News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

It's important to note, this won't save Muppets either. This generation of leadership seem determined to replace something one way or another. It's not just D'Amaro either, they were determined to replace GMR before him, it's the generation of leaders. If Muppets doesn't go for Monsters, it will go for something else. I believe that. I'm sadden by it, but I think it's a fact at this point.

On the plus side, there will be some charm with that area if they do put Monsters there.

FWIW, Alicia is saying that they will need to remove the brand new Mermaid show to do what's shown in the art if it's in the AC. In that case, either way, a zero height attraction would be removed. I think they could still do it there without removing Mermaid personally, but it is a bit messy since WDP also exits over there. There's also the Disney Jr. show to deal with. Muppets area would be more immersive because of that, in some ways, I get whey it's considered. I don't like it, but I know they won't let it go now that they're set on it.
In an ideal world, whatever replaces Launch Bay continues back to RnRC and doesn’t impact the two shows in AC. Have Launch Bay be the entrance into the land instead of taking over the existing courtyard.

They will never replace Mermaid right around the arrival of the new show. Perhaps it leaves in 4 years but I doubt that, too. It’s not cheap to develop these shows. I imagine they want it to run for a decade or more.

saxamoophone

AC needs to get redone, but if there are really other near term projects there I could accept why Monsters doesn’t belong there.

I vote they move Muppets to Epcot and rotate it with HISTK, Captain Eon, and other past 3D films.

Surferboy567

In an ideal world, whatever replaces Launch Bay continues back to RnRC and doesn’t impact the two shows in AC. Have Launch Bay be the entrance into the land instead of taking over the existing courtyard.

They will never replace Mermaid right around the arrival of the new show. Perhaps it leaves in 4 years but I doubt that, too. It’s not cheap to develop these shows. I imagine they want it to run for a decade or more.
I’ll say this, I don’t lament the loss of TSL or Rivers of America. In the studios though, I would lament the loss of Muppets and Star Tours. Even though I’ve wanted this Monstropolis area for years. I hope they use animation courtyard, I want the Muppets to have a permanent place in the parks. I understand Muppetvision’s removal a little more then I understand removing Star Tours it’s an older attraction. That doesn’t mean I want it removed I just understand that removal a little more. Star Tours doesn’t make any sense though to remove.

In an ideal world, they put it in the most dead corner of any Disney Park animation courtyard and nothing closes. Studios also has a real attraction problem and cannot afford to lose big attractions like Star Tours and Muppetvision.

ToTBellHop

I’ll say this, I don’t lament the loss of TSL or Rivers of America. In the studios though, I would lament the loss of Muppets and Star Tours. Even though I’ve wanted this Monstropolis area for years. I hope they use animation courtyard, I want the Muppets to have a permanent place in the parks. I understand Muppetvision’s removal a little more then I understand removing Star Tours it’s an older attraction. That doesn’t mean I want it removed I just understand that removal a little more. Star Tours doesn’t make any sense though to remove.

In an ideal world, they put it in the most dead corner of any Disney Park animation courtyard and nothing closes. Studios also has a real attraction problem and cannot afford to lose big attractions like Star Tours and Muppetvision.
I don’t think Star Tours will be impacted.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I believe it is going in Muppets. They put some money into Mermaid to try and tide the area over until the future expansion is announced.
I'd imagine you could still keep mermaid and still have plenty of space for a monsters land. The key is if Disney wants to spend the money to relocate the back offices. If only the Lake Nona project was still a go.

JustInTime

I'd imagine you could still keep mermaid and still have plenty of space for a monsters land. The key is if Disney wants to spend the money to relocate the back offices. If only the Lake Nona project was still a go.

Great point. We may never know what the original plan was.

Remember - GMR had investments and even a sponsor a right as it was closing and years leading up.

Sneaky

I

I fear for the loss of muppetvision, because while I understand, I fear for the continued degradation of the muppets in places. I don’t want them to be gone from Disney World completely. Even though I love MV3D with all my heart, I think the muppets could soar in many different attraction concepts at wdw, retheme or ground up, but I fear that they won’t be given the chance to do so.

Surferboy567

Once again, they're not replacing the only ride that has Darth Vader, arguably one of the, if not the most iconic villain in cinema, at the Star Wars park.

I've been hearing only conflicting information about the location since yesterday morning. It's a civil war behind the scenes, I'm advising everyone to stock up on canned foods and shotguns.
Do you think they will confirm it soon? I was actually at the imagineering booth a few days ago. I heard two of them saying “That doesn’t help all the speculation that is out there” while talking amongst themselves. That could mean nothing in regards to this project but just an observation.

Sneaky

Once again, they're not replacing the only ride that has Darth Vader, arguably one of the, if not the most iconic villain in cinema, at the Star Wars park.

I've been hearing only conflicting information about the location since yesterday morning. It's a civil war behind the scenes, I'm advising everyone to stock up on canned foods and shotguns.
Wow, so there’s a fight behind the scenes for this location? Let’s hope level heads win out, like with villains in MK vs DHS

Surferboy567

I

I fear for the loss of muppetvision, because while I understand, I fear for the continued degradation of the muppets in places. I don’t want them to be gone from Disney World completely. Even though I love MV3D with all my heart, I think the muppets could soar in many different attraction concepts at wdw, retheme or ground up, but I fear that they won’t be given the chance to do so.
I agree with this exactly. It’s a shame to see how the muppets are constantly treated. They are an excellent IP.

CJR

Star Tours doesn’t make any sense though to remove.

Definitely not at this time, right after they just put some money into it. It wouldn't be all that hard to retheme Star Tours and keep the simulators. They are old, but I wouldn't say to the point that they need completely ripped out for a new concept. I mean, they semi-recently introduced simulators to Hong Kong DL. It'd make much more sense to swap the IP than to rip them out.

Andrew25

Couple of concepts...

Behind Animation Courtyard
1723556558169.png

Animation Building Replacement
1723556570162.png

Muppets
1723556548657.png

ToTBellHop

Realistically, I can’t see Mermaid leaving yet, so in AC, it would feel more like a ride than a land. And they would keep that dead end in the park. At this point, I’d rather they wait until they have a concept large enough to justify clearing out everything back there to connect to Sunset Blvd. And they apparently do have such a concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom