Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

WDW1974

When last I heard, it was dead.

I think the rumor-mill has picked up because of Monsters2 becoming a reality, which Jim 'White Mountains' Hill has picked up and run with.

But this was a project that was a definite go before the meltdown and after (well, not after as our economy is still a disaster) so ... let's say since things hit rock bottom and have improved somewhat TDO stated it sees no need to increase park capacity at said park.

So ... I wouldn't count on it.

RSoxNo1

I know that in theory this was meant to be a "Family Coaster", but wouldn't another dark ride (Say, Ride and Go seek) make more sense?

I hate that I'm asking for a clone instead of an original concept, but logically it would seem that DHS is in need of another attraction that the entire family can experience.

Figment632

I know that in theory this was meant to be a "Family Coaster", but wouldn't another dark ride (Say, Ride and Go seek) make more sense?

I hate that I'm asking for a clone instead of an original concept, but logically it would seem that DHS is in need of another attraction that the entire family can experience.

No I think to adress the issues of PS it would have to be the coaster.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

But my family coast together as it is, even my mother at 68 "experienced" Dueling Dragons. Not every family are poultry. :drevil:

DizFanatic

But my family coast together as it is, even my mother at 68 "experienced" Dueling Dragons. Not every family are poultry. :drevil:

I agree with you, but some of us have kids shorter than 54" (like most kids under 8). So "Family" usually includes smaller children. (ie: RnR is not a "Family" coaster)

Any new additions to DHS will be welcome, as long as it's done in real Disney style.

SirGoofy

I'd love Ride and Go Seek.

Of course it would be too expensive for TDO's taste. :rolleyes:

RSoxNo1

No I think to adress the issues of PS it would have to be the coaster.

PS?

I agree that members of my family are wusses. My argument is that right now Hollywood Studios isn't in need of Thrill Rides, it's in need of multiple C/D ticket dark rides. Oddly enough, I think the Magic Kingdom is more in need of a new thrill ride than any of the other parks.

I'd love Ride and Go Seek.

Of course it would be too expensive for TDO's taste. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's somewhat likely - what was the cost of Ride and Go Seek? The research is complete, and they probably wouldn't make the whole Scare Floor building, but I would still assume it would carry a hefty price tag.

_Scar

I've seen the video for Ride and Go Seek. I'm hooked.

One of the best dark rides I've ever seen and they're still adding to it! Wish TDO would put in that effort!

EPCOT Explorer

I've seen the video for Ride and Go Seek. I'm hooked.

One of the best dark rides I've ever seen and they're still adding to it! Wish TDO would put in that effort!

I would think that the Coaster would be like that, if not faster (obviously) and perhaps with a different take on the scenes. But it would be similar.

SirGoofy

I should elaborate on that post. The level of detail in Ride and Go Seek would be wasted on a coaster, especially if it's going to be as short as people have mentioned.

_Scar

I should elaborate on that post. The level of detail in Ride and Go Seek would be wasted on a coaster, especially if it's going to be as short as people have mentioned.

Hate to say it but I'd rather have an enlarged RaGS.... solid dark ride to compete with TSMM. DHS needs dark rides...

_Scar

Can anyone just try and describe what the ride vehicles would look like... I know it's in a door but I can't paint a mental image in my head. Also the HPatFJ ride vehicles. Grr!

When would this ride be announced btw? WDW's D23?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom