Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

doctornick

On that topic.

It looks like it's coming.

Everyone blames Finance/Accounting that it got shut down in the first place but WDI went way over budget on the original design so it got shelved. It's been removed from that shelf.

Would it be in the building next to Toy Story Mania? Or replacing LMA?

menamechris

I read recently there was some light construction going on in the space. Light construction won't get a coaster built, but it might be enough to stir a discussion if we aren't too distracted.

If it is anything substantial, permits should be filed....And I know we have people 'round here who track those things...

Tim_4

This isn't passive aggressive. You are have been implying...no... abrasively stating...that you must be the only person who knows anything about business..and the only person who is smart enough to pull up an annual report...That's quite ignorant. Just sayin.
I never said I was the only one "smart enough" to pull up an annual report. I'm sure almost everyone around here is "smart enough" to do so. Still, for whatever reason, most people do not.
The issues brought up aren't even deep business strategies. We are talking about inflation of numbers and business tactics. All topics and issues that should have been addressed in your Managerial Accounting course. Again, my intention is not to offend you, but to give the balanced view.
Managerial Accounting courses generally include product costing strategies (for manufacturers), budgeting, balanced scorecard, etc. The presentation and disclosure of financial statements are financial, not managerial accounting (see Intermediate Accounting I & II, Advanced Financial Accounting, Presentation and Disclosure).
If you take anything from this, maybe it should be not to treat an annual report as gospel. Are the numbers correct? Yes. But how did they get those numbers? The CPA in you should be asking those questions...
I understand the concept of professional skepticism. If I were auditing the financial statements of TWDC I would use that very attitude. But I also trust the auditors (Pricewaterhouse Coopers) who DID audit and approve the financial statements, including notes and disclosures.
Would it be in the building next to Toy Story Mania? Or replacing LMA?
Two separate projects.

menamechris

Managerial Accounting courses generally include product costing strategies (for manufacturers), budgeting, balanced scorecard, etc. The presentation and disclosure of financial statements are financial, not managerial accounting (see Intermediate Accounting I & II, Advanced Financial Accounting, Presentation and Disclosure).

I understand the concept of professional skepticism. If I were auditing the financial statements of TWDC I would use that very attitude. But I also trust the auditors (Pricewaterhouse Coopers) who DID audit and approve the financial statements, including notes and disclosures.

Wow! I learned a whole lot more about financials and analysis in my Managerial Accounting course. I must have just gotten lucky. Go UCF!

To the latter point. Good. Glad to hear.

Now back to our regularly scheduled rumor roundup...

Tim_4

Wow! I learned a whole lot more about financials and analysis in my Managerial Accounting course. I must have just gotten lucky. Go UCF!

To the latter point. Good. Glad to hear.

Now back to our regularly scheduled rumor roundup...
Wanna get a beer tomorrow? Fudruckers on 535? 6:30?

spacemt354

Chili's
Fixed that for ya...

One man's trash is another man's treasure. They are spending money. If you don't think they are spending it in the right places that's a whole other debate, and one that can go on forever in these forums. They are investing money into the places they feel can give them the most return value. I don't always agree with TDO, because I would like to see some things done in the parks. But the FLE is coming, I am also interested to see what comes of Avatar, and these new rumors about DHS have me at least hopeful some great changes are coming to the parks as well.

Beholder

Business 101 aside, I'm cautiously optimistic that something "good" may be on it's way to DHS. The park needs help in a big way, and the infusion of some exciting attractions would go a long way towards that end. Monsters Inc (the rumor) has been floating around so long, it would almost be surreal to see it built. Backlot redesign/update/repurposed would be fantastic.

And lose the hat.

ChrisM

Re: "something happening to the Backlot"

Are we talking Carsland (or some derivation thereof) or something completely different?

Beholder

Re: "something happening to the Backlot"

Are we talking Carsland (or some derivation thereof) or something completely different?

I guess "something happening" could be closing it down and letting it sit for a few years. Personally, I'd live to see something from the Incredibles go here. Long as something substantial gets put here, it should be better than the current offering.

AndyMagic

Speaking of LMA, I thought that was just a temporary attraction to celebrate the 50th anniversary of DL. Am I wrong?
Much like other "temporary" additions to WDW, the word is to be interpreted very loosely. In the end, even if Cars Land does come to DHS, the construction schedule will be so ridiculously protracted that it will probably open in 2046 after Universal puts the finishing touches on their 100th new E-ticket. It's hard for me to even get excited about these rumors anymore.

lazyboy97o

Speaking of LMA, I thought that was just a temporary attraction to celebrate the 50th anniversary of DL. Am I wrong?
No, the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland was split into two promotions. The Happiest Homecoming on Earth focused on Disneyland, selling the nostalgia of the place as a cultural institution. Then there was the Walt Disney World focused Happiest Celebration on Earth. The big gimmick was, that to celebrate Walt Disney World was receiving new attractions , many from other Disney parks from around the world which were called "gifts." Lights! Motors! Action! was the "gift" from Disneyland Resort Paris.

midwest_mice

No, the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland was split into two promotions. The Happiest Homecoming on Earth focused on Disneyland, selling the nostalgia of the place as a cultural institution. Then there was the Walt Disney World focused Happiest Celebration on Earth. The big gimmick was, that to celebrate Walt Disney World was receiving new attractions , many from other Disney parks from around the world which were called "gifts." Lights! Motors! Action! was the "gift" from Disneyland Resort Paris.

Can WDW return its gift to DLP in exchange for ToyStory Playland?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom