News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

Oh that…

Well…there’s a few ways to look at it:

Lack of quick confirmation via permits cautions the seriousness of it?

And the pattern of late has been “close and replace”…because they’re such clever geniuses…so we’ll watch out for that.
True. I don’t think it’s as set in stone as people are saying. Ik some have also been saying performers at Disney jr have been given an end date, but that’s just rumor speak, so take that with a grain of salt. So I think it could go either way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
True. I don’t think it’s as set in stone as people are saying. Ik some have also been saying performers at Disney jr have been given an end date, but that’s just rumor speak, so take that with a grain of salt. So I think it could go either way.
The options all seem to indicate replacement:

Animation makes the most sense based on proximity…and knocks out two shows with pesky actors

Muppets is old and they can’t juice demand with it…so that makes sense in Igernonics

The one to watch out for is canning rockinroller coaster (old and will require more overhead as time goes on) and the cars building next to it…I don’t think they’d try it…but you never know?

What I’d love is if they took out star tours and the stunt show. Need to go…but not likely at all.

ToTBellHop

I had heard AC (that’s what it was originally designed for), but if someone here works in that area and openly refutes its placement there, who am I to question that? And if it’s not AC, it’s Grand Ave.

We will just have to wait for an announcement or permit.

Either way, both areas are slated for redevelopment at some point, so MuppetVision won’t be around by ~2029, regardless (and neither will those apparently unmovable offices…were they built on an Indian burial ground or something?).

Sneaky

I had heard AC (that’s what it was originally designed for), but if someone here works in that area and openly refutes its placement there, who am I to question that? And if it’s not AC, it’s Grand Ave.

We will just have to wait for an announcement or permit.

Either way, both areas are slated for redevelopment at some point, so MuppetVision won’t be around by ~2029, regardless (and neither will those apparently unmovable offices…were they built on an Indian burial ground or something?).
if muppetvision is really gonna be gone eventually, I’d rather get it over with now tbh. I’d muppets be replaced with an idea as cool as the door coaster as opposed to a zootopia clone. Now I’d rather MV3D stay forever, but if it really is eventually toast, that’s my thoughts.

CJR

It’s Tom and DSNY newscast saying animation courtyard

That's because both locations have apparently been considered, probably to test reactions to both, as if they care (come on, they're taking out ROA). I think you saw it yesterday, but people who park behind the AC were apparently even told they couldn't park there in the future. So, it's a mess.

They honestly should have come out and said it, I don't think they care about what people think. They think you're bad if you like something and are sad to see it go away.

Sneaky

That's because both locations have apparently been considered, probably to test reactions to both, as if they care (come on, they're taking out ROA). I think you saw it yesterday, but people who park behind the AC were apparently even told they couldn't park there in the future. So, it's a mess.

They honestly should have come out and said it, I don't think they care about what people think. They think you're bad if you like something and are sad to see it go away.
Hey, it worked for zootopia replacing dinosaur

the_rich

CJR

But it didn’t save Dinosaur.

It's important to note, this won't save Muppets either. This generation of leadership seem determined to replace something one way or another. It's not just D'Amaro either, they were determined to replace GMR before him, it's the generation of leaders. If Muppets doesn't go for Monsters, it will go for something else. I believe that. I'm sadden by it, but I think it's a fact at this point.

On the plus side, there will be some charm with that area if they do put Monsters there.

FWIW, Alicia is saying that they will need to remove the brand new Mermaid show to do what's shown in the art if it's in the AC. In that case, either way, a zero height attraction would be removed. I think they could still do it there without removing Mermaid personally, but it is a bit messy since WDP also exits over there. There's also the Disney Jr. show to deal with. Muppets area would be more immersive because of that, in some ways, I get why it's considered. I don't like it, but I know they won't let it go now that they're set on it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom