Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

JustInTime

The Soarin' hangar and Rock n' Rollercoaster showbuilding are nearly the same sizes, and a showbuilding that size would require major infrastructure changes in the area (it would not fit into the building that houses Toy Story Midway Mania).

Well, we have all assumed that the current show building would be torn down...

Disney Rocks

I realize WDI is getting money for the FLE and for DCA, so is the Monsters Inc Coaster and expansion of Pixar Place on hold until FLE is all done? Is this idea totally dead?

S

stphnbogert

I realize WDI is getting money for the FLE and for DCA, so is the Monsters Inc Coaster and expansion of Pixar Place on hold until FLE is all done? Is this idea totally dead?

Disney World announced that we're getting Hyperion Wharf and FLE 2012/2013. I think there are still major plans that are in works but Disney doesn't want to get everything all out at once because...

1. Won't have anything new for a while after that.
2. Construction walls in all four parks would look bad.

I dont know if the Monsters Inc. roller coaster is something that would be announced but I believe that something BIG would be announced for the next theme park sometime (6-12 months) after FLE and Hyperion Wharf reopen.

That way there is a steady pace of new and exciting projects hitting Disney World.

wolf359

Delaying an announcement would also prevent stealing thunder from Star Tours 2, which is the big new thing for Hollywood Studios in 2011.

lazyboy97o

I think a coaster would be something could get built in a relatively short span of time. If they can get it open by the end of 2012, they will finally hit the mark in Lasseter's long stated goal of trying to open an attraction and a film at nearly the same time (Monsters, Inc. 2 opens November 2, 2012).

devoy1701

I think a coaster would be something could get built in a relatively short span of time. If they can get it open by the end of 2012, they will finally hit the mark in Lasseter's long stated goal of trying to open an attraction and a film at nearly the same time (Monsters, Inc. 2 opens November 2, 2012).

I agree. It's probably going to be a prefab coaster kit that will just need the thematic elements added to it. And I also agree with the film release being an ideal time for the attraction to open as well.

bgraham34

I do hope that this does happen. I would love for another attraction by Toy Story. I really enjoy the Pixar area they just need more.

RSoxNo1

My understanding is that this is creeping along at a snail's pace, and ideally they'd like a sponsor for the attraction. The reality is though, that there aren't exactly a long list of companies looking to sponsor theme park attractions.

Lee

Adventurer
Last I heard it was still an active project, just sitting on hold until some money frees up. Perhaps in fiscal 2012.
It won't be an off-the-shelf coaster. It will be a custom installation.

S

stphnbogert

Last I heard it was still an active project, just sitting on hold until some money frees up. Perhaps in fiscal 2012.
It won't be an off-the-shelf coaster. It will be a custom installation.

Are there any other active projects for Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom?

lazyboy97o

I agree. It's probably going to be a prefab coaster kit that will just need the thematic elements added to it. And I also agree with the film release being an ideal time for the attraction to open as well.
Even custom roller coasters do not take that long to build. The biggest hurdle will probably be getting inside the existing soundstage infrastructure that is supposedly going to house the attraction.

Lee says money may become available in fiscal year 2012, which begins in October 2011, giving just over a year for the attraction to be built in time to coincide with the second film hitting theaters.

S

stphnbogert

Moving the three marvel rides from IoA and airlifting them to the others parks. :lol:

I imagine the must rumored JII re-do is on that list, and quite high.

LMAO. JII - Figment?

I think that is on the type of the list since it lost its sponsor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom