want them to expand the park ... from the tiny parcel of the land they straddled themselves with trying to get the park open before USO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom