News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

ctrlaltdel

There's also a TON of assumptions. Is Muppets really only half full almost all days? If it's 1,000 people an hour instead of 876, now it's 3 million. Do any attractions run at that max capacity? If it's average is 1,500, Now it's 2 million people. That also assumes no downtime. Lets assume 1 hour of downtime a day. Now we are getting closer to 1.6 million. BUT, there are also going to be days where it's way fuller in the parks, and therefore Muppets has more of a crowd. Point being, the additional is going to be WAY less that 3.6 million people. And that all is without factoring in VQ.
I would bet it operates a decent amount but not particularly close to max capacity. I would agree that Monster's is likely gonna draw in more than any gain in actual capacity. Which is why AC is the best place for it, you will certainly gain real capacity.
This is the BIG LIE. This is not an expansion, this is as been said here is a "re theme" of existing theme park space.
If they worked on land that was never used before, THAT is an expansion.

Yes, folks will argue the new attractions (if they are working) may absorb more guests and thereby be an increase in park capacity.

I guess we will find out in 6 to 8 years....

Can you imagine what LL costs 8 years from now, LOL, LOL
I really think this is the wrong way of looking at it. AC is a pretty big dead zone in the park. Actually addressing that dead zone is important and more efficient than just expanding for the heck of it.

Gusey

Is there any way to reroute the entrance to where the Muppets Extended queue is, facing Grand Avenue, then making the current entrance a Monstropolis facade? Make Pizza Rizzo the restaurant and use Mama Melrose/Studio 1 Store for Door Coaster

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It is interesting to me how much Disney utilizes the Muppets, whether during Food and Wine, race weekends, D23, topiaries, and much much more, but wants to remove the ride. I won't pretend it's packed out every showing, but there's obviously a desire, even from Disney, to use the Muppets.
They often the get out of jail card. They are brought in for a nostalgia impact when there really isn't anything else to do.

tissandtully

There's also a TON of assumptions. Is Muppets really only half full almost all days? If it's 1,000 people an hour instead of 876, now it's 3 million. Do any attractions run at that max capacity? If it's average is 1,500, Now it's 2 million people. That also assumes no downtime. Lets assume 1 hour of downtime a day. Now we are getting closer to 1.6 million. BUT, there are also going to be days where it's way fuller in the parks, and therefore Muppets has more of a crowd. Point being, the additional is going to be WAY less that 3.6 million people. And that all is without factoring in VQ.
Yeah, Muppets is a giant people eater, especially on busy days, but it's usually well utilized during non-busy days as well, shows every 15 minutes is a lot of people. Would be a HUGE loss and I think I know how Splash people feel now. haha

DCLcruiser

A new Muppet's 3D film would have really helped our argument to save them. The current video, well, I've seen it so many times. It's usually a ghost town, but I don't go during peak seasons.

UNCgolf

Absolutely. I started to go into all of that, but decided to just leave it at it's not that simple, hah.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A new Muppet's 3D film would have really helped our argument to save them. The current video, well, I've seen it so many times. It's usually a ghost town, but I don't go during peak seasons.
Certainly not a ghost town in the age of Genie+. It really is one of the only things you can easily walk into at the entire park.

doctornick

Unless the early construction would not involve the immediate close of Muppets.

What is still not clear at all to me is where exactly Monsters would go if replacing Muppets and what is the configuration.

1723665626180.png

Isn't the thinking here that on the left side of the picture it is Pizzarizzo with the water tower next to it? That would put the Monsters building roughly around where Mama Melrose is.

Is it possible that the MuppetVision building survives - whether as Muppets or as a Monsters show - and the Monsters ride goes further back in the "land"?

SaveDinosaur

Many of us warned that the changes to Maelstrom, Tower of Terror, and Splash Mountain would give Iger the courage and motivation to do what he always wanted: not just use IP, but destroy everything that isn’t a current success on Disney+ or in the cinema. Many tried to defend him, saying that Walt always wanted change and that Disneyland would never be completed. So, let’s transform the Haunted Mansion into a Doctor Strange ride—after all, Disneyland isn’t a museum...

I have to give Iger some credit, at least: his paid shills made everyone think that all the garbage he did was Chapek's doing, and many celebrated his return. Now it’s too late; we’re losing Dinosaur, Rivers of America, and the Muppets. Let’s see how the same people who cried on Main Street when Iger returned are going to spin this situation. My bet is that Josh D'Amaro will take the blame...

Sneaky

What is still not clear at all to me is where exactly Monsters would go if replacing Muppets and what is the configuration.

View attachment 809361

Isn't the thinking here that on the left side of the picture it is Pizzarizzo with the water tower next to it? That would put the Monsters building roughly around where Mama Melrose is.

Is it possible that the MuppetVision building survives - whether as Muppets or as a Monsters show - and the Monsters ride goes further back in the "land"?
One thing that throws me off. Keeping MV somehow but making everything else monsters would be a good compromise.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

View attachment 809361

Your thinking is right, but the overall plan requires the Muppet space.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
In 2022 we went and I think there were 50 people inside. Maybe more, but the place was empty for its capacity.
You can certainly get times like that, but that can be said for so many attractions. On the whole though, it is not a ghost town. When we shot out Country Bear Musical Jamboree video the other week, there was one other guest in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom