Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Most kids should have attention spans that last longer than 20 minutes, though that is a bad thing...

I'm talking about a day in a park with a 3 or 4 year old. It's a hard day if you want them to watch shows and go on long rides that aren't whimsical for the entirety of the visit.

SirLink

I'm talking about a day in a park with a 3 or 4 year old. It's a hard day if you want them to watch shows and go on long rides that aren't whimsical for the entirety of the visit.

Who takes a kid who is 3 to a theme park - that sounds like hell so bad like the worst thing ever ...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Who takes a kid who is 3 to a theme park - that sounds like hell so bad like the worst thing ever ...
Lots of people. The pre-school crew has a good time at theme parks and so do the parents. I first set foot in MK in 1972 and I was three. I had a great time taking both my kids when they were those ages. For my daughter the characters were real. It was better than Christmas.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
My guess... If the rides @M.rudolf said happened I'd bet the value engineering would be create sound stages to house them and put a brick facing on the front of them like Pixar Animation Studios is in Emeryville. It would actually look pretty nice if it were that way for some of the rides. I rather the themes of Rat or RSR but the sound stages could be fine if done right. That fits DHS theme better as well. You'd be entering Pixar and each 'animation building' is another movie. Fitting the RSR might be difficult though and I don't see Flo working unless RSR was outside.

MerlinTheGoat

My mom started taking me to Disney World when I was 3 years old (actually 2 years and 10 months from what I gather). From what I remember, and from what my mom told me, I had an absolute blast even at that young age. I definitely remember constantly wanting to go back (and perhaps spoiling me somewhat, I was obliged that wish quite often). Hell, I even adored Epcot as a child (including the educational aspects). Maybe I was a weird kid though. I was exposed to museums very young and grew an appreciation for "edutainment" so to speak. But I wasn't conditioned into liking these things, I just enjoyed it.

I don't know how mom felt about having to deal with me, she seems to have been fine with it. Sure i'd get tired and would go back to the hotel to take naps and such, but overall I think we both had awesome experiences even at my youngest.

I have also most definitely seen people carrying around babies younger than I was (or in strollers) in the parks.

Turtle

My guess... If the rides @M.rudolf said happened I'd bet the value engineering would be create sound stages to house them and put a brick facing on the front of them like Pixar Animation Studios is in Emeryville. It would actually look pretty nice if it were that way for some of the rides. I rather the themes of Rat or RSR but the sound stages could be fine if done right. That fits DHS theme better as well. You'd be entering Pixar and each 'animation building' is another movie. Fitting the RSR might be difficult though and I don't see Flo working unless RSR was outside.
i'd prefer something else serving as the restaurant. Maybe Ratatouille is the restaurant rather than Flo's (makes more sense) and then Incredibles or Up becomes the LPS ride so it can have more variety.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Me:):):):). We took my oldest at 2, 4 and 5 so technically he wasn't 3 in the parks but my youngest will be this year when we go;) If the 3 year old isn't your only kid it makes it even more necessary. You just need to take breaks and be patient (or in my case marry someone who is patient). Given recent events definitely not the worst thing ever...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My mom started taking me to Disney World when I was 3 years old (actually 2 years and 10 months from what I gather). From what I remember, and from what my mom told me, I had an absolute blast even at that young age. I definitely remember constantly wanting to go back (and perhaps spoiling me somewhat, I was obliged that wish quite often). Hell, I even adored Epcot as a child (including the educational aspects). Maybe I was a weird kid though. I was exposed to museums very young and grew an appreciation for "edutainment" so to speak. But I wasn't conditioned into liking these things, I just enjoyed it.

I don't know how mom felt about having to deal with me, she seems to have been fine with it. Sure i'd get tired and would go back to the hotel to take naps and such, but overall I think we both had awesome experiences even at my youngest.

I am a fellow weirdo who loved the educational parts of EPCOT as a kid. Too bad there seems to be less of it now or maybe it's just my perception that it was better in the 80s.

awoogala

I am a fellow weirdo who loved the educational parts of EPCOT as a kid. Too bad there seems to be less of it now or maybe it's just my perception that it was better in the 80s.
me too- and my kids love it now (they would love it even more if it was as educational as it was back then!)

doctornick

This. As exciting as a Pixar expansion sounds, and how much I would love to see all of these additions, I strongly doubt we will see it. Even now, the motivation does not seem to be there. We have heard the Carsland rumors for probably over 6 months now....Monsters, Inc. for years...they simply do not want to spend the money. I have said it once, and I will say it again, I truly think these rumors are being fed from the top to try to keep fan interest - not because they will actually ever be built.

Eh. While TDO has given fans good reason to be cynical, I think it's a bit over the top to expect that nothing will ever get built. A bunch of insiders have indicated that LMA is too costly to operate and will go and the Backlot Tour is probably seen as too costly for the interest it generates as well. So, having them disappear and be replaced with some sort of Pixar attractions at some point in the next 5 years seems pretty reasonable. It even allows for the synergy that Iger seems to love by having attractions based on Disney IP.

Now, would such attractions be great or would they be "value engineered" to shells of their potential? Don't know, but something will be built somewhere in WDW in the period after the 7DMT opens.

MerlinTheGoat

Do we know what type of coaster and the level of thrill this would be?
People can correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe it was stated in another topic that the coaster is going to be an inverted hanging coaster. Somewhere in the Big Thunder range of thrills. I don't see this being as intense as Everest, nor having any sort of loops and corkscrews. If it's Monster Inc, I expect the thrill level to be fairly tame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom