Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

NoChesterHester

Overall theme and direction I believe. It's seen now as a park that doesn't know what it is.

Just lost its way --- the guidance is there in the dedication. Go back to the romantic idea.

"The World you have entered was created by The Walt Disney Company and is dedicated to Hollywood—not a place on a map, but a state of mind that exists wherever people dream and wonder and imagine, a place where illusion and reality are fused by technological magic. We welcome you to a Hollywood that never was—and always will be."

menamechris

It seems it would be as simple as better configuring and developing the "lands" in the style of the Magic Kingdom. Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard are pretty solid areas, but all the other areas just seem like a mish-mash of dropping attractions wherever they would fit. Terrible planning and execution. And now a seemingly shining example of neglect....

Turtle

It seems it would be as simple as better configuring and developing the "lands" in the style of the Magic Kingdom. Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard are pretty solid areas, but all the other areas just seem like a mish-mash of dropping attractions wherever they would fit. Terrible planning and execution. And now a seemingly shining example of neglect....

Exactly! And we have to at least update it!

Pixar Place - Add a Crush Coaster/Monsters Inc Coaster, rename A Bugs Life Playground, and relocate the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor to Prince Caspian's former location!

Take out the Little Mermaid since FLE is getting a Little Mermaid section and put something fresh, maybe a new ride/show: if it is a show make it Tangled, if it is a ride make it a Mickey Black and White Dark Ride (considering the space, I'm not sure)! Relocate One Man's Dream to Magic Kingdom and put another Disney Animation attraction there!

Make Echo Lake "Lucas Land" and take out the stunt show and put an Indy outdoor temple ruin coaster like in Paris.

Take out the backlot and make one more land!

Then we have Lucas Land, Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset Boulevard, Animation Courtyard, whatever we turn the backlot into (maybe Marvel if possible)and Pixar Place!

menamechris

This is what I'm hoping for. I started a thread about this not too long ago, but I didn't get any promising confirmations about anything in the works.

Ya, I am pretty sure this is a mess the current executives are hoping to be able to pass on to the next generation. They have been dragging their feet and ignoring the problem for well over a decade now. And apparently, even the significant drop in attendance hasn't sparked any motivation...

TestTrack Dummy

Exactly! And we have to at least update it!

Pixar Place - Add a Crush Coaster/Monsters Inc Coaster, rename A Bugs Life Playground, and relocate the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor to Prince Caspian's former location!

Take out the Little Mermaid since FLE is getting a Little Mermaid section and put something fresh, maybe a new ride/show: if it is a show make it Tangled, if it is a ride make it a Mickey Black and White Dark Ride (considering the space, I'm not sure)! Relocate One Man's Dream to Magic Kingdom and put another Disney Animation attraction there!

Make Echo Lake "Lucas Land" and take out the stunt show and put an Indy outdoor temple ruin coaster like in Paris.

Take out the backlot and make one more land!

Then we have Lucas Land, Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset Boulevard, Animation Courtyard, whatever we turn the backlot into (maybe Marvel if possible)and Pixar Place!

Oh god no. That coaster sucks

RSoxNo1

Just lost its way --- the guidance is there in the dedication. Go back to the romantic idea.

"The World you have entered was created by The Walt Disney Company and is dedicated to Hollywood—not a place on a map, but a state of mind that exists wherever people dream and wonder and imagine, a place where illusion and reality are fused by technological magic. We welcome you to a Hollywood that never was—and always will be."

You know I love the words on this dedication plaque, it really is a very cool concept for a park.

The Hollywood that never was is very well represented in the front of the park, specifically Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd, but also parts of Echo lake as well. The idea that many fan boys have thrown out has been a combination of the different movie studios and what we would hope those studios would be like. Reality is that so much of movie making is done with computers now, but we want to believe that George Lucas hops on a Starspeeder and travels to Tattoine, or that the Toy Story characters can indeed come to life.

In theory the park could be broken into three separate lands, each of which might be further segmented:

The Hollywood that Never Was: Sunset Blvd, Hollywood Blvd, Front part of Echo Lake
Studios Central (thanks to Matt Hochberg for the name): George Lucas section of Echo Lake, Pixar Place, Muppets, Animation Courtyard
Production Central: Lights Motors Action, Backlot Tour

I think it's also safe to say that real production is gone. The storyline is forced in each of the production shows (LMA, Backlot Tour and Indy). These attractions could all be removed and the space could be better utlized if they did want to do a DCA level makeover.

There are so many areas of DHS that can be removed without major backlash it's kind of embarassing. The only potential fan issue I see with rebuilding 50% of DHS is the Osbourne Lights, aside from that I don't foresee a lot of backlash from fans if a substantial # of DHS attractions are replaced.

misterID

He launched FLE and Avatar Land. I have to say I don't believe Lee when he says nothing is planned for Disney Hollywood Studios. When that new something comes is anyone's guess though.

Trust me, I'm a big Staggs mark and I'm genuinely rooting for him. And I love what he did for the FLE. And I LOVE how he answered the WDW fans disappointment about D23 and the lack of stuff coming to the world. No one else would have done that.

But AvL hasn't launched. Matter of fact, it might not happen. That's a real possibility.

Another thing is, when execs live in Cali, WDW becomes out of sight, out of mind and left to the devices of TDO. Little trips to "check in" aren't going to help when THIS management group run day to day operations.

And I have never, in all my time here, seen Lee post something that wasn't true. And it's not just Lee saying this...

Lee

Adventurer
And I haven never, in all my time here, seen Lee post something that wasn't true. And it's not just Lee saying this...
I thank you, sir.

There have been plenty of things designed and pitched for the Studios. None have been green lit except for the new walk through. Sorry, it's true.

That could change tomorrow if they have a meeting and decide that it's time. But as of right now....nada.

RSoxNo1

I saw many props from Pirates 4 at the D23 Expo, it was cool to see, but not more than once. Now if they have a full prop of one of the ships to walk through that would be a lot of fun. My co-host actually suggested that as an addition to Adventureland, I'd love to see something like that.

Gregoryp73

In theory the park could be broken into three separate lands, each of which might be further segmented:

The Hollywood that Never Was: Sunset Blvd, Hollywood Blvd, Front part of Echo Lake
Studios Central (thanks to Matt Hochberg for the name): George Lucas section of Echo Lake, Pixar Place, Muppets, Animation Courtyard
Production Central: Lights Motors Action, Backlot Tour

There are so many areas of DHS that can be removed without major backlash it's kind of embarassing. The only potential fan issue I see with rebuilding 50% of DHS is the Osbourne Lights, aside from that I don't foresee a lot of backlash from fans if a substantial # of DHS attractions are replaced.

I would rather see them focus on the various genre's of hollywood...

Action
Animation
Thiller/suspense (Tot?)
Comedy

And if they take out Backlot, I hope they scoop it out with that giant ugly hat ;)

misterID

I would rather see them focus on the various genre's of hollywood...

Action
Animation
Thiller/suspense (Tot?)
Comedy

And if they take out Backlot, I hope they scoop it out with that giant ugly hat ;)

That's what I always thought, too. Action, Animation, Sci fi, Horror (Disney kind) and Comedy. I always wanted a "Great Horror Movie Ride" :D

RSox's idea is cool, but these ideas could coexist, imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom