Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

aladdin2007

Hi All, A big thanks to Lee and our other insiders who give us reliable information when they can, it is vastly appreciated. While I Am certainly excited for the Avatar Project and of course the Fantasyland Expansion, the Studios definitely need some love too. There are some great things here, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Star Tours, and of course Mulch, Sweat & Shears, however there are some things that need to be revamped such as the Animation attraction or scrapped altogether such as the Backlot Tour. I loved that attraction when it was first out, but it is a shadow of itself in it's new incarnation. It is a little sad for those of us who remember the whole attraction as it was in the beginning. Toy Story Mania is of course a great ride and I'd love the see the Monsters Inc Dark ride from CA put in as a part of that area. Any chance of a clone of that? Thanks again! Marie

I would love to see a dark ride like that in the studios, always wished they had done the baby herman baby buggy ride/roger rabbit. Even better yet the Monsters Inc Hide and Go Seek from Tokyo, but of course TDO would never splurge on that version.

wannabeBelle

Interesting DisneyBoy, thanks for the information. I am not a huge Muppets fan, they are OK but yet another 4D film? Really? C'mon guys WDI has some of the best & brightest without a doubt, I would think they can come up with something better than that. This sounds like a patch and a small one at that for the larger problem with the Studios. I had been on the Monsters Inc. dark ride in California once and I found it charming, which is why I wouldn't mind a clone here. Plus it is very family friendly in keeping with that area, as opposed to some of the more thrilling rides in the Studios that smaller children may not want to go on. Of course, if they want to come up with something else completely new and unique, rock on!!!! Thanks again to everyone for keeping the ear out for any great information!!! Marie

WDWFREAK53

Marie this is the latest rumor from Screamscape for the studios

2013/2014/2015 - MuppetVision 2 - Rumor - (1/24/11) Keep in mind that this concept is only just an idea within the Mouse’s house of ideas with no set timeline. I’m hearing that give the popularity the Muppets are starting to recieve once again, WDI is starting to come up with ideas that could be used to make an all new MuppetVision 4D film to replace the old current film which is now 20 years old and revitalize the Muppets attraction once again in California and Florida for the next two decades. I’m told that this idea is one being pitched as part of the second wave of improvements WDI wants to make to California Adventure once they finish the current crop with the opening of Cars Land in 2012. Stay tuned!

Screamscape is not a reliable source...FYI.

jmick71

i am taking this with a grain of salt, but yesterday i was with my friend who is a cast member and they said the next project will be carsland in DHS, they said since now they are building FLE which greatly appeals to little girls, Disney wanted to make something that appeals to little boys.
But i would imagine this is a cast member rumor and nothing more

Disneyboy17

i am taking this with a grain of salt, but yesterday i was with my friend who is a cast member and they said the next project will be carsland in DHS, they said since now they are building FLE which greatly appeals to little girls, Disney wanted to make something that appeals to little boys.
But i would imagine this is a cast member rumor and nothing more

Was he a bus driver?:ROFLOL:

Patrick_Ears

no one really knows when they will build this unless something leaks out... But how many family rides and adult rides are in DHS?? not sure if they have to keep that balanced or not.

jtizzle1023

Its as simple as this, if they are going to make this true, than they will have it done by the release of the monsters inc 2 movie next summer, so maybe anytime we can hear about

lazyboy97o

Its as simple as this, if they are going to make this true, than they will have it done by the release of the monsters inc 2 movie next summer, so maybe anytime we can hear about
Where are you getting this idea from? Yes, opening attractions and films near the same time was mentioned a lot after the Pixar acquisition, but it has yet to actually happen.

Turtle

Is there any recent news on the Monsters, Inc. Coaster?

:( I'm sad to see that it faded away from WDI's priorities.

And also where would Pixar Place be expanded because it needs more land for this ride.

disnyfan89

Well Monster Inc 2 will be coming out some time soon and Disney expressed in the past they are interested in adding attractions based on franchises so maybe there's still hope.

Turtle

Well maybe a re-location of the Laugh Floor would work inside the Prince Caspian, putting a new title for A Bug's Life Playground. And maybe rather than Monsters, Inc. they could have "Crush's Coaster" like in Paris

Then we have a full Pixar Place with three attractions on three franchises.

G00fyDad

Good lord. Put a question mark on the thread title.

Your title makes it look like you have new news...

Yes. I agree. Your thread post got me excited for a minute. I thought Disney finally made the first decent move with the Pixar Place area since TSM.

Tear out Backlot Tours and put in an indoors Monsters Inc Coaster!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom