Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Testtrack321

There's lots of Imagineers in DHS, and Soundstage One is the hub of it all. Is this the new ride getting ready for final approval, or just a pick up in activity for Star Wars weekends? Who knows, but I have reason to believe that WDI is making it's move towards a new attraction. And no, I don't have someone on the WDI inside.

SeaCastle

There's lots of Imagineers in DHS, and Soundstage One is the hub of it all. Is this the new ride getting ready for final approval, or just a pick up in activity for Star Wars weekends? Who knows, but I have reason to believe that WDI is making it's move towards a new attraction. And no, I don't have someone on the WDI inside.

Soundstage 1 is also being used for NextGen testing, and won't affect what will eventually be coming to that area of the park. However, Jim Hill said that walls are marked off for demolition and the track is spray painted onto the floor. Yet another poster said they saw Imagineers outside of the building with blueprints in hand. I tend to believe what Lee posted (about the area being used for NextGen) but perhaps MI is nearing the green-light (if it hasn't already).

Dinardo

I read today on another Disney Website thatpermits were issued for work on Soundstage 1.

I just felt like adding more fuel to the fire. :fork:

But seriously, I did read that.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I read today on another Disney Website thatpermits were issued for work on Soundstage 1.

I just felt like adding more fuel to the fire. :fork:

But seriously, I did read that.

There's been mention of those permits being issued in another thread, but they were for minor work, nothing along the structural lines required for a new coaster. :)

Dinardo

I saw what they were issued for and immediately knew that it was not for a new coaster to be built. But you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs first. Preliminary prep work was what I was alluding to.

But when I saw it, it sure did get my heart beating.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I saw what they were issued for and immediately knew that it was not for a new coaster to be built. But you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs first. Preliminary prep work was what I was alluding to.

05/25/10 Update
It appears that they have yet again filed permits for work in Soundstage 1 at DHS. These are the same permits they have filed a couple of times before, but these are noted to specifically expire on June 30, 2010.

Work includes "structural work for truss & curtains" and "electrical".

A new coaster would take a little longer to complete........

Dinardo

Like I mentioned two threads above - I understand that it is not work for a new coaster.

Jerm

Like I mentioned two threads above - I understand that it is not work for a new coaster.

Cut back on the coffee dude!!!
It is all fun and games here till someone gets hurt from the ladder falling on them or something like that!

Testtrack321

Soundstage 1 is also being used for NextGen testing, and won't affect what will eventually be coming to that area of the park. However, Jim Hill said that walls are marked off for demolition and the track is spray painted onto the floor. Yet another poster said they saw Imagineers outside of the building with blueprints in hand. I tend to believe what Lee posted (about the area being used for NextGen) but perhaps MI is nearing the green-light (if it hasn't already).

Exactly why I said what I know: loads of Imagineers in DHS, in Soundstage 1. Could be for Monsters, could be for something else. I'm thinking Monsters, though now I might consider it more NextGen. I trust Lee though!

Lee

Adventurer
. Could be for Monsters, could be for something else. I'm thinking Monsters, though now I might consider it more NextGen. I trust Lee though!
Thanks.
I was told a while back that the space was going to be used for some Next-Gen testing (mock-ups, etc.) similar to what is going on in Wonders of Life.
I assume that is what is currently happening, as I have yet to hear that MI has been given a green light. Lots of work preliminary work has been done, but nothing major is currently going on with that.

BrerFrog

Thanks.
I was told a while back that the space was going to be used for some Next-Gen testing (mock-ups, etc.) similar to what is going on in Wonders of Life.
I assume that is what is currently happening, as I have yet to hear that MI has been given a green light. Lots of work preliminary work has been done, but nothing major is currently going on with that.

They are using WoL to do Next-Gen testing? That is news to me. :)

Tom

Beta Return

The "truss and curtain" work referenced in the permits seems far more fitting for a meet-n-greet backdrop than anything Jim Hill could come up with (which I couldn't find on his site in any recent articles). Saying that they're spray painting the track layout on the floor of SS1 is pretty silly, at best.

As we've discussed in other threads, SS1 is far too small to house a ride of any significance. If there are any markings on the floor that are supposedly for future track, it could only be as much as would fit in the load/unload area.

While I don't doubt that MI is coming to DHS in some format in the not-too-distant future, I firmly believe that SS1 will be used for something else between now and then - likely a NextGen meet-n-greet. Something with a fancy curtain backdrop like the Disney Visa Character Photo area in Innoventions.

SeaCastle

The "truss and curtain" work referenced in the permits seems far more fitting for a meet-n-greet backdrop than anything Jim Hill could come up with (which I couldn't find on his site in any recent articles). Saying that they're spray painting the track layout on the floor of SS1 is pretty silly, at best.

As we've discussed in other threads, SS1 is far too small to house a ride of any significance. If there are any markings on the floor that are supposedly for future track, it could only be as much as would fit in the load/unload area.

While I don't doubt that MI is coming to DHS in some format in the not-too-distant future, I firmly believe that SS1 will be used for something else between now and then - likely a NextGen meet-n-greet. Something with a fancy curtain backdrop like the Disney Visa Character Photo area in Innoventions.

Jim Hill mentioned this in a podcast, you will not find it on his main site.

You're right about spray painting the track on the ground, now that I think about it, it seems like a fabrication. I misjudged the size of the SS1 building. However, I don't think that SS1 is turning into a meet-and-greet, but more of a temporary laboratory for Imagineers working on NextGen, but that's just my guess (and I've been wrong before.)

Tom

Beta Return
Jim Hill mentioned this in a podcast, you will not find it on his main site.

You're right about spray painting the track on the ground, now that I think about it, it seems like a fabrication. I misjudged the size of the SS1 building. However, I don't think that SS1 is turning into a meet-and-greet, but more of a temporary laboratory for Imagineers working on NextGen, but that's just my guess (and I've been wrong before.)

Gotcha.

Maybe the "truss and curtain" work is actually to remove the set from the old Sorcerer Mickey meet-n-greet.

SeaCastle

Maybe the "truss and curtain" work is actually to remove the set from the old Sorcerer Mickey meet-n-greet.

I'm not well versed in construction/engineering jargon but that makes a lot of sense...certainly a lot more than those permits signaling the construction of the ride and the Jim Hill rumor. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom