Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

_Scar

Wasn't Monster's Inc. drawn up before discussion about FL expansion?

MI was always a rumor that has been chatted up before FL yes, but we don't know how long FLand was on the minds of Imagineers. I think FLand was the right decision though for now if FLand did take Monster funds.

panther726

MI was always a rumor that has been chatted up before FL yes, but we don't know how long FLand was on the minds of Imagineers. I think FLand was the right decision though for now if FLand did take Monster funds.

I agree. I'll take a land expansion over a single ride any day.

raven

How recent is that change? We were all under the impression that it was dead.

"Dead" and "rumor" are two different words. Rumor means that it's been talked about but no one knows if it will actually exist. "Dead" means it does exist but the work has been stopped on the project. I for one know it exists because I have a close friend that works with Barton Malow in Michigan that's been working with Imagineers on it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Monsters is independent of Fland.

It isn`t rumour. It isn`t dead. It isn`t dying. It just needs some running shoes (or to get up off all-fours)

bgraham34

I wonder if they will get the go ahead if the wait time for Toy Story decreases. Right now there should be another attraction in that area plus a Pixar themed restaurant just so it really is a Pixar section.

IWant2GoNow

Monsters is independent of Fland.

It isn`t rumour. It isn`t dead. It isn`t dying. It just needs some running shoes (or to get up off all-fours)

I'm glad to hear it's not completely dead. Just wish it were in the cards a little sooner. "Soon" being around the 40th. Thanks for the revived hope though! Oh, and enjoy your trip! I'm sure that's a given but here's hoping it doesn't rain while you're there. :)

Figment632

Yea I'd rather have FL expansion than MI but after seeing that Star Tours 2 will have pod racing I'd rather have the MI coaster than ST2.

hokielutz

Well...more than rumor.
It's a for-real project that is moving rather slowly at the moment.
(Notice I said "slowly" not "stopped".)

I guess the MK with the new Fantasyland owns the spotlight for the time being. Maybe the Monsters Inc coaster will come up again in a year's time. There certainly is plenty of property available at DHS to work in that ride/attraction.

hokielutz

I wonder if they will get the go ahead if the wait time for Toy Story decreases. Right now there should be another attraction in that area plus a Pixar themed restaurant just so it really is a Pixar section.

yeah... Pixar is a bit disjointed in DHS, with Pixar place on one side of the park, and Pizza Planet on the other side.

IWant2GoNow

Yea I'd rather have FL expansion than MI but after seeing that Star Tours 2 will have pod racing I'd rather have the MI coaster than ST2.

Definitely Fantasyland over Monsters Inc. but Martin said they were separate so why not both? My guess is they found that ST2 was going to cost a bit more than they previously thought and pulled some of the MI funding for that? :shrug: I honestly have no idea. Either that or they just couldn't find a sponsor as quick as they hoped.

I would enjoy MI being added but a lot of people want Disney to fix the old stuff before new stuff is added (which makes sense to me) so I'm glad they are updating ST2 (pod racing and all) before MI is possibly talked about.

DocMcHulk

Based on nothing more than pure tinfoil hat conspiracy level speculation:
I find it interesting that MI got put on ice just weeks before Disney announced the Marvel acquisition.

Now, my belief is you need to finish Pixar Place before you move onto another area.. but ya never know.

Kamikaze

"Dead" and "rumor" are two different words. Rumor means that it's been talked about but no one knows if it will actually exist. "Dead" means it does exist but the work has been stopped on the project. I for one know it exists because I have a close friend that works with Barton Malow in Michigan that's been working with Imagineers on it.

Rumor just means that someone said it. Thats it. Just because something is rumored on the internets doesn't mean Disney has actually discussed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom