News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

DCLcruiser

I don't think it will decrease capacity; I think it will draw more people to the park and end up making all the lines longer because it won't add enough capacity to make up the difference. The park doesn't have enough capacity as it is right now, so inducing additional demand while only slightly increasing capacity isn't helpful.
Isn't there a limit on tickets per day? Plus, moving people to Monster would reduce the line for TSMWM. Which I'd argue is the most fun ride at DHS.

Purduevian

I don't think it will decrease capacity; I think it will draw more people to the park and end up making all the lines longer because it won't add enough capacity to make up the difference. The park doesn't have enough capacity as it is right now, so inducing additional demand while only slightly increasing capacity isn't helpful.
I personally don't think it will add 3.6 million more guests to DHS in a year, but I could be wrong. (1700-876)*12hour days*365 days a year

LSLS

Isn't there a limit on tickets per day? Plus, moving people to Monster would reduce the line for TSMWM. Which I'd argue is the most fun ride at DHS.
HA, if there is a limit, they are nowhere near it. BUT, your lines would only reduce if A.) it doesn't increase attendance significantly (and I know the numbers were run, but lets also be real, there will be a lot more down time with a coaster and things never run at max capacity, so I'd bet it's only about 4k per day extra it could handle assuming Muppets averages half full) and B.) They don't throw on a Virtual Que, which will take those extra people and simply leave them out wandering the parks and in other lines.

fgmnt

Everything we have heard is they are actually still fighting about where Monsters is going to go, so I can't imagine that has started. I actually think Tropical America will be the first to get under way if I had to guess.
I think if they knew where it was going and what existing attractions it was affecting, you would have found out two days ago. If you do not hear about it by Friday, then it's definitely still not decided. Would be wild to pass up the two news dump opportunities like that if you already had the news in hand.

There are probably 4 paths to chart forward and only 1 of them really stinks. Hope we get one of the others.

Phicinfan

There are quite a few reasons that Muppets Courtyard is attractive to Disney for Monsters.

1. The area currently brings in no revenue from Lighting Lane Single, and is not likely a factor for purchases of LL Multi.
2. The area brings in next to no revenue from merchandise sales.
3. Existing restaurant infrastructure reduces costs for new restaurant.
4. The backstage area requires very little change to accommodate the coaster.
5. There are other future plans for Animation Courtyard.
I don't disagree with all you have here, but to me the park becomes even more hodgepodge with Pixar groups on opposite sides of the park.

Monsters Inc in Animation with Cars near RnRC and Toy Story land on other side could lead to a future overall expansion for more Pixar properties and it all flows well.

I also don't see them wanting to completely cut off more space for expansion for SWL, by taking Muppets now for Monsters, you eliminate any more Star Wars expansion outside the 2 or 3 interior plots they have.

Last but no least - I think the reason you don't have more on where and when, because this was totally a last minute decision to add, IMO(I am no insider....). I think they KNEW where Villains and Cars were going, what backlash that would have and pushed this forward to gain more support. I honestly would not be shocked at all if they don't have a site for it locked yet.

UNCgolf

I personally don't think it will add 3.6 million more guests to DHS in a year, but I could be wrong. (1700-876)*12hour days*365 days a year

I don't either, but it doesn't need to.

The park is underbuilt right now. A small capacity increase isn't going to help that much, especially when they could easily make a bigger capacity increase instead.

Plus, it's not that simple, because not everyone is interested in every attraction. There's not a 1:1 swap for rider count.

Gusey

The park is underbuilt right now. A small capacity increase isn't going to help that much, especially when they could easily make a bigger capacity increase instead.

Plus, it's not that simple, because not everyone is interested in every attraction. There's not a 1:1 swap for rider count.
Also, the Door coaster will have a height requirement. Muppets doesn't. It is one of the few continuous attractions (no showtimes) at the park without a height requirement along with TSM & MMRR

LSLS

There's also a TON of assumptions. Is Muppets really only half full almost all days? If it's 1,000 people an hour instead of 876, now it's 3 million. Do any attractions run at that max capacity? If it's average is 1,500, Now it's 2 million people. That also assumes no downtime. Lets assume 1 hour of downtime a day. Now we are getting closer to 1.6 million. BUT, there are also going to be days where it's way fuller in the parks, and therefore Muppets has more of a crowd. Point being, the additional is going to be WAY less that 3.6 million people. And that all is without factoring in VQ.

Phicinfan

I am sorry but the whole park capacity growth thing has to be a myth. What Disney is doing is drawing folks in with new "attractions" without having to staff for additional growth. Much easier to replace, use existing staff or reduced staff and make things less costly and improve profits. That is the path they are working on.

IF as we now suspect Monsters replaces Muppets - replacement
Cars replacing TSI and LB - replacement
Indy - replaces dinosaur
Tropical Americas replaces Dinoland rides

All are net zero added attractions.

Only Villians is added attractions by my count

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom