Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Disney has said a "few surprises"will be announced at D23. Will Disney finally answer the rumors of the Pixar place Expansion?? HWS needs this!! Pixar Place is the smallest "land" in any WDW park.And since MI 2 is coming out don't you think this could be announced.

It would be a very nice announcement!

After just returning from Disney I could not agree more that HS needs to spread out the crowds. I think what Disney needs to do is add both the Monsters Inc Coaster and a high capacity fast moving dark ride to help with the crowds. I think they also need to fill in the area where sounds dangerous is...what a wasted space...to go in July and see an attraction closed and be told it is open only seasonaly is crazy. It makes no sense to have an attraction closed during the busiest season.

Easily something could replace this low down operating,been there forever ride. I wonder what Disney has instore to Replace SD?

DocMcHulk

Easily something could replace this low down operating,been there forever ride. I wonder what Disney has instore to Replace SD?

I believe there was a rumor a while back that it would be used as part of an expanded Star Wars area.

An indoor jedi training thing if I am not mistaken.

A link to a site that had photos from some additions to One Man's Dream.
Same old Shanghai art, same old FLE art. A computer visualization of Mermaid's building which shows a gift shop which may not actually get built.

I heard it might be like the Blue Sky place at DCA that will feature artwork for new things at WDW and behind the wall pics.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They could seriously help the wait problem TODAY if they just removed Fastpass.

See California Adventure for proof.
In all fairness DHS sees around 8,200 more guests per day than DCA, nearly all of which head straight to TSM. I am no expert but I'll wager that that has considerably more to do with the wait time than fastpass.

Kamikaze

With respect, for an "insider" this statement implies you have very little "inside" information. FastPass creates lines - not lessens them.

Fastpass and what it does to lines is complicated and cannot be easily grouped into 'fastpass creates lines' or 'fastpass lessens lines'. There are many variables that need to be accounted for, including ride system, load time, number of fastpasses, etc.

I would say, that if you want to generalize, that Fastpass redistributes lines. Some attractions it improves them, some it makes them worse. TSM is worse for having Fastpass, probably. But as its the 'must do' for the park, theres nothing to say that all those people wouldn't just stand in the line anyway. The problem with TSM is the slow load time and low OHRC.

Scuttle

They could seriously help the wait problem TODAY if they just removed Fastpass.

See California Adventure for proof.

Or what if they got rid of standby and made it a fastpass only attraction? Sure you wouldnt be able to ride it whenever you want, but you can't do that anyway! So why not? Atleast this way the fastpasses would last until the evening. I wonder if TDO has even considered this.

Kamikaze

Or what if they got rid of standby and made it a fastpass only attraction? Sure you wouldnt be able to ride it whenever you want, but you can't do that anyway! So why not? Atleast this way the fastpasses would last until the evening. I wonder if TDO has even considered this.

Interesting idea. I guess we might see something like this after Dumbo 2.0 opens and they can see how well it works/doesn't work.

tirian

TSMM is the Studios' only family-friendly ride (not show) with characters kids recognize.

For all its faults, DCA already had plenty of other things for kids to do when TSMM opened. Wait times in the Studios won't go down until the park gets more rides.

PolynesianPrincess

There really isn't a whole ton in DHS for the kiddos to do other than the shows or TSM. DHS needs another family friendly ride to help spread out the congestion of TSM. The low capacity and slow load times at TSM don't do anything to help the problem either.. DHS definitely needs something whether it be a Monster Inc coaster or something completely new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom