News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

UNCgolf

Is there a chance Operations is pushing back on the Muppets location?

I don't really care about the Muppets show in general, but it seems to me like replacing that with a Monsters Inc. coaster will make the park that much worse from an operations standpoint. Even longer lines, more crowding, etc.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I mean, if they are going to close Muppet Vision 3D, they need to (at least) save the Statler and Waldorf animatronic and randomly move it around to various stage/theater attractions at WDW... one day, you randomly go to Mickey's Philharmagic and there Statler and Waldorf are there heckling the show, then, a few months later, you go to see CBJ and who's there but Statler and Waldorf... I'd suggest adding them to Hall of Presidents, but not sure how well that would go over...

Bleed0range

If they want to put something new in DHS, the first most important place to build anything - without removing anything - should be here:

View attachment 809273

Period. Build there. If it's not ready to build on, don't build anything until it is ready. If you need something quicker, then spend more money and build there more quickly. And put multiple rides there.

You know what the park cannot afford? To lose anything currently running.

Move offices to the failed galactic starcruiser building …

Surferboy567

Quick Question let's say Monsters does go to Muppets Courtyard is the Sci Fi Dine In safe? We eat there almost every time we go to the studios.

It would make no sense to have a generic drive though right next to Monsters.

doctornick

Move offices to the failed galactic starcruiser building …

The office space should be the easiest thing to move. Parking might be a little bit of an issue, but that is why IMHO the solution is a parking deck on the other side of World Drive with a walkway over the road and into the backstage area of the park.

1723658250407.png

Gusey

Quick Question let's say Monsters does go to Muppets Courtyard is the Sci Fi Dine In safe? We eat there almost every time we go to the studios.

Likely, I think the main area in Muppets Courtyard thought for Monsters Inc is the back half where Mama Melrose, Studio 1 Store and the old Xmas shop is.

GravityFalls

There are monster-themed cars in the concept art. I'd be okay with a light retheme using those cars. But I think this will be a pretty budget-conscious project, so I'm not expecting it.

The Leader of the Club

There are monster-themed cars in the concept art. I'd be okay with a light retheme using those cars. But I think this will be a pretty budget-conscious project, so I'm not expecting it.
It would be pretty cool if they updated the video with “monster movies.” I’d love to see some horror movie clips with Monsters afraid of humans. Throw in some fake ads for Monsters Inc., Monsters University, Harryhausens, and the CDA and you’ve got a great low-cost upgrade.

wildphantom

Let’s be frank. We’d all be fine if they moved it, as long as it could carry on. Not so bothered about the rest of the Muppet space surrounding it.

If putting Monsters in Animation Courtyard scuppers their plans for another further cool land/attraction we don’t know about yet, then put it where Muppets is - but just ensure us you’re moving MV3D to a new permanent home.

You’ve a few places to move it that fans will be just fine with.

I am looking forward to the Monsters Inc land as much as anybody, and wouldn’t want them to compromise what they’ve planned to fit it in an area that’s their second choice. Build the best Monsters land you can, and move Muppets. It can’t be that difficult.

You could even make fun of the move in the pre-show.

jklakeview

Why not use animators courtyard for the coaster area, then you have mermaid and Disney Junior buildings for 1 dark ride like a hide and seek monster ride and then move laugh floor there in the other building. Now you have 2 more building for another nice expansion in Tomorrowland at MK (stitch and monsters). Seems good to me and really, what did you lose?

Thanks phoenicians

The office space should be the easiest thing to move. Parking might be a little bit of an issue, but that is why IMHO the solution is a parking deck on the other side of World Drive with a walkway over the road and into the backstage area of the park.

View attachment 809334
If they did it this way you could actually have a real Pixar neighborhood by connecting it with TSL. If you really wanted to you could even retheme RnR to Incredibles down the line whenever the Aerosmith agreement is up and then you have a pretty massive Pixar district. Would make more sense than having the Pixar areas all separated

Surferboy567

If it's muppets...I refuse to believe it's not because it's because they have good reason. it's prime real estate in a land locked park for a future expansion.

Again, I don't want Muppets to go but it's something to think about. I also doubt Disney wants to remove another people eater in the time it takes to build Monstropolis. Animation Courtyard also makes a formal Pixar "side" of the park. It becomes even stronger if RnR is rethemed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom