Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Jasonflz

There's one thing I really don't get, though, and that is Hong Kong. 2 out of 3 of their new lands will be original takes on original old classics. I don't get why that seems ti be fine over there, but here, it's very rare in happening. Is it the Hong Kong culture? The fact that HKDL NEEDS these staples, or something else entirely?

I'd love to see that style of work over here.

I think they are in desperate need of expansion and are using original lands to compensate. We are still better off.

Lee

Adventurer
It really sucks that the imagineers can't actually make the attractions without the approval of those idiots in suits.

That's a real shame. I didn't know that the suits had that much power.
The suits have all the power.

They control the money.
He who has the money, calls the shots.

Look at Imagineering as a custom tailor. When the money guys decide it's time for a new suit, they go the the tailor and say "We want a new suit, in this style, with this type of fit. We will give you $X to pay for it."
The tailor makes the suit to fit the order. They may have other ideas for better, more interesting suits, but they are obligated only to deliver what is ordered.
Sometimes a new and exciting suit catches the eye of the money guys. Then, there is a chance they will order a different, more risky, style. That doesn't happen all that often.

Jasonflz

The suits have all the power.

They control the money.
He who has the money, calls the shots.

Look at Imagineering as a custom tailor. When the money guys decide it's time for a new suit, they go the the tailor and say "We want a new suit, in this style, with this type of fit. We will give you $X to pay for it."
The tailor makes the suit to fit the order. They may have other ideas for better, more interesting suits, but they are obligated only to deliver what is ordered.
Sometimes a new and exciting suit catches the eye of the money guys. Then, there is a chance they will order a different, more risky, style. That doesn't happen all that often.

With the money they make, the suits should just go all out and spend a large amount of money on each park.

EPCOT Explorer

True. TSMM is the only exception.
It is, but it isn't. The nature of the ride needs it, and it's a great ride, but I am always for something more unique.
I think they are in desperate need of expansion and are using original lands to compensate. We are still better off.

We are better off in the sense that we don't need 3 lands added to our MK (or do we?) but in terms of getting unique, new attractions? Not really.

Lee

Adventurer
With the money they make, the suits should just go all out and spend a large amount of money on each park.
Won't happen.
The more they make, while spending as little as possible, means profit. The more profit they make, the more money the shareholders make. The more the shareholders make, the more the suits make. It's circle that gaurantees that the suits will only spend just as much as they have to to keep profits at a maximum level.
They see no reason to spend, say $100, on a huge e-ticket (or full scale refurb:rolleyes:) that may not make it's budget back in increased ticket and merchandise sales.
The suits see the FL expansion as a way to make tons of cash off little girls and their parents. Otherwise, it wouldn't be happening.

Lee

Adventurer
You really do have to wonder about the mindsets for TDO and TDA when it comes to park development, don't you? It's almost appears to be night and day between those two.....
It's the same mindset. Maximize their income by maximizing profits.
The difference is in the two resorts. They function differently due to things like ammount of AP holders vs. "once in a lifetimers".

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The difference is in the two resorts. They function differently due to things like ammount of AP holders vs. "once in a lifetimers".

Yeah, you may be right, unfortunately....

EPCOT Explorer

You really do have to wonder about the mindsets for TDO and TDA when it comes to park development, don't you? It's almost appears to be night and day between those two.....

Even though there are different demographics, the quality of the two resorts should never differ, even if the rate of expansion and amount of events should.

Keep in mind, though...TDA was just as bad as TDO in the early part of this past decade. They got things turned around, though. Maybe we can, too.

EPCOT Explorer

Right, which leads to the same character based type of expansion. Granted though, it's high quality. But not original.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Even though there are different demographics, the quality of the two resorts should never differ, even if the rate of expansion and amount of events should.

Keep in mind, though...TDA was just as bad as TDO in the early part of this past decade. They got things turned around, though. Maybe we can, too.

I just wonder if the desire to make those sort of changes exist in the current TDO managment. I mean, if the tourists continue to show in droves, and they can keep the masses relatively happy with the FL expansion and basic upkeep, then what incentive do they have to make changes similar to those out in DL? No sarcasm here, but genuine wonder and concern....

EPCOT Explorer

I just wonder if the desire to make those sort of changes exist in the current TDO managment. I mean, if the tourists continue to show in droves, and they can keep the masses relatively happy with the FL expansion and basic upkeep, then what incentive do they have to make changes similar to those out in DL? No sarcasm here, but genuine wonder and concern....

I think with recent changes in the management, there is something changing.

The driving force for quality and uniqueness should be their heritage and History as Disney. Sadly, those in charge don't have any regard for that.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think with recent changes in the management, there is something changing.

The driving force for quality and uniqueness should be their heritage and History as Disney. Sadly, those in charge don't have any regard for that.

As you and I both know when it came to LoW.....:(

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That's too recent, and honestly too convoluted to really get the true story for. I do know that it was a blunder, though, and it could have been easily fixed.

You may be right, although for me their willingness just to throw it out with the bath water speaks to the lack of respect for history and tradition....

EPCOT Explorer

You may be right, although for me their willingness just to throw it out with the bath water speaks to the lack of respect for history and tradition....

Oh, that can't be denied at all. The only part of History they seem to like are the parts that they can make money off of. Like the Horizons pins, and the Adventurer's Club Vinylmation.

Disneyland on the other hand? No problem with it...Seeing that they have the AP-ers. Which is something that I find very hard to believe when we have our EPCOT Center and they don't. :lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Oh, that can't be denied at all. The only part of History they seem to like are the parts that they can make money off of. Like the Horizons pins, and the Adventurer's Club Vinylmation.

Disneyland on the other hand? No problem with it...Seeing that they have the AP-ers. Which is something that I find very hard to believe when we have our EPCOT Center and they don't. :lol:

I suppose all we can do is allow time to do its thing and see what the future brings. :shrug:

I'm off to watch some football. Have a good weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom