Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

UnrealFire

but i'm not concerned on new rides that aren't going to replace anything, what about backlot tour, tiki room, wonders of life, what's going to happen to test track? that's what im afraid of, test track is the 3rd most expensive ride to mantain, and it's been awarded the #1 ride to break down in florida :)

And #1 most expensive to build: $100,000,000+

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
And #1 most expensive to build: $100,000,000+

True, true... but it's also the #2 most complicated attraction to control, that being Stitch's Great Escape in #1 :brick:

also it costs over 3,000 dollars to maintain the turning car shows inside the main PAVILION :) I say they stop making epcot a thrill park, and GO BACK TO DARK RIDES! :D

In the thread about new patents, Disney has requested a patent on a new car pivoting system that will allow 2 cars to either be side by side or behind one another to simulate racing. I'm hoping this technology comes to life somewhere at WDW, but have a hunch it's for Radiator Springs.

The tech on Radiator Springs will be "new"? Please tell me more...

Mickey_777

In the thread about new patents, Disney has requested a patent on a new car pivoting system that will allow 2 cars to either be side by side or behind one another to simulate racing. I'm hoping this technology comes to life somewhere at WDW, but have a hunch it's for Radiator Springs.

That sounds fantastic but I can't think how it could be applied in an eventual Test Track refurb/update...

jjharvpro

This just popped into my head. . .
I was in Disney with another family over Spring Break 2010. We were in line for Star Tours and he started to talk about one of his friends. He used to be a cast member. He said that the Imagineers were planning on a Monsters Inc. thrill attraction based on the door theme from the film(Monsters Inc.-Disney/Pixar) This might not even be true, but was wondering if any of you all heard something related to this, or have never heard of it, or for sure know that it's not true. Post replies :)

UnrealFire

This just popped into my head. . .
I was in Disney with another family over Spring Break 2010. We were in line for Star Tours and he started to talk about one of his friends. He used to be a cast member. He said that the Imagineers were planning on a Monsters Inc. thrill attraction based on the door theme from the film(Monsters Inc.-Disney/Pixar) This might not even be true, but was wondering if any of you all heard something related to this, or have never heard of it, or for sure know that it's not true. Post replies :)

That is a valid unconfirmed rumor with much discussion lately.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yep its long been rumored (since around late 2007). Do a quick search here and you will find lots of threads on the subject.

As of right now, it is still pending.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom