Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Disneyboy17

Disney was able to hide the Avatar expansion very well, so I'm assuming something will be coming for DHS, but either way it will only be after all of the new fantasyland is completed,

I was told that this project was a go when I created a different thread! Has the Avatar project been cut?

07vanquish

As far as I know, Disney never officially announced the coaster, but no Avatar is still a go, all I'm saying is that Disney hide Avatar really well so who knows what they're planning,

As far as I know, Disney never officially announced the coaster, but no Avatar is still a go, all I'm saying is that Disney hide Avatar really well so who knows what they're planning,
That's because the Imagineers didn't even know they were going to be tasked with building Pandora. When Disney made the announcement, they didn't have any details because the contract had literally just been signed between Iger and Cameron. At that point, no real design plans had been made. We've had some speculation about location and possible attractions, but I still don't think we've heard anything concrete. If I'm not mistaken, construction is supposed to start sometime in 2013/2014.

Captain Chaos

I'm surprised the Insiders on here don't give out more info to the fans!

They can't always report what they know... And the insiders we have here don't just give out info for the sake of it... Lee is even on record as saying he makes sure that 1) he CAN disclose information and 2) the information is legit... If he feels it isn't legit, he doesn't report...

aladdin2007

They can't always report what they know... And the insiders we have here don't just give out info for the sake of it... Lee is even on record as saying he makes sure that 1) he CAN disclose information and 2) the information is legit... If he feels it isn't legit, he doesn't report...

True and they give us a lot more than they really have to so Im thankful that they take the time to share what they can when they can.

aladdin2007

It's not that I'm not thankful it's just I haven't heard any really big rumors lately an it's eating me from the insides :ROFLOL:

I agree its kind of quiet in terms of new rumors (I didnt mean to aim any unthankfulness at you), but would love to know whats going on in Imagineerings halls. They have a lot of great ideas most likely but TDO refuses to purchase anything. I wouldnt mind seeing some things fixed before more big construction projects, but instead they are spending on all this nextgen stuff when things of more importance need attention, yet they are determined to focus on queues and not the actual attraction(s). :brick: :lookaroun

Megavolt

Disney didn't "hide" anything. They literally announced it as soon as the deal was struck. Joe Rhode (principal designer of DAK) didn't even know about it. The reason why nothing has been leaked is because it is still very blue sky, which is also why it is going to be so long before the area opens, if it does.

Disneyboy17

I agree its kind of quiet in terms of new rumors (I didnt mean to aim any unthankfulness at you), but would love to know whats going on in Imagineerings halls. They have a lot of great ideas most likely but TDO refuses to purchase anything. I wouldnt mind seeing some things fixed before more big construction projects, but instead they are spending on all this nextgen stuff when things of more importance need attention, yet they are determined to focus on queues and not the actual attraction(s). :brick: :lookaroun

No worries, I totally agree with you my biggest fear for Disney is that other local attractions will defeat the success they have an fingers cross they will continuously have! Universal has been nailing Disney with new rides an experiences the last couple of months an continue to expand! TDO needs to realize they can't just purchase things for the sake of keeping up with Harry Potter an Dumbeldore, they need to invest annually an have the parks evolve! Really nothing tremendously has changed at Epcot or the Studios or even at Animal kingdom since 2006! Universals attractions team is nailing Disney an it's funny that there going to open a new 3'00 parade something that they don't typically don't do ! Theyre doing it to give Disney another jab ! I have seen the floats they are amazing an beat anything that's rolled down Main Street U.S.A! __It's really upsetting an gives a small tear in my eye that the Parks arnt evolving like they should be! Disney needs to step up there game an stop adding this bang on a carrot crap in the ques, yes the fans love ques an your theming an no we don't want you spending 1 billion on these freakin ques! We want to see attraction buildings going up an not character meet n greets! Clearly if Disney doesn't listen to its fans then it doesn't listen to anyone! God I'm so fired up right now I need a Dole Whip an a main street cinnamon role!

Disneyboy17

Disney didn't "hide" anything. They literally announced it as soon as the deal was struck. Joe Rhode (principal designer of DAK) didn't even know about it. The reason why nothing has been leaked is because it is still very blue sky, which is also why it is going to be so long before the area opens, if it does.

I doubt Joe Rhode didn't know about this, clearly if you help design a park you know what's going in there!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I doubt Joe Rhode didn't know about this, clearly if you help design a park you know what's going in there!

Yeah, you'd think but I'm pretty sure that the announcement was as much a surprise to the Imagineers as it was to the general public, since there was ZERO artwork or details about it.

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, you'd think but I'm pretty sure that the announcement was as much a surprise to the Imagineers as it was to the general public, since there was ZERO artwork or details about it.

As I've stated before, Joe and a small team at WDI knew about it well in advance of the announcement. There was/is some early, rough art which was used to help get Cameron on board.
Most likely we'll never see that art unless it turns up in a coffee table book.

NoChesterHester

As I've stated before, Joe and a small team at WDI knew about it well in advance of the announcement. There was/is some early, rough art which was used to help get Cameron on board.

Do you know if there is any new artwork or concepts floating around yet?

aladdin2007

OOOO a new coffee table book please, I want I want already!!! :wave: Can I veer off track a sec? Remember awhile back they were selling a hardcover book called Disney World Then Now and Forever? Its been gone awhile now but I thought they would publish a new version like they have always done every other year or so, but no such style book seems to exist anymore. Kinda have collected them all myself. I know there is the Art of Walt Disney World, that huge big book, but would love to see a new version of the hardcover souvineer books. Okay sorry for going off topic, your vehicle will begin moving immediately, remain seated please. thank you

raven

I'm surprised the Insiders on here don't give out more info to the fans!

Quite often they are ridiculed on these boards leading them to keep a tighter lid on what they know and only share with other insiders. It's not that they don't want to share. Just choose not to tell all.

Disneyboy17

Quite often they are ridiculed on these boards leading them to keep a tighter lid on what they know and only share with other insiders. It's not that they don't want to share. Just choose not to tell all.

I appreciate anyone with inside information its ashame people ridicule you guys! I'd love to hear even a clue of some new rumors I'm dying here for something since I'm not really into the FLE or Avatar! Please someone in the know tell us fans something

wannabeBelle

Hi All, A big thanks to Lee and our other insiders who give us reliable information when they can, it is vastly appreciated. While I Am certainly excited for the Avatar Project and of course the Fantasyland Expansion, the Studios definitely need some love too. There are some great things here, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Star Tours, and of course Mulch, Sweat & Shears, however there are some things that need to be revamped such as the Animation attraction or scrapped altogether such as the Backlot Tour. I loved that attraction when it was first out, but it is a shadow of itself in it's new incarnation. It is a little sad for those of us who remember the whole attraction as it was in the beginning. Toy Story Mania is of course a great ride and I'd love the see the Monsters Inc Dark ride from CA put in as a part of that area. Any chance of a clone of that? Thanks again! Marie

Disneyboy17

Hi All, A big thanks to Lee and our other insiders who give us reliable information when they can, it is vastly appreciated. While I Am certainly excited for the Avatar Project and of course the Fantasyland Expansion, the Studios definitely need some love too. There are some great things here, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Star Tours, and of course Mulch, Sweat & Shears, however there are some things that need to be revamped such as the Animation attraction or scrapped altogether such as the Backlot Tour. I loved that attraction when it was first out, but it is a shadow of itself in it's new incarnation. It is a little sad for those of us who remember the whole attraction as it was in the beginning. Toy Story Mania is of course a great ride and I'd love the see the Monsters Inc Dark ride from CA put in as a part of that area. Any chance of a clone of that? Thanks again! Marie

Marie this is the latest rumor from Screamscape for the studios

2013/2014/2015 - MuppetVision 2 - Rumor - (1/24/11) Keep in mind that this concept is only just an idea within the Mouse’s house of ideas with no set timeline. I’m hearing that give the popularity the Muppets are starting to recieve once again, WDI is starting to come up with ideas that could be used to make an all new MuppetVision 4D film to replace the old current film which is now 20 years old and revitalize the Muppets attraction once again in California and Florida for the next two decades. I’m told that this idea is one being pitched as part of the second wave of improvements WDI wants to make to California Adventure once they finish the current crop with the opening of Cars Land in 2012. Stay tuned!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom