Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

spacemt354

Chili's
How far back in this thread does one have to go to find anything about the Monsters Inc. coaster, anyway? I read recently there was some light construction going on in the space. Light construction won't get a coaster built, but it might be enough to stir a discussion if we aren't too distracted.

I agree, this thread has gone very off topic. But there isn't really much to talk about regarding the Monster's Inc coaster. From what I had read, it doesn't look like the coaster is going to happen anytime soon. That light construction doesn't seem to be anything major for Monster's Inc at this point. It would be a perfect fit in Pixar Place, and make it more of a "land" in DHS. So I hope it does come, but it just might not be for a while, or ever.

Tim_4

I agree, this thread has gone very off topic. But there isn't really much to talk about regarding the Monster's Inc coaster. From what I had read, it doesn't look like the coaster is going to happen anytime soon. That light construction doesn't seem to be anything major for Monster's Inc at this point. It would be a perfect fit in Pixar Place, and make it more of a "land" in DHS. So I hope it does come, but it just might not be for a while, or ever.
Big changes coming to DHS. Big, big changes.

IlikeDW

See: Thread title.
See also: Backlot
On that topic.

It looks like it's coming.

Everyone blames Finance/Accounting that it got shut down in the first place but WDI went way over budget on the original design so it got shelved. It's been removed from that shelf.

So the question is which plans are off the shelf, something scaled back to meet original budget or budget increased to match plans?

Lee

Adventurer
The thread title is describing an attraction that has been put on hold
and the backlot is a rumor

Those are not big changes, or changes at all. Have you heard of anything for DHS that has been officially announced?
Nothing has been announced.
However, there are a couple of projects that are currently under consideration at DAhS.

Tim_4

So the question is which plans are off the shelf, something scaled back to meet original budget or budget increased to match plans?
The thread title is describing an attraction that has been put on hold
and the backlot is a rumor

Those are not big changes, or changes at all. Have you heard of anything for DHS that has been officially announced?
I have not heard anything that has been officially announced. I have heard plenty that is 100% absolutely definitely possibly maybe being reconsidered. I have VERY good sources and when I hear something it's definitely real. HOWEVER, my sources are NOT good at telling where in the process things are. I can 100% confirm that Monster's Inc Coaster is, at the very least, being considered for major dollars that are heading DHS's way. It could have been greenlit, it could have been put off for a few years, it could be pending further review, or it could have been axed entirely. I honestly don't know where it is but there is absolutely smoke around Monsters and a LOT of smoke around DHS in general.

EDIT: Thanks, Lee, for the confirmation.

spacemt354

Chili's
Right. I'm not sure what the percentage chances of various things happening are but if the bigger things happen then people *should* be very happy.

It should. Really anything new in DHS other than the insertion of Hannah Montana music into RnRC or an expansion of American Idol should make people pretty happy :)

menamechris

Are you the one who said you had your MBA? You really have that little faith in the financial reporting system (including the external auditors)? And since you continue passive aggressively attacking my intelligence, I'll just say that I'm a CPA and I analyze financial statements for a living.

This isn't passive aggressive. You are have been implying...no... abrasively stating...that you must be the only person who knows anything about business..and the only person who is smart enough to pull up an annual report...That's quite ignorant. Just sayin. The issues brought up aren't even deep business strategies. We are talking about inflation of numbers and business tactics. All topics and issues that should have been addressed in your Managerial Accounting course. Again, my intention is not to offend you, but to give the balanced view. If you take anything from this, maybe it should be not to treat an annual report as gospel. Are the numbers correct? Yes. But how did they get those numbers? The CPA in you should be asking those questions...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom