Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

PeeplMoovr

Er... the MI Coaster art was on the cast portal for just under 2 hours. Then it went again. Sorry Raven. DIdn`t see it myself but I know someone who did. All too briefly.

:)

I got to see it on the Hub. I can confirm it was up for a few hours and then taken down. It was a slide-show of stills of conceptual artwork. Basically showed a top-suspended coaster, seating was side-by-side (2 people next to each other with feet dangling), with at least 5-7 rows in the vehicle (artwork from what I remember didn't show the entire vehicle from what I remember), and lots of doors. So - nothing outside of what people have been saying.

It was taken off the Hub very quickly and replaced with artwork for the upcoming water/light show in DL (I forget what that's called again - sorry). That's the last I saw of it, although someone may have taken a screenshot cap of the artwork while the slideshow was up. :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

I guess I should check the Hub more often. :eek:
Indeed!

:)

I got to see it on the Hub. I can confirm it was up for a few hours and then taken down. It was a slide-show of stills of conceptual artwork. Basically showed a top-suspended coaster, seating was side-by-side (2 people next to each other with feet dangling), with at least 5-7 rows in the vehicle (artwork from what I remember didn't show the entire vehicle from what I remember), and lots of doors. So - nothing outside of what people have been saying.

It was taken off the Hub very quickly and replaced with artwork for the upcoming water/light show in DL (I forget what that's called again - sorry). That's the last I saw of it, although someone may have taken a screenshot cap of the artwork while the slideshow was up. :lookaroun
Very cool! Can you get the pics?:eek:

Fun2BFree

Disney isn't really meant to be a "thrill ride" park...that's what Universal is for.

Evolution. Universal wasn't meant to be a 'thrill ride' park either -- it started in 1937 as a Hollywood Backlot Tour. Let us not forget that the Mad Tea Party and the Matterhorn were the original Walt-era thrill rides. In fact, Disney pioneered the first tubular-track rollercoaster, the first computer-controlled rollercoaster, the first wholly dark rollercoaster, the first rollercoaster to incorporate AAs and...
...the first Aerosmith rollercoaster. :lookaroun

Disney parks have always had thrill rides. No, there hasn't been an all-thrill ride park, but that's not likely to happen either. Even TDS had Mermaid Lagoon.

kcnole

Disney isn't really meant to be a "thrill ride" park...that's what Universal is for.

Universal and Disney actually have a very comparable percentage of thrill rides. Universal is no more a thrill ride park than Disney is. Six Flags on the other hand is.

Universal Studios actually has very few "thrill" rides. The Mummy and the new Rip Ride Rockit are really the only "thrilling" rides it has. A case could be made for Simpsons but that's about it. That's actually exactly the same as DHS.

IOA isn't really that much more. It has two coasters that meet the thrill ride designation, the rest are no more "thrilling" than Splash Mountain. I don't know where this idea that Universal is a "thrill ride" park ever came from.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I think that Disney steers away from thrill rides a bit so it can keep up the theme of the ride. If you go to fast you have no time to notice details, so there's not much of a chance for a real story to take place.
RNRC is just one part of a story (you driving to the show), and other rides at WDW with thrills have them only for a moment, aside from a select few like Everest.
The only ride I can think of that was thrilling and told a story was AE, but we all know what happened there...:mad:

hokielutz

The only ride I can think of that was thrilling and told a story was AE, but we all know what happened there...:mad:

You know... AE is becoming the MK's Horizons.

First off... it was not a ride, its a show. you don't go anywhere. Also I think you confuse thrill with scare. Kind of like MILF in a reverse polarity.

hack2112

First off... it was not a ride, its a show. you don't go anywhere. Also I think you confuse thrill with scare. Kind of like MILF in a reverse polarity.
Just a quick little correction, it's not a show. It's an attraction.

Fun2BFree

AE was definitely thrilling. Even though you never moved, you got the same adrenaline rush and heart-pounding sensation that you would get on a coaster.

Jasonflz

I think that Disney steers away from thrill rides a bit so it can keep up the theme of the ride. If you go to fast you have no time to notice details, so there's not much of a chance for a real story to take place.
RNRC is just one part of a story (you driving to the show), and other rides at WDW with thrills have them only for a moment, aside from a select few like Everest.

AE was phenomenal but we can all thank Disney stubborness for leaving us with what we have now. Any word on Stitch leaving?

ctxak98

Hey i was jst wondering if anyone knows about tht rollercoaster of the doors in monsters inc.??? is it jst a rumor or is it actually coming to hollywood studios:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom