Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

dlpwishes

I love the idea of more Pixar in the studios, therefore clearing space in TL. But then I still think DHS should be based on movie making. The Backlot needs sorting out so it is a real thrilling and educational experience again. The Streets of America could also do with repurposing so they don't feel as awkward now that the tour doesn't really feature them...

DHS has so much potential but its same old TDO

Lee

Adventurer
After a lot of time and money spent, the Monsters Inc. ride is gathering dust.
Don't look for it anytime soon, if ever.

The only thing coming to the Studios in the near term is a PotC walkthrough in Stage 4.

Lee

Adventurer
interesting, could you explain this in more detail please?

Not really.:shrug:
It's a Pirates walkthrough, similar to and replacing the Prince Caspian one.

Or the Monsters thing?
Again, not really. It was conceptualized, designed (with help from Barton Malow) and almost greenlit.
Then....shelved.

disney fan 13

Or the Monsters thing?
Again, not really. It was conceptualized, designed (with help from Barton Malow) and almost greenlit.
Then....shelved.

If the Monster inc sequel does well in the box office, could there be a chance of this thing getting dusted off?

TestTrack Dummy

Or the Monsters thing?
Then....shelved.

Did they come up with any other ideas instead?

The Incredibles are a Pixar franchise..

~ FD.

I beleive the poster means franchises as in more than one movie... As of right now Incredibles is a Pixar film, not a franchise.

^ Yup. The Incredibles has not spewed off successful sequels, merchandising, etc. that the three films I mentioned did.

If the Monster inc sequel does well in the box office, could there be a chance of this thing getting dusted off?

There's always that chance. :slurp:

menamechris

The only thing coming to the Studios in the near term is a PotC walkthrough in Stage 4.

Proof that those making the decisions have no idea what a mess the park is... To be honest, I want attendance at DHS to tank, and tank badly... People have got to be getting sick of decades of the same shows, and same 4 rides. I honestly don't know how people justify the price of the ticket at this point...

Sir-Disney

I feel like ToT and RnRC are huge bright stars in a rather dimly lit system. Having a Monster's Inc Coaster would really help the DHS. Toy Story and Star Tours are pretty cool but I think the Hollywood Studios name kind of implies more thrills... as in action movies. This could just be an erroneous perception on my part but heck.. why not even stretch the Star Wars franchise and do a cool thrill ride with that. There are so many different things they could do...

I have always thought a Close Encounters of the Third Kind ride would be cool... rights would have to be secured.. but possibilities would be pretty big along with the musical score! A giant arm space ride would be pretty cool.

Next Big Thing

Proof that those making the decisions have no idea what a mess the park is... To be honest, I want attendance at DHS to tank, and tank badly... People have got to be getting sick of decades of the same shows, and same 4 rides. I honestly don't know how people justify the price of the ticket at this point...
Well that Prince Caspian space is pretty small, but I think something like Flynn's Arcade would be a much more suiting tenant.

And Lee, when are we looking at this PotC walk-through moving in?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

That's the issue. They DO know what a mess DHS is overall. They just can't agree on a cohesive way forward.

misterID

Or the Monsters thing?
Then....shelved.

This is just LAME.

Shows exactly what they'll invest in and what they won't. It's pretty obvious they just don't care.

So much for Mr. Staggs change...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom