Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

_Scar

cheap overlay? I wouldn't call it an overlay. And while it may not be as impressive as Tokyo's ride, it's still the best dark ride DLR has seen in decades :shrug: it reminds me of the traditional Disney dark rides like the ones in Fantasyland. Nice effects, interactive Roz, really detailed scenes. It's a cute little ride.. they don't build them like that anymore!

What about IJA?

Hehe, I agree with you though. The dark ride does look like a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to experiencing it.

However, MaSttR is a C-D ticket and RaGS is a D+ - E ticket and are on totally different levels. It's not very fair to compare the two.

RSoxNo1

I would say that Mike and Sully to the Rescue (DCA) is a C ticket (like The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Epcot) and Ride and Go Seek (Tokyo) is at the very least a D+ (like Toy Story Mania), but more likely a notch above, making it an E.

Figment632

I would say that Mike and Sully to the Rescue (DCA) is a C ticket (like The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Epcot) and Ride and Go Seek (Tokyo) is at the very least a D+ (like Toy Story Mania), but more likely a notch above, making it an E.

Agreed those are my thoughts as well MI in DCA and TLS with nemo are both C.

EPCOT Explorer

cheap overlay? I wouldn't call it an overlay. And while it may not be as impressive as Tokyo's ride, it's still the best dark ride DLR has seen in decades :shrug: it reminds me of the traditional Disney dark rides like the ones in Fantasyland. Nice effects, interactive Roz, really detailed scenes. It's a cute little ride.. they don't build them like that anymore!
And much better than SSL. :lol:
I'm surprised that none of you have a problem about Monsters Inc. being in Tomorrowland...
:zipit:

I do. :lol:

Jasonflz

:brick: What happened to the days when DIsney was creative and didn't make rides for selling some plushies.

Monsters, Pixar, and anything else based on a movie is the last thing we need in TL. Buzz is the only exception.

I say, bring a Monsters Inc. attraction to PP, move MILF along with it, and make something creative in that space.

DisneyMusician2

:brick: What happened to the days when DIsney was creative and didn't make rides for selling some plushies.

Monsters, Pixar, and anything else based on a movie is the last thing we need in TL. Buzz is the only exception.

I say, bring a Monsters Inc. attraction to PP, move MILF along with it, and make something creative in that space.

To be fair, Disney ALWAYS made stuff to promote their own company endeavors. It just has increased in the past few years.

I never saw a big problem with MILF in Tomorrowland. I'm not even that offended by the show.

I'm twice as offended by the simple presence of SGE taking up space and passing itself off as an attraction.

Jasonflz

To be fair, Disney ALWAYS made stuff to promote their own company endeavors. It just has increased in the past few years.

I never saw a big problem with MILF in Tomorrowland. I'm not even that offended by the show.

I'm twice as offended by the simple presence of SGE taking up space and passing itself off as an attraction.

True, but it seems that those original attractions were so much more heartfel and well done. Fantasyland and Splash Mountain are two prime examples.

I find many problems with MILF in TL. If it were in DHS I think I could appreciate the show a bit more. I personally don't like the concept. It seems to have limited appeal.

I fully agree with you on SGE. It needs to go. Disney isn't even doing the tv show anymore, and Stitch is starting to fade away in terms of popularity. (though kids and fans still love him)

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed. Where are the "new" Figments? Or the "new" Hoot Gibsons? Or the Timekeepers?

Original characters are lacking, and that's a big problem. It makes the parks so much more unique.

Jasonflz

Agreed. Where are the "new" Figments? Or the "new" Hoot Gibsons? Or the Timekeepers?

Original characters are lacking, and that's a big problem. It makes the parks so much more unique.

Well put. It feels like the Imagineers need to live up to their title and start going back to their roots, using original methods to tell a great story.

Like I have said many times over, and is one of my biggest problems with rides like SGE and MILF, I don't pay to go the parks and see something I can rent off of Netflix. I want something I can't find anywhere else on Earth.

EPCOT Explorer

Well put. It feels like the Imagineers need to live up to their title and start going back to their roots, using original methods to tell a great story.

Like I have said many times over, and is one of my biggest problems with rides like SGE and MILF, I don't pay to go the parks and see something I can rent off of Netflix. I want something I can't find anywhere else on Earth.

That's another huge thing with me....Screens. WAY to common in everyday life, now. I want things that are tangible, real. Not something I can see anywhere.

This is why AA's are so special.

DisneyParksFan1

I think we should get rid of MILF and bring it over to the Monsters Inc. mini land of Pixar Land along with the coaster, that is if Pixar Land ever happens.

Lee

Adventurer
But the problem is, it's not the Imagineers' fault.
They can (and do) design amazing original attractions all the time. But....in order to get them built, they have to get approval from the guys in suits who control the money. Those guys only want to spend money on something that will make money in return, which these days is an attraction that will already have a built in audience and move a lot of merchandise.
So...original ideas, however cool they may be, stand little chance of gaining approval over a tie-in attraction that is sure to bring in the $$$$.

SirGoofy

They can (and do) design amazing original attractions all the time. But....in order to get them built, they have to get approval from the guys in suits who control the money. Those guys only want to spend money on something that will make money in return, which these days is an attraction that will already have a built in audience and move a lot of merchandise.
So...original ideas, however cool they may be, stand little chance of gaining approval over a tie-in attraction that is sure to bring in the $$$$.

What he said.

:brick:

imagineer boy

My biggest problem with MILF is the over all concept. Judging from who the CM's are doing the voices you're either going to get a poor comdy performance, a mediocre one, or once in a blue moon an actually good one. Disney rides should always deliver a good experience, no matter what.

EPCOT Explorer

There's one thing I really don't get, though, and that is Hong Kong. 2 out of 3 of their new lands will be original takes on original old classics. I don't get why that seems ti be fine over there, but here, it's very rare in happening. Is it the Hong Kong culture? The fact that HKDL NEEDS these staples, or something else entirely?

I'd love to see that style of work over here.

Jasonflz

My biggest problem with MILF is the over all concept. Judging from who the CM's are doing the voices you're either going to get a poor comdy performance, a mediocre one, or once in a blue moon an actually good one. Disney rides should always deliver a good experience, no matter what.

:( Agreed. That was the 1st ride my WHOLE family did not like unanimously.

That's a real shame. I didn't know that the suits had that much power.

I think we should get rid of MILF and bring it over to the Monsters Inc. mini land of Pixar Land along with the coaster, that is if Pixar Land ever happens.

:sohappy: Definitely.

That's another huge thing with me....Screens. WAY to common in everyday life, now. I want things that are tangible, real. Not something I can see anywhere.

This is why AA's are so special.

True. TSMM is the only exception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom