News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

LSLS

If it's muppets...I refuse to believe it's not because it's because they have good reason. it's prime real estate in a land locked park for a future expansion.

Again, I don't want Muppets to go but it's something to think about. I also doubt Disney wants to remove another people eater in the time it takes to build Monstropolis. Animation Courtyard also makes a formal Pixar "side" of the park. It becomes even stronger if RnR is rethemed.
I'm not sure. That's an added labor cost employing all those people working there. They close it down for the work, they are saving in that respect.

LSLS

I could see this being 4-5 years out. I wonder how many builders they are able to employ at a time (how many are in the area). We've seen staging already underway at DAK, and didn't they say prep work had already begun on Villains?

mf1972

I mean, if they are going to close Muppet Vision 3D, they need to (at least) save the Statler and Waldorf animatronic and randomly move it around to various stage/theater attractions at WDW... one day, you randomly go to Mickey's Philharmagic and there Statler and Waldorf are there heckling the show, then, a few months later, you go to see CBJ and who's there but Statler and Waldorf... I'd suggest adding them to Hall of Presidents, but not sure how well that would go over...
put them in iger’s office too

Surferboy567

I could see this being 4-5 years out. I wonder how many builders they are able to employ at a time (how many are in the area). We've seen staging already underway at DAK, and didn't they say prep work had already begun on Villains?
Considering how aggressive they are being with these start times I wouldn't be surprised if prep work started already on Cars, Monsters, and possibly Villains. Just behind the scenes so we don't see them. Oh, and the likelihood I believe is the order I put them in.

LSLS

Considering how aggressive they are being with these start times I wouldn't be surprised if prep work started already on Cars, Monsters, and possibly Villains. Just behind the scenes so we don't see them. Oh, and the likelihood I believe is the order I put them in.
Everything we have heard is they are actually still fighting about where Monsters is going to go, so I can't imagine that has started. I actually think Tropical America will be the first to get under way if I had to guess.

Sneaky

Everything we have heard is they are actually still fighting about where Monsters is going to go, so I can't imagine that has started. I actually think Tropical America will be the first to get under way if I had to guess.
Honestly i dunno who is going to win. We don’t really know much as we think we do imo.

Disstevefan1

This is the BIG LIE. This is not an expansion, this is as been said here is a "re theme" of existing theme park space.
If they worked on land that was never used before, THAT is an expansion.

Yes, folks will argue the new attractions (if they are working) may absorb more guests and thereby be an increase in park capacity.

I guess we will find out in 6 to 8 years....

Can you imagine what LL costs 8 years from now, LOL, LOL

Grantwil93

If they did remove star tours, I'd be incredibly sad. But I'd immediately start campaigning for Wonders of Life to become the new Star Tours and some OT/PT meet n greets. Not that it fits epcot, but epcot is already a mess so sticking star tours between guardians and mission space kinda works to me.

.1% chance that happens, but they seemingly don't know what to do with the building anyway and moving an attraction into a space that had the same attraction in it(body wars) would probably be cheaper than revamping that pavilion from scratch. It's just festival storage atm.

Purduevian

People keep saying this is a loss of capacity if we loose MV3D for the door coaster... but theres a few ways to look at it.

Theoretical Capacity:
MV3D is a 17 min show with a 584 person theater.
Theoretical capacity ~1,752 people per hour

Door Coaster:
I think the goal is something around 1700

Actual Capacity: MV3D probably plays to half-filled shows on average: ~876 people per hour

Finally how many people does it "soak up" off the street
MV3D is probably around 600 people (halfish filled theater, and halfish waiting to get in)
For Door coaster:
If we assume 20 person trains and 4 trains of people on the tracks = 80 people on ride
1/2 capacity to a LL with a 5 min line = ~70 people in the LL
1/2 capacity with a 60 min line = 850 people in the standby line
Total= ~1,000 out of the rest of the park, 400 more than Muppets if it has a 60 min line.

UNCgolf

People keep saying this is a loss of capacity if we loose MV3D for the door coaster... but theres a few ways to look at it.

Theoretical Capacity:

Door Coaster:

Actual Capacity: MV3D probably plays to half-filled shows on average: ~876 people per hour

MV3D is probably around 600 people (halfish filled theater, and halfish waiting to get in)
For Door coaster:
If we assume 20 person trains and 4 trains of people on the tracks = 80 people on ride
Total= ~1,000 out of the rest of the park, 400 more than Muppets if it has a 60 min line.

I don't think it will decrease capacity; I think it will draw more people to the park and end up making all the lines longer because it won't add enough capacity to make up the difference. The park doesn't have enough capacity as it is right now, so inducing additional demand while only slightly increasing capacity isn't helpful.

Surferboy567

I don't think it will decrease capacity; I think it will draw more people to the park and end up making all the lines longer because it won't add enough capacity to make up the difference. The park doesn't have enough capacity as it is right now, so inducing additional demand while only slightly increasing capacity isn't helpful.
Bingo

Surferboy567

Theoretical Capacity:

Door Coaster:

For Door coaster:
If you really want to stretch it Harry’s will add capacity as well. As well as the actual land real estate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom