Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

ChrisM

No, the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland was split into two promotions. The Happiest Homecoming on Earth focused on Disneyland, selling the nostalgia of the place as a cultural institution. Then there was the Walt Disney World focused Happiest Celebration on Earth. The big gimmick was, that to celebrate Walt Disney World was receiving new attractions , many from other Disney parks from around the world which were called "gifts." Lights! Motors! Action! was the "gift" from Disneyland Resort Paris.

Did it come with a gift receipt? I'd like to return it for a store credit.

Florida_is_hot

Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show is in Walt Disney World can not see why it has anything to do with the 50th anniversary of Disneyland (it takes little effort to type not everybody knows things like LMA)

Beholder

Doesn't "Light, motors etc." run only twice a day? If so, seems like a waste of space for something that sits dormant most if the time. Something that eats up the crowd all day would be very welcomed, spread out the park, take the pressure off ToT, TSMM, and RnR.

midwest_mice

:eek: Seriously? You don't get carnivals in the Midwest?
Of course we get carnivals, but it would be better than Lights, motor, action. Either that or turn the area that it currently takes up into ToonTown with a few darks and extend Pixar Place to the Backstage Lot tour area where they have a space for Lights Motor Action to practice in and store some of the jump vehicles.

RAXIP

Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show is in Walt Disney World can not see why it has anything to do with the 50th anniversary of Disneyland (it takes little effort to type not everybody knows things like LMA)
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiest_Celebration_on_Earth

Doesn't "Light, motors etc." run only twice a day? If so, seems like a waste of space for something that sits dormant most if the time. Something that eats up the crowd all day would be very welcomed, spread out the park, take the pressure off ToT, TSMM, and RnR.
There are three shows on certain days during busier seasons (Mon, Tues & Thur this week). Each show can pull up to 5000 people from the rest of the park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For DLS 50th each park worldwide got something from another park.

Instead of Cinemagique MGM got MA.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That is not true and you know it!

Also, TDO is NOT a group of people. TDO is nothing more than the name of a building! And to think that they don't like spending money is complete BS!

Funny, because they're no longer spending on a holiday overlay for the CBJ. Something one would think you'd acknowledge and be interested in.

Beholder

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiest_Celebration_on_Earth

There are three shows on certain days during busier seasons (Mon, Tues & Thur this week). Each show can pull up to 5000 people from the rest of the park.

Is 5000 a lot? I'm just wondering what that number is in relation to the total overall attendance for an average day. And I wonder what an average attraction pulls in during the same time LMA is going on?

Thanks for the answer about how often it runs during the day.

doctornick

Okay, so just trying to cut to the chase... The rumors for DHS are:

1. The Monsters, Inc door coaster is back on the table
2. The Backlot Studio Tour land is being looked at for a major expansion
3. LMA is on the chopping block, possibly in a shorter term than the Studio Tour

Would it be reasonable to suggest that this expansion is centered on Pixar properties and is an expansion of Pixar Place?

Also, is there plans for anywhere else in the park?

Tim_4

Okay, so just trying to cut to the chase... The rumors for DHS are:

1. The Monsters, Inc door coaster is back on the table
2. The Backlot Studio Tour land is being looked at for a major expansion
3. LMA is on the chopping block, possibly in a shorter term than the Studio Tour
Backlot and LMA might be on the same timeline. I'm not being cryptic, I honestly don't know.

Would it be reasonable to suggest that this expansion is centered on Pixar properties and is an expansion of Pixar Place?
It might be "reasonable" to suggest that.

Also, is there plans for anywhere else in the park?
No other additions that I know of, but possibly a key subtraction.
Re: "something happening to the Backlot"

Are we talking Carsland (or some derivation thereof) or something completely different?
That'd be something, huh?

DCLcruiser

What's not to love about LMA? Maybe update it every few years, but besides that the stunts and cars are still very cool. I'm surprised they haven't re-themed it to Cars (get rid of Herbie too).

Tim_4

What's not to love about LMA? Maybe update it every few years, but besides that the stunts and cars are still very cool. I'm surprised they haven't re-themed it to Cars (get rid of Herbie too).
Locals, DVCers, and other regulars hate it. That's the biggest problem with DHS in general. LMA, Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast etc are wonderful if you come every five or ten years. But for people who are there every long weekend or once a year, there's no "replay value" so to speak.

doctornick

Personally, I think LMA is by far the better of the two stunt shows and much more "repeatable". Personally, I'd prefer to see Indy replaced with a Indy-themed ride and keep LMA if they want a stunt show to keep the spirit of DHS and entertainment present in the park. You could keep LMA and use the Backlot for a big Pixar expansion.

That said, I don't particularly care if LMA goes as long as something cool goes in that place. With the space from LMA/Backlot, you could put in a lot of rides and really expand the options in DHS, particularly for little ones who have few ride options. I'm intrigued by the talk and really hope something is announced soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom