Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

menamechris

Whenever this project is brought up I am reminded how pathetic Hollywood Studios is in comparision to what it could be. Get rid of the stupid hat and develop the theme park already. I mean, seriously, its been over 20 years...

G00fyDad

Whenever this project is brought up I am reminded how pathetic Hollywood Studios is in comparision to what it could be. Get rid of the stupid hat and develop the theme park already. I mean, seriously, its been over 20 years...

Wow. I feel old. :( I was actually at the grand opening of Disney-MGM Studios. LOL My father was transfered to Jacksonville, FL that year and a friend of mine suggested we drive down. Man I feel a mid-life crisis coming on... :fork:

Dear Disney,

Here is a franchise-based ride we actually want.

The fans.

Seriously, I think everyone wanted a ride based on that scene once the film was released. It's a golden idea that just needs a green light. Why not rip out the backlot tour and do something similar to what TDL did and build Monsters, Inc. building like in the film? It'd be like an EPCOT pavilion, with the relocated Laugh Floor and then the door warehouse coaster. The playground could be re-themed to A Bug's Life without much effort.

Viola.

menamechris

Dear Disney,

Here is a franchise-based ride we actually want.

The fans.

Seriously, I think everyone wanted a ride based on that scene once the film was released. It's a golden idea that just needs a green light. Why not rip out the backlot tour and do something similar to what TDL did and build Monsters, Inc. building like in the film? It'd be like an EPCOT pavilion, with the relocated Laugh Floor and then the door warehouse coaster. The playground could be re-themed to A Bug's Life without much effort.

Viola.

LOL I'll sign my name to this too!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It's kind of pathetic that Pixar "Place" consists of one attraction, a meet and greet, a merch cart, and two bathrooms.

The idea of a themed Pixar area is a gold mine.

MarkTwain

Just a tip: if you hover your mouse over the thread title on the main page, a popup will give you the first few lines of text, preventing future disappointments.

At least that's how it works on my computer. :shrug:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is there any recent news on the Monsters, Inc. Coaster?

:( I'm sad to see that it faded away from WDI's priorities.

And also where would Pixar Place be expanded because it needs more land for this ride.

Don't blame WDI. They do what they're told (most of the time)

Ex-Floridian

Wow. I feel old. :( I was actually at the grand opening of Disney-MGM Studios. LOL My father was transfered to Jacksonville, FL that year and a friend of mine suggested we drive down. Man I feel a mid-life crisis coming on... :fork:

Don't fell bad! I am a NYer who lived in Jax for 19 years and now back in MA. But I too remember when MGM opened! And yes, we are getting old!

Cornballman

I too was there the year it opened. Makes me feel old and I was just a kid!

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see the backlot studio tour wiped out? I fondly remember it as a kid with the bee ride and green screen, and my mom getting soaked in the water tank. I went back this year and it was totally different. I think that ride could be so awesome, yet half of it was gone.

I'm all about a pixar place expansion, and even taking the Honey I Shrunk the kids set could be transformed into a bugs life, but I really would hate to see the Backlot Studio Tour taken out!

misterID

I'm still wondering why the INDY ride isn't in the studios yet. If Shanghai is getting a new one, why doesn't TDO jump on a clone?

mickeyminiemom

I too was there the year it opened. Makes me feel old and I was just a kid!

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see the backlot studio tour wiped out? I fondly remember it as a kid with the bee ride and green screen, and my mom getting soaked in the water tank. I went back this year and it was totally different. I think that ride could be so awesome, yet half of it was gone.

I'm all about a pixar place expansion, and even taking the Honey I Shrunk the kids set could be transformed into a bugs life, but I really would hate to see the Backlot Studio Tour taken out!

Yes it use to be such a great tour but now it stinks!! We rode it for the first time in several trips this past summer and was totally bummed about the Golden Girls house being gone. When did that happen??

PhilharMagician

Yes it use to be such a great tour but now it stinks!! We rode it for the first time in several trips this past summer and was totally bummed about the Golden Girls house being gone. When did that happen??

When LMA was added.

The Backlot tour was great when it was a 1/2 day tour thru the making of movies. Today it is not even a shadow of what it once was and really should be renamed since technically there really is no studio backlot anymore

tl77

It's kind of pathetic that Pixar "Place" consists of one attraction, a meet and greet, a merch cart, and two bathrooms.

The idea of a themed Pixar area is a gold mine.

I think it's kinda funny that Pixar Place only has one real Pixar attraction, but Tomorrowland has two

Cornballman

I remember the Dog Diner from Rocketeer! And seeing way more of the costume shop, and set design shop. So disappointing!

Gregoryp73

I'm still wondering why the INDY ride isn't in the studios yet. If Shanghai is getting a new one, why doesn't TDO jump on a clone?

Unfortunately, I think that the reasoning would be that because the ride is similar to Dinosaur in AK...I think that they wouldn't want to pull traffic or replicate within the same locale. I don't think we'll see a radiator springs racers in Orlando either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom