Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

baymenxpac

Locals, DVCers, and other regulars hate it. That's the biggest problem with DHS in general. LMA, Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast etc are wonderful if you come every five or ten years. But for people who are there every long weekend or once a year, there's no "replay value" so to speak.

exactly! as a once-to-twice-a-year DVC visitor, how do i justify spending more than 3 hours at DHS (assuming it doesn't take me that long to simply get on TSMM)?

exciting rumors here. as always, approaching them with cautious optimism, but it would be a much-needed boost to the studios.

flynnibus

Premium Member
DHS is our DCA...

we will go there many many times.. but most of our stops are short ones. Often starting the day there to hit a few rides and then switch to another park. We mix the parks up a good bit to get what we want from each.

Basically like DCA was.. people would go in.. cherry pick what they wanted.. but not hang out for the day.

Truely updating F! would be the anchor that would keep people in the park longer and bring more repeat visits.

invader

DHS is our DCA...

we will go there many many times.. but most of our stops are short ones. Often starting the day there to hit a few rides and then switch to another park. We mix the parks up a good bit to get what we want from each.

Basically like DCA was.. people would go in.. cherry pick what they wanted.. but not hang out for the day.

Truely updating F! would be the anchor that would keep people in the park longer and bring more repeat visits.
Same here, we usually ride ToT, Rock'n and sometimes Star Tours and then we're out. The longest time we ever stay is if we're with family or if we're going to the Osbourne Family Lights.

RSoxNo1

Is 5000 a lot? I'm just wondering what that number is in relation to the total overall attendance for an average day. And I wonder what an average attraction pulls in during the same time LMA is going on?

Thanks for the answer about how often it runs during the day.
By my accounts, Lights, Motors, Action is the least effecient of the top 12 attractions in Hollywood Studios. On a 13 hour day, odds are LMA is only running twice, so a maximum of 10,000 guests can view it. Spread out over the entire day that's 770 per hour. The difference being, if the show as more popular it could accommodate a lot more than that.

By comparison, these are per hour estimates for other attractions in DHS (if anyone has more accurate info, please feel free to jump in)
Tower of Terror: 1700
Star Tours: 2000
Toy Story Mania: 1150
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster: 1500
Voyage of the Little Mermaid: 1200
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular: 1000
The Great Movie Ride: 2000
MuppetVision 3-D: 1600
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage!: 1000
The American Idol Experience: 1000
Studio Backlot Tour: 1500

Beholder

By my accounts, Lights, Motors, Action is the least effecient of the top 12 attractions in Hollywood Studios. On a 13 hour day, odds are LMA is only running twice, so a maximum of 10,000 guests can view it. Spread out over the entire day that's 770 per hour. The difference
being, if the show as more popular it could
accommodate a lot more than that.

By comparison, these are per hour estimates for other attractions in DHS (if anyone has more
accurate info, please feel free to jump in)

Tower of Terror: 1700
Star Tours: 2000
Toy Story Mania: 1150
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster: 1500
Voyage of the Little Mermaid: 1200
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular: 1000
The Great Movie Ride: 2000
MuppetVision 3-D: 1600
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage!: 1000
The American Idol Experience: 1000
Studio Backlot Tour: 1500

Thanks for the breakdown. 10k doesn't seem like a lot at all considering what the other attractions haul in. It seems like a better, higher capacity people eater would really help with dispersing the crowds out a little more evenly. Perhaps it's time for LMA to go...

redshoesrock

Personally, I would love to see them get rid of the Indy show and put in the Indy ride that's in DL in Adventureland. We were always told the reason we would never get the Indy ride is because Dinosaur is in AK, which is the same type of ride. Well, I say if they can put RSR in the Studios with Test Tract at Epcot, they can put in the Indy ride.

Jedeye80

I don't think they will ever get rid of the Indy stunt show but surely it wouldn't be too hard to bring in maybe the pirates franchise and star wars and have 3 stunts shows in the theatre and alternate them. If I remember the sets can be moved they aren't fixed to the spot. Just rename it and have 1 or 2 shows of each a day, new sets and costumes, all 3 are big enough films with action set pieces that would work well.
As for the monsters inc coaster hope it comes, think the film is being re-released in 3d next year, why not announce it then and have it ready by the time the sequel is released. You can't have a Pixar place with one attraction might as well rename it Pixar lane.

Beholder

I don't think they will ever get rid of the Indy stunt show but surely it wouldn't be too hard to bring in maybe the pirates franchise and star wars and have 3 stunts shows in the theatre and alternate them. If I remember the sets can be moved they aren't fixed to the spot. Just
rename it and have 1 or 2 shows of each a day,
new sets and costumes, all 3 are big enough
films with action set pieces that would work
well.

As for the monsters inc coaster hope it comes, think the film is being re-released in 3d next
year, why not announce it then and have it
ready by the time the sequel is released. You
can't have a Pixar place with one attraction
might as well rename it Pixar lane.

I would also hate to see Indiana Jones leave. I really like the atmosphere it creates and consider it classic, which of course may be due to the fact it's been there so long.

I like your idea of alternating the sets. Perhaps an evolution of movie stunts shown through various set pieces. Start with early films (Sparticus comes to mind) culminating with Indiana Jones and/or Pirates.

doctornick

It's a 110% green lit. Shout it from the rooftops.

Can't tell if serious.... There did seem to be agreement among insiders amonth or two back that the Monsters Inc coaster would be included in any Pixar Place expansion. So, I would believe it is going to happen someday. I just hope it is greenlit and construction starts soon.

Patricia Melton

Well, if they don't build the Monsters INC. coaster now then I think we will need to accept that everyone in control at TDO are complete and irredeemable fools.

There's a new Monsters INC. movie coming that will do very well in theaters...so the brand is going to be reinvigorated. A Monsters INC. coaster would also give Florida some of the same kind of excitement that DCA got with Radiator Springs Racers.

Hopefully, they will be smart enough with this Pixar Place to really flesh things out and give guests the feeling of being in Monstropolis in the area surrounding the ride...that could be a really fun place to be come Halloween time every year...could be a fun dining and merchandising opportunity in the theming too.

If there was ever a perfect time to build this attraction, it is now.

Bolt

Not sure if the movie will sway them one way or another. The movie will be long released before anything happens. Doesn't seem to be a rush on opening attractions around movies. It's not like Snow White isn't over 70 years old...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom