News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

I agree with this exactly. It’s a shame to see how the muppets are constantly treated. They are an excellent IP.
That’s why I disagree with people hating on hall of presidents. Yes, it stinks to lose HOP, but imo, muppets putting on an American history pageant sounds like one of the most classic muppets-esque concepts potentially coming to anything in a long long time. And sometimes, those restrictions can create something great. Splash mountain was born of a mandate from upper management to WDI to make a log flume, and also the restriction of using america sings stuff. At the end of the day, If it does happen, give it a chance.

Surferboy567

That’s why I disagree with people hating on hall of presidents. Yes, it stinks to lose HOP, but imo, muppets putting on an American history pageant sounds like one of the most classic muppets-esque concepts potentially coming to anything in a long long time. And sometimes, those restrictions can create something great. Splash mountain was born of a mandate from upper management to WDI to make a log flume, and also the restriction of using america sings stuff. At the end of the day, If it does happen, give it a chance.
I think losing HOP is probably a bad move. I don’t personally go to it that often and I actually wouldn’t mind it myself. I think those in my family would be super upset of it was ever removed though. The discourse it would create is probably not where Disney wants to find itself.

I’m fine with the muppets going there I do however worry about the optics they will suffer if they go though with it.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Once again, they're not replacing the only ride that has Darth Vader, arguably one of the, if not the most iconic villain in cinema, at the Star Wars park.

I've been hearing only conflicting information about the location since yesterday morning. It's a civil war behind the scenes, I'm advising everyone to stock up on canned foods and shotguns.
Infighting? Oooooo
1000001454.gif

ToTBellHop

In fairness the Diagon project got two rides.
We all can argue back and forth on whether inter park transportation counts, (and we have been for a decade) but I agree that a “land” really needs more than one attraction. Even the EU WWoHP has a show. Perhaps the playground is supposed to be an attraction?

Maybe they can fit a monsters-skinned TriceraTop Spin!

DCLcruiser

My fear is Sci Fi Dine in gets replaced with Harryhausen’s. That’s a bigger blow than Muppets to me.

The concept art looks to me like it’s taken from the POV of the purple circle. Harryhausen’s would be blue (sci fi) and the door coaster would be the red.

View attachment 808945

View attachment 808946
I think you are right. If they did update it (I hope not), maybe they will show clips from the real Ray Harryhausen's movies.

"The restaurant is named after the famous stop-motion animator Ray Harryhausen. Such noticeable examples of Harryhausen's work include films like The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958), Jason and the Argonauts (1963), The Valley of Gwangi (1969), The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1973), and Clash of the Titans (1981)."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We all can argue back and forth on whether inter park transportation counts, (and we have been for a decade) but I agree that a “land” really needs more than one attraction. Even the EU WWoHP has a show. Perhaps the playground is supposed to be an attraction?

Maybe they can fit a monsters-skinned TriceraTop Spin!
Lands should have a minimum 4…for two reasons: customers can’t be in multiple places at once…so it naturally helps crowd flow

And second, it allows to refurb or replacing the individuals without it causing a 3 year headache park wide.

We…the people..:we’re stupid when we started celebrating “mini lands” as coined by TWDC…and unfortunately Comcast has followed suit.

You do know that is to stress the customer and skimp on employees, right?

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Lands should have a minimum 4…for two reasons: customers can’t be in multiple places at once…so it naturally helps crowd flow

And second, it allowing to refurb oe replace the individuals without it causing a 3 year headache park wide.

We…the people..:we’re stupid when we started celebrating “mini lands” and coined by TWDC…and unfortunately Comcast has followed suit.

You do know that is to stress the customer and skimp on employees, right?
That right there...speaks volumes, many seem to not understand.

JohnD

Little did we know this whole time the Muppets were just Monsters trying to capture laugh energy (There are worse backstories for an attraction)
It's still "Hollywood Studios" so there is a little more free rein in allowing IPs to mix together. Just look at the Echo Lake area with Indy and SW next to each other. And Muppets just beyond SW.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Once again, they're not replacing the only ride that has Darth Vader, arguably one of the, if not the most iconic villain in cinema, at the Star Wars park.
They spent $1 billion dollars on a Star Wars land that specifically didn’t have Darth Vader in the Star Wars park. They also got rid of the Darth Vader meet and greet. One small bit in Star Tours that isn’t even seen by every rider isn’t enough to save it.

the_rich

Realistically, I can’t see Mermaid leaving yet, so in AC, it would feel more like a ride than a land. And they would keep that dead end in the park. At this point, I’d rather they wait until they have a concept large enough to justify clearing out everything back there to connect to Sunset Blvd. And they apparently do have such a concept.
Any hints?

JustInTime

I think you are right. If they did update it (I hope not), maybe they will show clips from the real Ray Harryhausen's movies.

"The restaurant is named after the famous stop-motion animator Ray Harryhausen. Such noticeable examples of Harryhausen's work include films like The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958), Jason and the Argonauts (1963), The Valley of Gwangi (1969), The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1973), and Clash of the Titans (1981)."

That honestly could work!!!

JohnD

If this does go into Muppets Courtyard, they must have plans for Animation Courtyard too... right? RIGHT?!? I mean, it's not Cars and not villians... so... Zootopia? Incredibles? Something else?

I suspect we'll see the Muppet Vision film "preserved" on Disney+...
HS is one park I'd be fine with Zootopia taking over an area like AC. Just not AK. (I'm good with a 3D movie that you have to make an effort to get to underneath TOL, though.)

Tha Realest

You have to love the thought process at WDI:

“We need to build something in MK that’s surrounded by green space.”

“Okay, but we’re going to have to reroute a river.”

“Better yet - let’s remove it altogether!”

“Sold. Okay, next - Hollywood Studios. Let’s drop that Monsters ride into Animation Courtyard.”

“Whoa whoa who - where is Bob from accounting going to work and park?”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom