Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

aladdin2007

Yeah I think there's been discussion of JII w/ Figment redo for awhile now and some talk of it being high on the list of things "to do."

Will believe it when I see it, I think its going to be a long time yet, sadly. Awhile back the word was they were going to do something with Energy first. Still hoping for vice versa.

S

stphnbogert

Will believe it when I see it, I think its going to be a long time yet, sadly. Awhile back the word was they were going to do something with Energy first. Still hoping for vice versa.

Yeah either way one or the other would be good. The pavilions need some work.

S

stphnbogert

They sure do, I can live with Energy but Imagination is deplorable. With TDO at the helm tho neither is going to happen. :(

I think they both need equal work. But Energy is going to be a BIG overhaul with it being like a 40min. ride. lol.

Mickey is King

Disney World announced that we're getting Hyperion Wharf and FLE 2012/2013. I think there are still major plans that are in works but Disney doesn't want to get everything all out at once because...

1. Won't have anything new for a while after that.
2. Construction walls in all four parks would look bad.

I dont know if the Monsters Inc. roller coaster is something that would be announced but I believe that something BIG would be announced for the next theme park sometime (6-12 months) after FLE and Hyperion Wharf reopen.

That way there is a steady pace of new and exciting projects hitting Disney World.

I second this notion.:cool:

RSoxNo1

true, shame that prime park real estate is being given to so much convention meeting space, world showplace could be an attraction and so could wonders of life of course.

I completely agree. I understand the need for convention space like the old Millennium Village. That is out of the way. However there's no avoiding The Odyssey or Wonders of Life.

aladdin2007

I completely agree. I understand the need for convention space like the old Millennium Village. That is out of the way. However there's no avoiding The Odyssey or Wonders of Life.

True I forgot about the Odyssey, that could really hold a lot of people for new dining or something. I think one problem is, aside from money and tdo greed, they simply dont know what to do anymore, Ive felt like for awhile now (especially since the rotten treatment of spaceship earth) they dont have the creative wow factor they once had. I hate saying that but things have just become too stagnant and or half baked.

flavious27

Disney World announced that we're getting Hyperion Wharf and FLE 2012/2013. I think there are still major plans that are in works but Disney doesn't want to get everything all out at once because...

1. Won't have anything new for a while after that.
2. Construction walls in all four parks would look bad.

I dont know if the Monsters Inc. roller coaster is something that would be announced but I believe that something BIG would be announced for the next theme park sometime (6-12 months) after FLE and Hyperion Wharf reopen.

That way there is a steady pace of new and exciting projects hitting Disney World.

It is also that there is alot of money being spent outside of wdw, disney's money supply is not endless.

And there are construction/refurb walls up at all 4 gates all of the time.

Imagineer6

I realize WDI is getting money for the FLE and for DCA, so is the Monsters Inc Coaster and expansion of Pixar Place on hold until FLE is all done? Is this idea totally dead?

Well, yes it is held off, but not because of FLE. Monster's Inc. 2 is coming out in 2012. So, now there is controversy regarding that maybe they should wait for the movie to come out, so the coaster will have a deferent story to work around. I recommend listening to episode #21 of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast when Jim Hill joins and discusses this topic:
http://wdwfanboys.com/index.php/podcast/2010/05/02/wdw-fan-boys-podcast-episode-021-05-02-10-disney-world-rumor-run-down

juan

True I forgot about the Odyssey, that could really hold a lot of people for new dining or something. I think one problem is, aside from money and tdo greed, they simply dont know what to do anymore, Ive felt like for awhile now (especially since the rotten treatment of spaceship earth) they dont have the creative wow factor they once had. I hate saying that but things have just become too stagnant and or half baked.

The Odyssey is in no shape to operate as a guest food location. The location is already being used for other necessary food operations in Epcot like cast dining and quick service foods (ie pretzels, turkey legs).

aladdin2007

The Odyssey is in no shape to operate as a guest food location. The location is already being used for other necessary food operations in Epcot like cast dining and quick service foods (ie pretzels, turkey legs).

But thats the point, it should be in shape and used as regular quickservice dining.

lazyboy97o

In my book, this is just excuses because it was easier to take the space and easier to just let it continue. Just like how Fantasyland is now adding dining space to the Magic Kingdom even though, through the years, so much was torn up and out. It's just short sighted thinking.

juan

In my book, this is just excuses because it was easier to take the space and easier to just let it continue. Just like how Fantasyland is now adding dining space to the Magic Kingdom even though, through the years, so much was torn up and out. It's just short sighted thinking.

Well the dining room is very small and the kitchen is too small to handle any of the current Epcot crowds. Also, most of the kitchen equipment is no longer there and the space has been divided for other use like Subway.

Epcot wants people to go to Electric Umbrella or Liberty Inn if they are looking for a burger, but they want them to eat in the countries for all other food. Look at the development at Mexico and Italy. Having another burger joint right next to Mexico (where they want to direct crowds) is not in their financial plans.

lazyboy97o

Well the dining room is very small and the kitchen is too small to handle any of the current Epcot crowds. Also, most of the kitchen equipment is no longer there and the space has been divided for other use like Subway.

Epcot wants people to go to Electric Umbrella or Liberty Inn if they are looking for a burger, but they want them to eat in the countries for all other food. Look at the development at Mexico and Italy. Having another burger joint right next to Mexico (where they want to direct crowds) is not in their financial plans.
Space is always an issue that can be dealt with. The location did not have to stay as is was or keep it's menu. Mexican and pizza are not exactly exotic foods, so it's not like Disney is following a trend for more unfamiliar items. It's just Efficiency trumping Show.

flavious27

But thats the point, it should be in shape and used as regular quickservice dining.

Well part of it houses the first aid station. It is kind of off the beaten path for it to be a qsr and not big enough. There are options in mexico and various carts need test track.

If they do anything to add dining options, it will be a restaurant like at living seas.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well the dining room is very small and the kitchen is too small to handle any of the current Epcot crowds. Also, most of the kitchen equipment is no longer there and the space has been divided for other use like Subway. The location is already being used for other necessary food operations in Epcot like cast dining
Huh? The dining space is the same it always has been. Huge. And Odyssey was always the CMs canteen.

TDO thought putting a false floor into Stargate with a new name would solve FW Easts fast food issues. Wrong.

JimboJones123

Plus, if they can get $15-18 per person for a lunch at the taco stand instead of $7-10 at the burger stand, why wouldn't they want the higher ticket eatery selling more?

Seriously, some of these CS spots are now more expensive than TS 5-7 years ago. Plus, as the taco stand is concerned, tastes better than the TS location. Those are great freakin tacos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom