Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

JimboJones123

They sure do, I can live with Energy but Imagination is deplorable. With TDO at the helm tho neither is going to happen. :(

Deplorable. Really?

The hyperbole on this site is insane sometimes. NOTHING at WDW is deplorable. NOTHING.

Is it a sad shadow of its former self? Yes. Is it the worst dark ride on site? No, not really. The payoff scene at the end with the butterfly effect already make this better than most dark rides at any given park. Especially since it offers more than a simple omnimover -- which by the way is what the big add from FLE is.

I still think that they should look to the Venician in Vegas as an entry to get to the upper floor. Moving walkways and ramps wouldn't be THAT expensive to add, then we would at least have a fully functioning pavilion again without any of the fire safety hazards.

flavious27

Plus, if they can get $15-18 per person for a lunch at the taco stand instead of $7-10 at the burger stand, why wouldn't they want the higher ticket eatery selling more?

Seriously, some of these CS spots are now more expensive than TS 5-7 years ago. Plus, as the taco stand is concerned, tastes better than the TS location. Those are great freakin tacos.

$15 - 18? Chicken tacos with salsa and ships is 11, bottle of soda is 2.5 = 13.50

Double cheeseburger with fries is 8, bottle of soda is 2.5 = 10.50

For that extra $3 bucks, the ingredients are fresher and better.

Well I think that the big D23 expo is this year and we should hear some new announcements then about something.

I know we all hate this, and they are not credible, but I will say it anyway. :)

Back when TSMM was down for refurb I saw a cast member out front of it telling people it was closed. I went up to her and asked her where she thought the New Monster's Inc Coaster will be going. She said to me that it will not be a coaster at all but a ride system similar to Soarin, but in the door scene.

Ken Shultz

Monster's Inc Coaster

Just a thought that Goofy's Barnstormer may become the Monster's Inc. Coaster. It was stated last year that the Barnstormer would be re-themed with the removal of Toon Town.

Alektronic

Well the dining room is very small and the kitchen is too small to handle any of the current Epcot crowds. Also, most of the kitchen equipment is no longer there and the space has been divided for other use like Subway.

The Dining Room and kitchen are the same size as always, but instead of Disney operating it now they contracted it out to Aramark. So the only way they would open Odyssey again would be to a 3rd party. If there was a huge profit in it for Disney then they would do it.

lazyboy97o

Just a thought that Goofy's Barnstormer may become the Monster's Inc. Coaster. It was stated last year that the Barnstormer would be re-themed with the removal of Toon Town.
Goofy's Barnstormer is being rethemed because it is not being removed, it is staying right where it is.

RSoxNo1

Goofy's Barnstormer is being rethemed because it is not being removed, it is staying right where it is.

The theme is also been widely rumored to be a Circus theme, with a renaming to "The Great Goofini"

MAF

Huh? The dining space is the same it always has been. Huge. And Odyssey was always the CMs canteen.

TDO thought putting a false floor into Stargate with a new name would solve FW Easts fast food issues. Wrong.

More proof that "Juan" isn't the insider everyone claims him to be. Next...

SeaCastle

More proof that "Juan" isn't the insider everyone claims him to be. Next...

Actually, I've witnessed every "insider" (save for Martin) on this board be incorrect on at least one occasion. Just because they have one piece of information correct doesn't throw their credibility out the window. :shrug:

flavious27

Correct, it will be rethemed but it would need to fit into the FLE. A Monsters Inc coaster would not be appropriate for FL.

RSoxNo1

Actually, I've witnessed every "insider" (save for Martin) on this board be incorrect on at least one occasion. Just because they have one piece of information correct doesn't throw their credibility out the window. :shrug:

We can all agree that Jim Hill just makes stuff up though, right?

juan

I wouldn't say I'm incorrect. It's a matter of opinion on what the size of the area is.

Since Martin hasn't worked there and I have, I think I may know the area a tad bit better.

flavious27

Not really, he just gets fed misinformation from his "buddies" at WDI whenever they want to push one of their pet projects and the money men said "no".

I was thinking that but when I read the boards year before Jim was like a god and didn't want to get flamed.

I tend to think of disney as really secretive of what they are working on and will plug up leaks fast.

bugsbunny

Oh, I have been wrong :D

Even with inside information or even working/running that department, things get twisted or even downright hijacked overnight. I worked in a company of 75 people and ran operations, yet I would find out that accounting would try to squash things without even telling me or that deals would get made to change what the plans called for, yet nobody remembered to tell me about it. I left that company because of things like that, and ironically, now I work for a company with 65,000 employees where our regional bosses that make big decisions have NO IDEA what our department or division actually does on a daily basis. :ROFLOL:

I can only imagine in Disney this is even worse. You can be told one thing one day and then bean counters or just plain corporate politics from 3 time zones away crushes it without warning or negotiating a middle ground. So in the world of insider information, it sometimes is only valid for as long as it takes to walk down the hall to tell someone about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom