Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Condorman

How many times does it need to be said that the raw attendance numbers are categorically useless and mean almost nothing when discussing competition between Disney and Universal?

Isn't it amazing how the numbers mean nothing when you're on the side with the losing numbers? How convenient for you and USO. :D

maxairmike

Isn't it amazing how the numbers mean nothing when you're on the side with the losing numbers? How convenient for you and USO. :D

Losing side? You're funny! I have no side. I've been in this industry for five years, and if I'm on any side, its the side of regional, more traditional amusement parks that most on this site frown and talk down on, because that's where I got my start and still have an affinity for. I'm probably about as neutral as they come in this particular "dog fight", but around here, that would mean I'm a Uni fanboi I guess. Universal plussing like crazy just means I get to have more fun on my days off (despite the larger crowds), and you'd better believe I'm more excited about that than what Disney's been doing lately.

bubbles1812

Ahh Condorman...you are back to making asinine posts. As has been explained many a time to you...absolute attendance numbers don't matter. You may place importance on them but when it comes to looking at growth in the parks...it doesn't matter! Disney's attendance has remained pretty much flat as a board these past four years. It might get a little bump with NFE but even that could be doubtful. I don't hear of many people (besides the ones on here) wanting to flock to Disney because NFE is opening (in very slow stages)...people get tired of waiting and just go rather than waiting for Disney to move faster than a snail. And many many aren't even aware of NFE opening. Certainly not the way the country was aware of Potter opening or will be aware of HP 2.0 opening. But obviously that's my subjective opinion. Regardless of that, the numbers don't lie and since you seem so fond of them...Disney's % growth in attendance has remained flat these last 4 years. Universal's has grown substantially and they've also grabbed more of the market share (which is a huge deal...it's been hard to make a dent in that and yet, they have).

Yellow Strap

I think the main properties Disney has that could create a HP style buzz and sizable attendance jump is a Cars land clone (maybe bigger and couple more rides) at DHS or a Marvel based-land (this would be a lot more difficult).

whylightbulb

And if that's truly the case...the Gringott's coaster is going to be one of the most technologically advanced rides as well as awesome coasters out there!
There goes Universal still upping the ante, while Disney is fine with mediocrity.
Yes count on it! Gringott's will be an amazing ride. The ride system itself will break new ground and the show elements will be a wonder to behold. There will be plenty of envirnmental effects, 3-D sets and next generation projection effects. It will be better than FJ in my opnion. I haven't even gotten into the Express train attraction either.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I would say be patient, and complain in 5 years or so, because WDW is doing a lot at once at the moment with adding new resorts and lands and attractions! chill lol:p
Oh please.... SSE? WOL? Energy? Imagination? Imp de France?
JC refurb? Splash 101? Space debacle? PPF?
Monsters? Sounds Dangerous? Backlot? Yeti? Dinosaur?

DVC and AofA doesn't equal ticket prices.

Lee

Adventurer
Yes count on it! Gringott's will be an amazing ride. The ride system itself will break new ground and the show elements will be a wonder to behold. There will be plenty of envirnmental effects, 3-D sets and next generation projection effects. It will be better than FJ in my opnion. I haven't even gotten into the Express train attraction either.
From the layout, the ride doesn't look all that long unless it goes fairly slow during some parts. Must be a lot of show packed in there...
Can't wait.:D

cheezbat

Oh please.... SSE? WOL? Energy? Imagination? Imp de France?
JC refurb? Splash 101? Space debacle? PPF?
Monsters? Sounds Dangerous? Backlot? Yeti? Dinosaur?

DVC and AofA doesn't equal ticket prices.

That's a problem. Numerous issues that should be dealt with as of yesterday. Splash is so sad. I love the ride but seeing it in that state upsets me. Same goes for Everest. What a travesty! And all the very dated attractions...don't get me started.

menamechris

Well...all it took was one legitimate question followed by 6 pages of completely illegitimate, immature, uninformed and overall negative responses to remind me of why I quit reading the Rumors board! I think they should have 2 rumors boards - one that you cannot post negatively in and then keep this crap-tastic one.

Seriously? You have been around since January 2011, and didn't think bringing up something like the Monsters Inc Coaster would spark debate and frustration?

yeti

Any animatronics? I heard something about a dragon...

bubbles1812

Seriously? You have been around since January 2011, and didn't think bringing up something like the Monsters Inc Coaster would spark debate and frustration?
Nope. Apparently he wants us to be super happy that a ride that was actually apparently going to come got stopped in it's tracks because Disney didn't want to spend the money...as per their normal. Here, I'll try it:

Hey guys! The Monsters Inc Coaster isn't coming to DHS! Why you ask? Well, they didn't want to spend the money. But don't worry! All is well and happy, happy, happy! There are no problems at Disney at all! Why do I say this? Well, because I'm sure Disney decided to use the money elsewhere for something even better! I mean, look at their competition down the way...they are building lots of new rides and putting MULTIPLE big projects into development...surely WDW would do the same as it is the bestest place in all the land! And I mean, even beyond that...look at their sister park in California...they are getting a super cool new land too!!! What, you say that TDO gave themselves extra big bonuses this quarter? Well I know they would never take the money to be used to build a new ride and just give it to themselves! Remember, Disney is a happy place and TDO is always about taking some risks to help further their customer's enjoyment! Management is wonderful! And there are no problems whatsoever! I just learned we will get a new land in...5 years time! Don't mind the fact that said competition will have several of their multiple projects out in that time. Remember, there are nooooo problems at all. And maybe someday soon, or well at least someday, we'll see what TDO decided to take the Monsters Inc Coaster money and spend it on. Everything is happy, happy, happy! Now where is my Mickey hat? *skips off merrily in search of a Dole Whip*

So...how'd I do? :D ... :rolleyes: Never mind the fact that the only reason this got off topic in the first place was because one of the Disney is "practically perfect in every way and Universal is a dump with nothing to offer at all" crowd started it.

**Note for all reading my post: Yes, I do love Disney. I also love Universal. That is not a crime to like post. Yes, my post was obviously an exaggeration. But as Chris pointed out, this is a thread about a ride that was canceled after some clear development was made..there is going to be some legitimate displeasure regarding it.

spacemt354

Chili's
Well...all it took was one legitimate question followed by 6 pages of completely illegitimate, immature, uninformed and overall negative responses to remind me of why I quit reading the Rumors board! I think they should have 2 rumors boards - one that you cannot post negatively in and then keep this crap-tastic one.
Not to add anymore negativity, but if you quit reading the rumors board then why did you post in it? I think this was more of a general discussion thread question rather than a rumor topic. It might not have gotten so much negativity if it was posted over there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom