Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

yoyoflamingo

The one thing they don't need to do (and probably won't based on the recent refurb) is remove One Man's Dream. It's a great tribute to Walt, and it's also a nice exhibit that seems to be leaning towards a Blue Sky Cellar type atmosphere, which is totally welcome by me. :)

The one thing they don't need to do (and probably won't based on the recent refurb) is remove One Man's Dream. It's a great tribute to Walt, and it's also a nice exhibit that seems to be leaning towards a Blue Sky Cellar type atmosphere, which is totally welcome by me. :)

They could make on of the Hollywood type buildings(one of the buildings on the street going to TOT) bigger a turn it into a smaller One mans dream thing/Blue sky cellar type thing

El Grupo

Rather frustrating to know that DHS serves a larger audience annually. However, DCA will soon have an entire new land with 3 additional rides plus the BV street and Paradise Pier refurb. to go along with the already 25+ attractions/shows.

A Monsters Inc. coaster would be great. But should be one of several additions. I'd love to see an Incredibles attraction, potentially an Up aerial ride (possibly a skyway, but this may be better suited for AK), Star Wars live show to replace Indy, an Indy ride and more.

Rather frustrating to know that DHS serves a larger audience annually. However, DCA will soon have an entire new land with 3 additional rides plus the BV street and Paradise Pier refurb. to go along with the already 25+ attractions/shows.

A Monsters Inc. coaster would be great. But should be one of several additions. I'd love to see an Incredibles attraction, potentially an Up aerial ride (possibly a skyway, but this may be better suited for AK), Star Wars live show to replace Indy, an Indy ride and more.

All together: DHS needs much more rides+shows. Retheming Streets of America would be great! they could move pizza planet were it needs to be Pixar Place. Muppets Vision 3D replaces Sounds Dangerous,and take out SBLT and maye LMA and you got awhole new land and room to expand Pixar Place.

wdwfan4ver

They need to replace OMD

No, they shouldn't. It is a great attraction and shouldn't be down sized. It is an attraction that I go to once while I am at DHS. It has a great movie and all the stuff tribute to Walt him.

What you should have mentioned is Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular needing to be replaced. That attraction never has been updating and its been there since 1989. Indiana Jones has 4 movies and yet the attraction didn't since the attraction opened in 1989.

There is enough space to do a ride and a table service where Indiana Jones is currently at least.

TropicalFig8

The Monster's Inc rollercoaster might be awesome because Pixar Place needs more rides other than TSM. Could they please move Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and Finding Nemo? We don't need familiar faces rides anymore in MK and EPCOT.

Fractal514

Its a verry slim chance Disney will announce this...yea its possible but 50/50 chance right now. i was just on it but then i found it in my history clicked the link but wouldn't let me on the forums??:shrug:

Ok, first off your title is intentionally misleading, you need to cut that crap out right now.

Secondly, a very slim chance = 50/50? We should play cards together sometime...

Obi

what would be interesting is if they took the indy live show out and put in an indy coaster kind of like the mine car scene in the 2nd movie.

MerlinTheGoat

what would be interesting is if they took the indy live show out and put in an indy coaster kind of like the mine car scene in the 2nd movie.

There's one of those at Disneyland Paris- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril. It's a runaway mine train coaster with a single loop. It's not extremely popular due to barebones theming however. Short too. Maybe if it was indoors and had more elaborate show scenes like the ride at California. I'd seriously enjoy that. And it would be a step above just being a clone. Maybe take the swinging mine cart idea from the 7 Dwarves Mine Train coaster cars, assuming the tech would be possible with a faster and more thrilling coaster.

Lee

Adventurer
It's not extremely popular due to barebones theming however.
The theming is actually pretty good for an outdoor coaster.
d-indiana-jones-and-the-temple-of-peril-emerainville.jpg

It's lack of popularity is more likely due to it being one of the most uncomfortable coasters ever built. Not the most painful to ride, but by far the most painful coaster just to sit in.:(

MerlinTheGoat

I agree, looks nice compared to some other outdoors coasters (like Primeval Whirl or even Screamin'). Heck, even Space Mountain, and it's pretty on par with Matterhorn. But that's what people tend to complain about- lack of decent theming (which i don't get much). Never rode it personally, when i last visited DLP i wasn't old enough to ride it. It looks pretty nice though, sad to hear it's uncomfortable (i heard Space Mountain at DLP is horribly uncomfortable too). It's supposed to be very short too.

Nemofinder

I think Pixar place is definately growing. I just hope we don't get a Cars Land clone. As cool as it looks, DHS needs originality just as DCA does. I certainly hope DHS and Epcot get some tcl. Time will tell. Plus those vacant sound stages get me excited.

flynnibus

Premium Member
FastPass creates lines - not lessens them.

Fastpass doesn't create people... DCA is a poor analogy. Compare ToT waits between the parks and you see DCA's overall ride demand is just so lower compared to DHS because of the park's split of shows/rides and it's overall popularity.

For the rest of the thread.. why remove any of the existing attractions? Rip out the stuff that really has no purpose anymore.. the 'studios' and backlot tour and you have a whole other 1/3rd of the park to work with.

Imagine a Radiator Springs Racer type attraction brought to the park.. that would help the lines.

UrbanDonovan

I know that in several weeks my kids will be returning to school so I find solace in the fact that we'll only have to put up with threads and "insiders" like this for a couple of more weeks. :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The theming is actually pretty good for an outdoor coaster.
d-indiana-jones-and-the-temple-of-peril-emerainville.jpg

It's lack of popularity is more likely due to it being one of the most uncomfortable coasters ever built. Not the most painful to ride, but by far the most painful coaster just to sit in.:(

You can say that again! The theming on this almost seems wasted when it is so uncomfortable to ride. Did you ever ride the backwards version? That was interesting LOL

Lee

Adventurer
You can say that again! The theming on this almost seems wasted when it is so uncomfortable to ride. Did you ever ride the backwards version? That was interesting LOL

I didn't get to ride the backwards version...thank god!
It's actually a fun little ride. If only they would invest in some better trains.

Raging Spirits has the same problem. Great theming (thanks to a former poster here) but horrible trains.

It's actually really surprising that they never cloned a version of it for MK. It would do quite well I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom