Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

SirGoofy

I would much, much rather see an Incredibles attraction than an MI on.

But of course Monsters is getting the sequel, so synergy, synergy, synergy.

I hate that word so, so much.

tomman710

Have you seen the chase scene at the end of MI?

Yes? So? Are we going to be riding on doors? That doesn't make sense. I mean I am sure the Imagineers will make it great and have something up their sleeves but it seems like the Incredibles could be so much more.

Imagine being in a vehicle and being invited to take a tour through their facilities then suddenly you are attacked by some villains prompting the vehicle to give chase ... or something like that, the point is I think Incredibles just lends itself to so many original ideas and concepts.

MI is just the door sequence and thats it really ... again not that it won't be good or great even. I am not down on Monster's Inc. attraction at all ... if I had to pick though I'd go Incredibles then MI ... I am just saying ...

Figment632

Yes? So? Are we going to be riding on doors? That doesn't make sense. I mean I am sure the Imagineers will make it great and have something up their sleeves but it seems like the Incredibles could be so much more.

Imagine being in a vehicle and being invited to take a tour through their facilities then suddenly you are attacked by some villains prompting the vehicle to give chase ... or something like that, the point is I think Incredibles just lends itself to so many original ideas and concepts.

MI is just the door sequence and thats it really ... again not that it won't be good or great even. I am not down on Monster's Inc. attraction at all ... if I had to pick though I'd go Incredibles then MI ... I am just saying ...

I just diasgree MI would make a much better coaster, The Incredibles needs to be some type of dark ride.

ValentineMouse

The Monsters Inc. coaster was definately more than a rumor. Imagineering in Glendale had full models of the coaster a good few months back. Thought they were for the Tokyo Disneyland Monsters Inc. ride at first, but it was definately a suspended rollercoaster (on that topic, I'm sure they're planning to save some money by re-using some Tokyo-designed animatronics if they do get round to building it). No idea what its status is now though, although I will admit it's seeming quite dead.

hwdelien

moz-screenshot.png

Your link is invalid. Can you fix it, I'd like to see it.

ValentineMouse

Your link is invalid. Can you fix it, I'd like to see it.

Actually I have no idea where that came from, I wasn't trying to post a picture! I don't have any pictures of it ... would be pretty major if I did! They're pretty strict at Imagineering with the photography lol, my friend got told off for taking a picture of the *outside* of the warehouse building they were using to test the Star Tours II simulators! You couldn't even see anything lol (but it's still a pretty awesome picture for a Disney geek to have XD).

panther726

Have you seen the chase scene at the end of MI?

Have you seen The Incredibles? The entire movie is like that! I personally think The Incredibles was the best Pixar movie ever. An Incredibles coaster would be better, but the movie has pretty much died out, unfortunately...

Figment632

Have you seen The Incredibles? The entire movie is like that! I personally think The Incredibles was the best Pixar movie ever. An Incredibles coaster would be better, but the movie has pretty much died out, unfortunately...

I just dont see a coaster, like I said and Intense dark ride like Dinosaur or Spiderman in Uni would be great!

panther726

I just dont see a coaster, like I said and Intense dark ride like Dinosaur or Spiderman in Uni would be great!

I could see that. But MI probably appeals to a wider audience. A dark ride appeals to all ages. Coasters usually appeal to the older audience, like The Incredibles.

Figment632

I could see that. But MI probably appeals to a wider audience. A dark ride appeals to all ages. Coasters usually appeal to the older audience, like The Incredibles.

Well the only way I could see an Incredibles coaster is if it were like The Mummy or Crush Coaster in DLP. You would have to move slower to see everything and understand whats going on.

DisneyparkFreak

I was reading the Disney BlueSky Blog and noticed an article saying that the MInc Coaster was only shelved temporarily, but since attendance has started to pick up again that there was a possibility this could be back on... Can the insiders confirm/deny this?

Also just out of curiosity how long would it take them to build an attraction of this scale? Just wondering.

misterID

I think there is a certain someone in Disney who would want Pixar Place to live up to its name. This thing has a good chance of happening, imo.

the-reason14

It'd be better if disney would spend money on stuff like this than the new "interactive" thing that they are supposedly shelving billions of dollars for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom