Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

BriEcho3194

A link to a site that had photos from some additions to One Man's Dream.
Same old Shanghai art, same old FLE art. A computer visualization of Mermaid's building which shows a gift shop which may not actually get built.

Where is this site you speak of? lol It sounds cool

MissMorrow

what would be interesting is if they took the indy live show out and put in an indy coaster kind of like the mine car scene in the 2nd movie.

Am I the only one who likes the show? :confused: As cheesy as it is, it's always entertaining, to me at least, can't say that about LMA. I'd be happy with an updated show.

NoChesterHester

Am I the only one who likes the show? :confused: As cheesy as it is, it's always entertaining, to me at least, can't say that about LMA. I'd be happy with an updated show.

I love the Indiana Jones movies. They have transcended into classics. (MINUS THE CRYSTAL SKULL DISASTER)

I like the stunt show and don't want to see it go away. The first scene is as good as it gets still. It needs an update however and in the update it needs to become a story based show and remove all the fake filming stuff. No one believes they are filming. The working studio stick doesn't work anymore.

no, you aren't the only one that liked it. Our family liked it too when we went in 09 but it's just something that once you've seen it, you really don't need to see it again.

We are planning on going back to Disney World next year in March or May (depending on if my parents want to go with us) and therefore I have started a checklist of things we want to do and things we can skip to make time for others......Indy was on my kids' list to skip! lol

We have all agreed we would rather spend the extra time we would spend watching Indy, waiting in line for TSM. (we've never done it yet due to long lines)

WDWisAMAZING

I've only seen the show once and it was pretty good. But, isn't the show like 45 minutes long or am i mistaken? It can get pretty hot sitting there all that time, especially in the summer.

PalisadesPkteer

Why must a new ride be a coaster?

It appears that many on this site keep saying more coasters. If a few are added fine.

But there are many Disney fans with kids.(I do not have kids myself. I am not even married) There needs to be rides for this group because of ride height restrictions.

I feel they do need to develop dark rides as well. Yes, some things could be very cool with coaster type ride experience. But lets not get carried away here.

Disney needs to develop (or use copies of their other parks) ride systems (Pooh's Hunny Hunt is that the name?) so the whole family can enjoy.

I like some coasters but not the "extreme" ones that I guess many of you on here like.

Let us not become 6 Flags OK!

RunnerEd

It appears that many on this site keep saying more coasters. If a few are added fine.

But there are many Disney fans with kids.(I do not have kids myself. I am not even married) There needs to be rides for this group because of ride height restrictions.

I feel they do need to develop dark rides as well. Yes, some things could be very cool with coaster type ride experience. But lets not get carried away here.

Disney needs to develop (or use copies of their other parks) ride systems (Pooh's Hunny Hunt is that the name?) so the whole family can enjoy.

I like some coasters but not the "extreme" ones that I guess many of you on here like.

As others have stated on other forums, the reason that Toy Story Mania is always so crowded is because it is the ONLY ride in DHS that is "low and slow." You're exactly right; big E-tickets are great but that park need 3 or 4 more "C-D" type attractions in different areas, including Pixar Place.

NewfieFan

A link to a site that had photos from some additions to One Man's Dream.
Same old Shanghai art, same old FLE art. A computer visualization of Mermaid's building which shows a gift shop which may not actually get built.

What happened to the gift shop (is it Triton's Treasure's?)? That would be the last thing I would expect them to cut out!

I totally agree with you. I don't have kids, but if I did have little ones, I would skip DHS all together.

DHS is my least favorite park. I think it has enough thrill rides with ToT and RnRC. I hope that if they do build a Monsters Inc coaster, it is more of a 40" height requirement type ride.

I think they should move the Jedi Training Academy indoors. It is more popular than Sounds Dangerous ever was.

I also think Voyage of the Little Mermaid needs to be replaced in a year or two. After seeing the ride at DCA, it covers the same scenes.

It also needs one really good QS restaurant.

Yes, DHS needs some serious work! Another QS indoors (with A/C) would be nice!
I would like the Monsters Inc. ride to have no height requirement at all but if that was the case I guess it wouldn't be a coaster!?!

Lee

Adventurer
What happened to the gift shop (is it Triton's Treasure's?)? That would be the last thing I would expect them to cut out!
Agreed.
However, I've looked very closely at the latest set of plans I have for that area....no Triton's Treasures.
They show a "DVC Cart" and a "Merchandise Cart" in that general location. The plans were issued in February so something changed, either before then or after...

Here is a photo of the visualization I was talking about:

Attachments

• tritons.jpg
    tritons.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 134

vinnya1726

I could not agree more, as a parent of two little children HS does not give us enough rides for younger children to enjoy. More rides need to be developed in this park and not just thrill rides. Disney was created as a family park, rides that are targeted toward one group of people who want extreme thrills is not what Walt wanted. Another coaster would be fine in HS...and if it is a big thrill ride that is great but this park needs more than that. 90 minutes to wait TSM is out of control.

Jakester

I could not agree more, as a parent of two little children HS does not give us enough rides for younger children to enjoy. More rides need to be developed in this park and not just thrill rides. Disney was created as a family park, rides that are targeted toward one group of people who want extreme thrills is not what Walt wanted. Another coaster would be fine in HS...and if it is a big thrill ride that is great but this park needs more than that. 90 minutes to wait TSM is out of control.

Walt wanted a place where the parents and the kids could have fun together.. I dont think a couple rides targeted to older age groups is that bad. and i cant say how many times ive seen young kids riding BOTH Rockin and Tower

RSoxNo1

I know, I know - a fastpass debate and I didn't join in. I have an excuse, I was without internet access all weekend.

They could seriously help the wait problem TODAY if they just removed Fastpass.

See California Adventure for proof.

Removing Fastpass would just make it worse.

With respect, for an "insider" this statement implies you have very little "inside" information. FastPass creates lines - not lessens them.

This was regarding TSMM - Here's the difference. DHS has 6 rides in the park and a much higher annual attendance. Only 3 of those 6 rides are "family friendly" and TSMM is far and away the highest demand of the three. Comparatively, in DCA there are several more family friendly rides (admittedly prior to Little Mermaid only Monster's Inc was anything noteworthy), but it is also right across the street from Disneyland.

The demand for TSMM is lower in DCA than it is in Disney World. In my opinion, any D ticket or higher attraction that has waits over 40 minutes should offer Fastpass.

Fastpass and what it does to lines is complicated and cannot be easily grouped into 'fastpass creates lines' or 'fastpass lessens lines'. There are many variables that need to be accounted for, including ride system, load time, number of fastpasses, etc.

I would say, that if you want to generalize, that Fastpass redistributes lines. Some attractions it improves them, some it makes them worse. TSM is worse for having Fastpass, probably. But as its the 'must do' for the park, theres nothing to say that all those people wouldn't just stand in the line anyway. The problem with TSM is the slow load time and low OHRC.

Or what if they got rid of standby and made it a fastpass only attraction? Sure you wouldnt be able to ride it whenever you want, but you can't do that anyway! So why not? Atleast this way the fastpasses would last until the evening. I wonder if TDO has even considered this.

Interesting idea. I guess we might see something like this after Dumbo 2.0 opens and they can see how well it works/doesn't work.

Per Lee, Dumbo will have this new Standby non-queue as well as Fastpass.

Did Star Tours help with the line at all?

Not from what I have seen. As most people have pointed out it is leaps and bounds the best attraction at DHS with no height restriction. The only thing that will really help is an attraction or attractions of similar quality that everyone in the family can ride. ST 2.0 could no be that ride.

Star Tours is an adult (in the Disney sense, 10 years and older) ride. It's certainly a welcome addition to the park, but it's probably hurting the TSMM Fastpass distribution time, not helping it.

To further explain, the original Star Tours wasn't bringing guests into that park, Star Tours 2.0 is bringing guests into that park (although not as many as Disney would like). Because Toy Story appeals to the masses, those masses that are now coming as a result of Star Tours 2.0 want to ride Toy Story.

TSMM is the Studios' only family-friendly ride (not show) with characters kids recognize.

For all its faults, DCA already had plenty of other things for kids to do when TSMM opened. Wait times in the Studios won't go down until the park gets more rides.

There really isn't a whole ton in DHS for the kiddos to do other than the shows or TSM. DHS needs another family friendly ride to help spread out the congestion of TSM. The low capacity and slow load times at TSM don't do anything to help the problem either.. DHS definitely needs something whether it be a Monster Inc coaster or something completely new.

This is the biggest thing. One of the faults with parks like DHS and DAK was the attraction lineup. Even DCA opened up with a roster of B-Ticket attractions to fill some gaps, sure they're mediocre at best but it was something.

Monsters Inc Coaster and AK expansion and Im a happy man. :king:

I would much rather see Ride and Go Seek or an original family concept in DHS/Pixar Place

I totally agree with you. I don't have kids, but if I did have little ones, I would skip DHS all together.

DHS is my least favorite park. I think it has enough thrill rides with ToT and RnRC. I hope that if they do build a Monsters Inc coaster, it is more of a 40" height requirement type ride.

I think they should move the Jedi Training Academy indoors. It is more popular than Sounds Dangerous ever was.

I also think Voyage of the Little Mermaid needs to be replaced in a year or two. After seeing the ride at DCA, it covers the same scenes.

It also needs one really good QS restaurant.

On the most recent park map I saw, Jedi Training Academy isn't listed as a numbered attraction. Many people experience this show by accident. The thought of moving it into the Sounds Dangerous theater would only work if they actually labeled it on the map. You would be surprised how much that makes a difference to the casual guest.

No, not at all. I was in WDW from 7/6-7/15 and the line for TSMM was usually at 70 minutes at 9:30am morning whenever I went over to DHS. Most FPs were gone by mid morning. The area is just crazy and congested.

They need to set up a temporary queue for early morning Fastpass acquisition in the area between TSMM and Narnia. The fact that this spills out into a narrow walkway, and has continued to do so for 2+ years is moronic.

Fastpass doesn't create people... DCA is a poor analogy. Compare ToT waits between the parks and you see DCA's overall ride demand is just so lower compared to DHS because of the park's split of shows/rides and it's overall popularity.

For the rest of the thread.. why remove any of the existing attractions? Rip out the stuff that really has no purpose anymore.. the 'studios' and backlot tour and you have a whole other 1/3rd of the park to work with.

Imagine a Radiator Springs Racer type attraction brought to the park.. that would help the lines.

Even Radiator Springs Racers wouldn't completely do the trick - You would need Luigi's Flying Tires and Mater's Junkyard Jambaree as well, and you would probably need to add Fastpass to at least one of those.

menamechris

I think its pretty safe to say that Disney was trying to use HS to compete with IoA. This was at least the impression given all the coasters and then the proposed MI coaster.

Personally, I am fine with that. I think HS naturally appeals to a young adult (and adult) audience. I think most children would find it rather boring and uninspiring (I know I did as a kid). With that said - who knows what direction Disney wants the park to take from a business and moneymaking standpoint. I'll be happy if they just do something...

lebeau

I think its pretty safe to say that Disney was trying to use HS to compete with IoA. This was at least the impression given all the coasters and then the proposed MI coaster.

Personally, I am fine with that. I think HS naturally appeals to a young adult (and adult) audience. I think most children would find it rather boring and uninspiring (I know I did as a kid). With that said - who knows what direction Disney wants the park to take from a business and moneymaking standpoint. I'll be happy if they just do something...

DHS has a number of identity crises going on. It's kind of a hot mess with regards to theme. Half the park pretends it's still a "working studio" and half has given up on the idea. But the biggest split to me is between age groups.

On the one hand, DHS is Disney's thrill park with ToT and RnR and to a lesser extent, Star Tours. But those three rides are hardly enough to satisfy the average thrill jukie.

On the other hand, DHS is the home of Disney Jr, the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. There's lots of stuff there to lure in not just kids, but little kids. But when they get there, there's only 1 ride designed for them and it has the longest lines on property. Not to mention, it's really more suited to their older siblings anyway.

In general, the park just needs more rides period. But more than anything, it needs a few C and D tickets with no height restriction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom