News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

wildphantom

I’d be fine with them getting rid of all the muppets stuff that isn’t MV3D. If there’s a way they can keep it there and have Monsters around it then great. I’m not sure about them moving MV3D somewhere else though.

I mean, they could. I just can’t see it.

Whether it survives or not, it does feel like the last remnants of proper MGM Studios are a matter of time from being replaced.

I vote for Lightning McQueen to be replaced with a film showing what this park used to be when it opened, so I can cry into my Monsters Inc popcorn.

Spash007

It’s been some time since I’ve been in the MV3D theater - is it possible to easily have the entrance on Grand Avenue itself?

Looking at the layout of the land and the fairly compact footprint of the ride, it doesn’t seem like they need to take over the actual theater

Otherwise what will Grand Avenue be? Just a street with the taphouse?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Once again, they're not replacing the only ride that has Darth Vader, arguably one of the, if not the most iconic villain in cinema, at the Star Wars park.

I've been hearing only conflicting information about the location since yesterday morning. It's a civil war behind the scenes, I'm advising everyone to stock up on canned foods and shotguns.
Well @wdwmagic was not at all vague (considering the lack of public details) in the article that the Muppet Courtyard is the place and also made an articulate for its preservation. Perhaps there is still room for a change of plans if there is enough push back.

easyrowrdw

It’s been some time since I’ve been in the MV3D theater - is it possible to easily have the entrance on Grand Avenue itself?

Looking at the layout of the land and the fairly compact footprint of the ride, it doesn’t seem like they need to take over the actual theater

Otherwise what will Grand Avenue be? Just a street with the taphouse?
I would think the hallway that leads to the waiting area could just come straight out to the street instead of turning and out to the courtyard.

Brian

I've never heard of The Wrap or the author of this piece, but they win the snarky columnist award for this one:

"...Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a park that had started as a place where you would go behind the scenes of film and television production and has, with the addition of “Star Wars”- and “Toy Story”-themed lands, become the Disney theme park equivalent of the drawer at home where you shove all the stuff you don’t have a place for."

pdude81

I love MV3D, but if it's going in a few years anyway, the retheming of that area for Monsters makes a lot of sense, and allows them to completely rework AC in a different way.

However, I also don't want to lose Mama Melrose for a Sushi restaurant. So many complex feelings

Smooth

Hello everyone! I’m new to the forums, so bear with me

My biggest hope if Monsters is replaced Grand Ave is that Disney heard all of the backlash about MuppetVision closing down and just move it where Lighting McQueen is at and put the film on Disney+

But hey, Disney has disappointed me before
1723561439354.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom